Aquolina Pink Sugar

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Guy Magnet!

on 8/25/2016 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Initially this does come off a little harsh. You get this overwhelming, in-your-face scent of burnt sugar and citrus. However once it starts to dry down it becomes absolutely gorgeous. I get whiffs of it while wearing it and sometimes it smells like cotton candy, sometimes it smells like strawberry candy and sometimes it smells like baked goods. Also it stays on clothes and makes them smell lovely.
It's not a sophisticated scent of course, but it is extremely pleasant, even decadent.

on 2/20/2016 4:58:00 PM

I just bought this recently, having never bothered to even smell it in the past, but it was on sale for cheap and it seems to be one of the most popular scents of all time so I had to satisfy my curiosity. The reason I never tried it before is because the description "smells like cotton candy with licorice" sounds disgusting to me. In general and especially as a scent to wear on my body. Cotton candy brings to mind cheap tweenage body sprays that make me nauseous. However, I like it. Its a really comforting scent to wear at home, after a bath, makes me keep sniffing my wrists for another hit. People have described it as "burnt sugar" and that is what it smells like to me. Very sweet with an edge. I have never worn this out in public, not sure Ill ever have the balls to do so, and would never wear it to work as I expect its overpowering sweetness would be offensive to some people, and that would be embarrassing-being the girl who grossed people out with her sugary perfume. So I continue to enjoy it at home, the way one would enjoy a nice scented candle. It lasts a really, really long time on me. Its cozy and I find I "miss it" when its gone. Cute

Love the smell of this, and the packaging is cute. I used to wear this when I was in my early 20's and I got so many compliments on it, guys especially would tell me it smelled like candy. I'm too old for it now but it's a cute fragrance for younger women.

I would only not buy it again because I don't wear scents like this anymore.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Aquolina Pink Sugar smells like cotton candy made and sold at the circus and fair. Sweet and robust. It brought back fond memories from childhood.

Cotton candy scent quickly turned into the scent of a burnt marshmallow over a campfire. I like the smell of a burnt marshmallow while roasting marshmallows, but I don't want to smell like one myself. Drydown changes from burnt marshmallow to burnt sugar in a saucepan.

Bottle is attractive. I like the pink swirls intertwined on the bottle. It reminds me of ribbons.

UPDATE-Previous rating of two lippies because top notes brought back fond memories as a child going to the circus. However, sprayed this again at the store, and the overwhelming sugar burnt in a saucepan smell overrode memories. This stuff is potent burnt sugar. I wanted to like this, because it's a fun fragrance, but it didn't work with my body chemistry.

on 12/11/2014 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I have been seeing this perfume around for a long time; I remember my first time seeing the bottle at Sephora when the new Sephora opened up here at Square One Mall. I only recently bought the 1.7floz bottle at Shopper's Drugmart for $19.00. I'm glad I found it for cheap as I don't think I would have spent the $40.00 or so on it at Sephora.

I have super mixed reviews on this product (I'm a Gemini, I'm always torn two-ways):

First of all, my CONS:
- Liquorice undertone is super heavy on me when I first spray it; dry-down takes about 1 hour for me (my chemistry always makes musk stand out).
- Not a complex, refined scent like I am used to (feels "cheap").
- Too pricey if not bought at discount.

Secondly, my PROS:
- Total guilty-pleasure. I am a sucker for sweet gourmand scents and this totally hits the spot.
- Dry-down smells amazing after first hour of burnt sugar/liquorice, and the sillage/staying power is excellent.

I can honestly say I love this perfume. It's a guilty pleasure for me as I love to smell edible ;-). I would never have bought it if it wasn't on sale though, I think regular price is much too expensive for this unidimensional perfume (my absolutely favourite perfume is "The One" by Dolce and Gabbanna, which is a complex/refined not-too-sweet scent).

Sweet baby yummy dessert in a bottle! There are so many reviews here that mine won't make a difference, but I couldn't resist talking about Pink Sugar.

I'll start off by saying: I should hate this perfume. There are so many things wrong with it; too sweet, too young, too vanilla, too caramel, too cotton candy, too cloying...but I don't know, I think that's why I'm in love with it. It's a gourmand's dream with a cherry on top. I'm not even a gourmand scent kind of person.

I bought this to try for spring/summer, but it doesn't work with my body chemistry for those seasons. However, I cannot WAIT until winter comes rolling back around so I can pull out my sweaters and wrap myself up in all this warm, sweet, delicious goodness.

Now, I'm not sure if I'd wear this to work at the office, it feels more like a weekend relaxing at home, or a going out with the family for breakfast kind of scent. I might try it and see how it goes, but again, it won't be until winter.

on 2/9/2014 5:33:00 PM

This is the cologne you would wear if you lived in Candyland. It smells exactly like cotton candy, caramel, peanuts, and candied apples. I went to an ice cream store the other day called Brewsters and as i was standing in line i couldnt tell if the scent i was smelling was this cologne or the caramel and ice cream coming from the store!!!!! I am a guy so when people ask what i am wearing i would never say i'm wearing "pink sugar". I say its a new guys scent called Candyman. LOL!!!!

I have never in my life felt sick from a perfume....until this perfume. This I appreciate only for the fact of being in my opinion the mom to the teen bubblegum cloud we see today. I don't like it personally,but a lot of ppl do,I respect that. What does it smell like? If every celeb sent was mixed in a pot with a bag of brown sugar and boiled. Then just left to burn. That's pink sugar

on 1/5/2014 6:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had wanted to love this because I have always been in search of something very vanilla & warm, but this is so sweet I can't stand it.
I smells of cotton candy mostly to me and burnt sugar? I am not sure if that's the right word, but it reminded me of overcooked sweets. I could smell the vanilla but felt it was overpowered by the sugar smell which I believe might be the caramel. I smelt no musk or orange at all on myself. Perhaps it's my own chemistry that fails to bring anything else out, but the scent did not impress me at all and I passed on it after sampling it many times. I did however LOVE the Gold Sugar & Pure Pink they have and purchased the Gold Sugar since it was exactly what I was looking for in the Pink Sugar, lol.

Popular Fragrances