Aquolina Pink Sugar

Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Oh boy...the famous "Aquolina Pink Sugar" perfume!. where do i start...Okay, first the packaging is absolutely ADORABLE..i must say.. it comes in a cylinder like container with bright pink candy swirl around it. when you open it, it looks like something you would see in a candy box. Like chocolates or expensive sweets with the little crinkled plastic surrounding it. I adore it. It is like the people are saying" i Present to you, a Sweet Frosty treat for your body! Oh so feminine!
This perfume scent itself is rather complex to rate....as a person who loves the sweetest of all sweetest dessert type fragrances. I was excited to try this and ordered it a very long time ago, when spraying it at first, you get smacked in the face with not Alcohol(like many perfumes, which i hate, but that is a good thing) but just strait up plain POWDERED SUGAR. and nothing else...scent that rivals Bubblegum or CottonCandy....or both, whatever's your taste. That can be a good thing or a bad thing... it all depends on your taste in fragrances. if you want to smell like candy sugar and nothing else. It is PERFECT for you. Me however find it kinda...how shall i say it......idk slightly annoying?.......Here is my reason why..
The perfume is strong , which is a good thing for me..but... its just SWEET!! and thats about it! i know it has all these different notes in it..but honestly you cant smell hardly any of them! its just strong powdery sugar. I wanted more of a WARM really sweet scent, that smells like SOMETHING in particular. But when i smell this...i just cant help but to go..
"its sweet.....very sweet...very VERY sweet....GOOD LORD THIS IS SWEET...????????...okay????.....is that it???..." you get what i am trying to say? Its just SWEET and that's about it.. i compared it to bubblegum or cotton candy because both of those are made of complete sugar, just the way this product smells, The product truly lives up to its name "Pink Sugar" . and the smell never dies off....as a matter a fact, it can last a couple days. What i do like about the scent... is after it dies off..which deifies the logic in repurchasing. After about 20 hours of spraying it on myself.. the Crazy sugar rush train ends and a random WARM salted Caramel comes out, that i absolutley LOVE !!!. i cant help but to think "oh if only this bottle smelled like this permanently!" . but alas...it does not... and one more thing. you cannot combine it with another fragrance to try and change it...I.E " lotions, layering, ex...." it will just overpower it and just continue to smell like nothing but pure sugar..
So all in all... this is for someone who purely wants to smell sweet and nothing else. Not for the faint of heart.. i still have like 85%-90% of mine still left after about a year and a half hoping one day, i will have a change of heart and i will learn to love it ..but as of right now..its just to much..

A BAG OF HALLOWEEN CANDY!!!!

i just had to throw that last one in there real quick because, i just remembered that was one of the things i kept comparing the scent to... =P

on 11/30/2013 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I really like this -- it smells great

I would buy this but already have my favorites in Laura Mercier

on 5/2/2011 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I love this! I am deeming it a new classic!

Definitely sugary, yet grown up. It should be called like "Mauve Sugar" instead.

It lasts pretty much all day, but the dry down is pure vanilla :(My only con.)

on 4/21/2011 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I am on a search for sweet smelling perfumes, flowery and dessert. When I walked into Sephora last week, I definitely got what I wanted. If you don't like sickeningly sweet, this is not for you! I agree, this product can be a little strong. I spray it on my wrist first and then rub it on my collarbone. It smells better on me as the day goes on and last a very long time!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I love this perfume, I wear this on a regular basis & I always get compliments whenever I have it on. It just smells so yummy & it lasts forever. Definitely one of my top HG fragrances.

Hair: Other, Kinky, Other

Very sweet fragrance. I loved it a lot at first but now it kind of gives me a head ache. I only wear this on special occasions if I want to smell like a cupcake. A little goes a long way, although I don't think the staying power lasted on me for a very long time. I would suggest putting a unscented lotion under it to tone it down and make it last longer.

on 1/15/2010 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

Well, I occassionally like sweet, gourmand, fun and flirty scents. This could be that but it's lacking "something". The sweetness is rather flat on my skin not cotton candy at all. I realized a few spritz's later that this is a younger casual "wannabe" to one of my faves Hanae Mori Butterfly. I had not worn HM in years but when I realized the connection I bought another bottle. Anyway, I do have and wear PS when I'm lounging around the house or running insignificant errands, jeans and sneakers, flannel PJs etc. Yet when I really want to smell "yummy enough to eat" I grab my Hanae Mori.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I smelled it in the Sephora and instead of asking for a sample just went ahead and bought it. That's a definite first for me to be so taken with a fragrance like that. It smells sweet at first then when it dries down on me it smells like cocoa butter (so I'm told).
It's really beautiful.
1 YR UPDATE: it took all of 2 months for my nose to start hating the sweet smell of this after smelling it on me and what seemed like 8 out of 10 females on the street. It got too popular and the novelty wore off. Gave it away.

on 2/7/2009 2:28:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY. On paper this seemed so perfect for me. I even smelt this on my friend's sister and liked it. It was the first time I've ever liked someone's scent enough to ask what it is and I couldn't believe it when she said "Pink Sugar". I was like, that's the scent I heard about on MUA! But upon receiving this (after much anticipation) I can only say that I was very disappointed. Could it have gone off? I wondered. I honestly thought myself to be a gourmand scent girl through and through. I laughed at the reviews claiming it was "just tooo sweet". I thought, for me, nothing can be too sweet! But ohhh no, there could. And it is Pink Sugar. Maybe, yes, once it mellows it is perfectly lovely and catching whiffs of the caramel/vanilla/candyfloss/sugary loveliness would surely be worth the initial AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH phase. But I just cannot put myself through that anymore. I just wish it hadn't got that sharp-sweet note which, for me, causes an almost acidic burning of the nostrils. Just thinking about it is wince-inducing.
I simply can't stomach it, even as a room spray. The only way I could fathom introducing this to my life is to wear it very, VERY occasionally. I mean, everybody needs a sugar hit now and then, don't they? To wear this everyday would be like slipping into a diabetic coma.

EDIT: 15/03/10

I CANNOT believe how much I've changed my mind about this! Love it now! I have recently dyed my hair back to light blonde from dark brown and it just seems to suit me more now? I just love the sweet, vanillery goodness as it floats in the breeze around me and catching wafts of it every now and again. It's such a sexy-but-innocent scent that is great for day and night - my joint favourite with Angel now :)

on 12/11/2008 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I was able to snag this in a swap. I smelled this at Ulta and it smelled yummy to me. - think syrupy Cotton Candy. I did not think it was overpowering or 'burnt' smelling, the only thing I disliked is that the scent seems to wear off in about 15-20 minutes.

Update 3/2010 - I get a ton of compliments when I wear this - I guess it mixes well with my body chemistry. I've kinda grown attached to the cookies and cakes smell. I'm on my 2nd bottle.

Popular Fragrances