Aquolina Pink Sugar

Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.9

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Oh boy...the famous "Aquolina Pink Sugar" perfume!. where do i start...Okay, first the packaging is absolutely ADORABLE..i must say.. it comes in a cylinder like container with bright pink candy swirl around it. when you open it, it looks like something you would see in a candy box. Like chocolates or expensive sweets with the little crinkled plastic surrounding it. I adore it. It is like the people are saying" i Present to you, a Sweet Frosty treat for your body! Oh so feminine!
This perfume scent itself is rather complex to rate....as a person who loves the sweetest of all sweetest dessert type fragrances. I was excited to try this and ordered it a very long time ago, when spraying it at first, you get smacked in the face with not Alcohol(like many perfumes, which i hate, but that is a good thing) but just strait up plain POWDERED SUGAR. and nothing else...scent that rivals Bubblegum or CottonCandy....or both, whatever's your taste. That can be a good thing or a bad thing... it all depends on your taste in fragrances. if you want to smell like candy sugar and nothing else. It is PERFECT for you. Me however find it kinda...how shall i say it......idk slightly annoying?.......Here is my reason why..
The perfume is strong , which is a good thing for me..but... its just SWEET!! and thats about it! i know it has all these different notes in it..but honestly you cant smell hardly any of them! its just strong powdery sugar. I wanted more of a WARM really sweet scent, that smells like SOMETHING in particular. But when i smell this...i just cant help but to go..
"its sweet.....very sweet...very VERY sweet....GOOD LORD THIS IS SWEET...????????...okay????.....is that it???..." you get what i am trying to say? Its just SWEET and that's about it.. i compared it to bubblegum or cotton candy because both of those are made of complete sugar, just the way this product smells, The product truly lives up to its name "Pink Sugar" . and the smell never dies off....as a matter a fact, it can last a couple days. What i do like about the scent... is after it dies off..which deifies the logic in repurchasing. After about 20 hours of spraying it on myself.. the Crazy sugar rush train ends and a random WARM salted Caramel comes out, that i absolutley LOVE !!!. i cant help but to think "oh if only this bottle smelled like this permanently!" . but alas...it does not... and one more thing. you cannot combine it with another fragrance to try and change it...I.E " lotions, layering, ex...." it will just overpower it and just continue to smell like nothing but pure sugar..
So all in all... this is for someone who purely wants to smell sweet and nothing else. Not for the faint of heart.. i still have like 85%-90% of mine still left after about a year and a half hoping one day, i will have a change of heart and i will learn to love it ..but as of right now..its just to much..

A BAG OF HALLOWEEN CANDY!!!!

i just had to throw that last one in there real quick because, i just remembered that was one of the things i kept comparing the scent to... =P

on 10/25/2011 10:53:00 PM

Oh my goodness. This perfume is amazing. It smells so sweet its intoxicating. Whenever I put this on, I get compliments from SO MANY PEOPLE.

I walked into the office to drop off the attendance one day and the person working at the counter asked me if I was eating marshmallows and I said no and maybe it was my fragrance. She complimented me on it and immediately asked me to jot down the name of the fragrance.

So there's this cute boy in my History class, I put this on one day and he was sitting beside me for a project. He was all like "Who smells like cookies?" and then he leaned in closer to me and was like "You smell like cookies... That's such a turn on... mmm" And he kept coming closer to m and trying to sniff me.
GIRLS, IF YOU WANT TO BE A GUY MAGNET, THIS STUFF WORKS.

It starts off as like a cotton candy scent, then maybe a marshmallow scent then a sugar cookie scent. EITIHER WAY IT'S SIMPLY DELICIOUS.

I think this perfume is great to use during Winter and Summer because it's so sweet and it delightfully contrasts the bitter cold Winter here in Canada, and the cotton candy smell is just perfect for Summer.

Loves it!

