Aquolina Pink Sugar

Aquolina Pink Sugar

on 4/21/2011 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I am on a search for sweet smelling perfumes, flowery and dessert. When I walked into Sephora last week, I definitely got what I wanted. If you don't like sickeningly sweet, this is not for you! I agree, this product can be a little strong. I spray it on my wrist first and then rub it on my collarbone. It smells better on me as the day goes on and last a very long time!

on 2/7/2009 2:28:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY. On paper this seemed so perfect for me. I even smelt this on my friend's sister and liked it. It was the first time I've ever liked someone's scent enough to ask what it is and I couldn't believe it when she said "Pink Sugar". I was like, that's the scent I heard about on MUA! But upon receiving this (after much anticipation) I can only say that I was very disappointed. Could it have gone off? I wondered. I honestly thought myself to be a gourmand scent girl through and through. I laughed at the reviews claiming it was "just tooo sweet". I thought, for me, nothing can be too sweet! But ohhh no, there could. And it is Pink Sugar. Maybe, yes, once it mellows it is perfectly lovely and catching whiffs of the caramel/vanilla/candyfloss/sugary loveliness would surely be worth the initial AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH phase. But I just cannot put myself through that anymore. I just wish it hadn't got that sharp-sweet note which, for me, causes an almost acidic burning of the nostrils. Just thinking about it is wince-inducing.
I simply can't stomach it, even as a room spray. The only way I could fathom introducing this to my life is to wear it very, VERY occasionally. I mean, everybody needs a sugar hit now and then, don't they? To wear this everyday would be like slipping into a diabetic coma.

EDIT: 15/03/10

I CANNOT believe how much I've changed my mind about this! Love it now! I have recently dyed my hair back to light blonde from dark brown and it just seems to suit me more now? I just love the sweet, vanillery goodness as it floats in the breeze around me and catching wafts of it every now and again. It's such a sexy-but-innocent scent that is great for day and night - my joint favourite with Angel now :)

Popular Fragrances