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This honestly smells like a candy store. On Black Friday Sephora had the 1.7oz for $10 I don't know why I didn't buy it then now I have to pay $60 for the 3.4oz the 1.7oz regularly is $45. It seems expensive but it's worth every penny. I sprayed it once on my shirt and 4days later I can still smell it. I have the shirt in a drawer unwashed instill I can but the bottle. The smell is HEAVEN! I can't stop thinking about the scent

on 4/13/2012 2:50:00 PM

I love this sorry I know it is said that it is too young too plasticky, too tacky to common, too horrible, BUT I just love it!!!! it smells like a delicious cupcake like the ones you cant eat too often, and the idea of spraying delicious cupcake all over me really catches me!!! (as weird as that may sound)............. I can smell it but dont get the calories
I like smelling like a bakery!! I just dont get tired of bathing myself in sweet goodness
I dont care if everyone elses smells like me
I can really leave everything negative aside for I really love this scent too much to bother...... I guess it is my not so guilty kind of guilty pleasure!!! yumm yumm

on 8/27/2010 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a good everyday scent if your into sweet fragrances. When i first smelled it, i kinda hated it. It has grown on me since then and i always like to have a small bottle to carry around in my purse. I never really wear pink sugar by herself.....i mix with something else most of the time. I also tend to spray this when i go into stinky public restrooms. Not the most "unique" scent, but it works, and i like it. It's an ubber girltastik scent :) , that i believe can be pulled off by any lady at any age...I mean..why do people assume that just because a gal is older she shouldn't smell or want to smell nice and sweet? What the hell...are we all doomed to smell like moth balls or something?

I was browsing around Sephora, when I came across this perfume. First, I have to say that I have always favored more sweet smells, as opposed to florals. I didn't buy it, only because I wanted to see how the scent would smell on me later and how long it would last. When first applied, yes it is pretty sweet (hence the name though)! Over the course of the night, the smell did dissipate some but I could still smell the "candy/vanilla/sweetness" just much more toned down. I would def say that at least on me, it smells better after having worn it for a couple hours. IMO, it did not smell cheap, or too "teenish" at all. I've already purchased my first bottle.

***And I agree with another reviewer....there's no need to trash others just because they do like this scent. Giving an opinion is great and can be very helpful...but let's do it in a nice way ladies :D

on 11/28/2008 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This smelled too sweet for me. I mean I love desserts and sugar and all, but..why would you want to smell like one? lol It's like liquid sugar..you might as well make your own at home!

sweet. yummy. coldstone icecream/cotton candy.

lasting power is GREAT. probably one of the strongest lasting fragrance I've ever had.

i love it. people around me loves it. my girlfriends love it. guys love it. haha

must be careful though. the smell is sometimes a little too sweet so make sure you do not spray TOO MUCH.

also i don't know why but sometimes the level of sweetness changes. sometimes its sweet in mild level and sometimes it is EXTREMELY kind of in a sick way sweet.

i think it has to do with temperature.. when i am spraying this in a hot weather outside (I live in Cali) it gets a little too sweet.

so if you are in winter You can get away with spraying three to four times. but if you are in summer do not spray more than twice.

also as time pass by the color of the liquid changes to yellow.. luckily the scent of the fragrances seems okay.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This smells really sweet, like candy floss. I love it, but not for summer. It's a little too much for summer time, but I spray this on my hair at night so the scent will be lighter the next day. It smells really good on my pillows. Recommend it for use on colder days. Be careful not to spray too much though, if not the alcohol will be too overpowering.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have to get it out and say that I absolutely do not like the opening of Pink Sugar on me. It smells like a thousand bits of potent licorice decided to have a 3 hour party on my skin. I wouldn't say it is cloying but it is definitely overwhelming, especially if you live in more humid countries. It can sometimes give me a headache if the weather gets too hot... I would recommend spraying this once on cooler, less humid days. For a gourmand fragrance, I find this scent very addictive. I don't know why. I would like to say that it's the fabulous dry down which is a soft and comforting creme brulee but I know it's more than that. There's just something about it that makes me reach my bottle more often than I should.

Popular Fragrances