Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.6

on 3/15/2007 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the kind of scent that will make women hate you and men love you. It's that simple. Here are the reactions you get when wearing it:

1. (Woman or man who doesn't know it's perfume) What's that smell? Is something baking? Wow that smells good!!! Mmmm!

2. Woman who knows it's perfume gives you a dirty look for wearing something too "flirty"

3. Man smiles at you, smells your hair, fawns all over you, and wants to eat you up.

Don't say I didn't warn you ladies!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Aquolina's Pink Sugar is a pleasant, fun favorite of mine. I'm not a floral person, I love my vanilla scents and will also gravitate towards anything that drys down to my favorite vanilla. Pink Sugar does that for me in a musky way.
Top notes are bergamot, Sicilian orange, green nuance of fig leaves, middle notes are lily of the valley, liquorice blossom, and red fruits, and it drys down to vanilla, caramel, woodsy and musky notes. As with any fragrance, let its aroma waft through the air and don't let it's initial scent sway you. Wait a good 20 minutes before you decide how it interacts with your own body's chemicals. There are three phases to a fragrance. Delight in all of them. And if you enjoy them all? The fragrance is for you.
I spray Pink Sugar and it reminds me of going into a candle shop and finding just the right vanilla candle. Of opening the candle jar, smelling it and saying that's just the right one. It's not obnoxious to me or cloyingly sweet. It's light enough to wear year round. It transcends age. It's not a young girl's fragrance or a grandma's fragrance, either. If it suits you, it simply does.
After about 30 minutes I do smell the scent of licorice lightly on myself. But it's mixed with a very light muskiness of butter cream caramel vanilla. It has a good lasting power of 12 hours or more, and that's with one spray. I've used the Eau de Toilette and the Parfum.
Frankly, I think the name turns some people off because it sounds young and frivolous so they think it's not sophisticated enough to wear. I'm a firm believer in wearing what makes you feel good, smell good, feel cozy, feel sexy, or whatever you want your mood to be. It shouldn't matter what the price is, or who makes it. After all, are you wearing the label of the parfum on your neck? Or are you wearing a parfum simply to make yourself feel good and lift your spirits?

I refuse to conform to the notion that a fragrance is "too juvenile" for me. I am 31 years young and even if I were 61 years young, I would still wear any scent that I find pleasurable, satisfying and fun. I don't need to own an entire bottle of Aquolina Pink Sugar. I have three sample vials and they will last me for a very long time. When I first tried this about 4-5 months ago, I thought that I just HAD to own the set with the full-size bottle, the lotion and the body wash. I made the purchase at Sephora and within a few days, I returned it. I really enjoy the perfume, but the lotion had the consistency of water and the body wash had very little scent. For me, it just wasn't worth the money, when I have these samples. I have only worn Pink Sugar out and about a few times, as I have many different perfumes that I prefer more. However, Pink Sugar is something that I love to wear at home...I love to wear it to bed and wake up to the light sweetness of it still lingering on me in the morning...My SO doesn't care for this scent so much, but I am an independent woman and I wear what I like. Does Pink Sugar evoke images of eating pink cotton candy and riding the Ferris wheel at the county fair? YES! Does Pink Sugar make me feel like I am a human sweet treat? YES! That is the brilliance of this scent. It is fun, delicious and everything sweet. It is cute cupcakes, happy smiles and a warm summer's night. Some would call Pink Sugar simple, but surprisingly, it is just the opposite. How can I not have respect for an EDT that literally transports me to a place and time that has long been gone? As for the notes, I smell the following: In the beginning, it's all about the strawberries, praline, SUGAR and cotton candy...Give it some time before passing judgment, as this scent DOES develop and change over time...By the end, Pink Sugar has settled into a very light, airy, soft, powdery sweetness on my skin. I love to put a bit of this in my hair! It is so nice. I am really quite impressed with how long this scent lasts, considering it is an EDT. In addition, a small amount goes a very long way, so I am certain that a full-size bottle would last for ages. All in all, this is a scent that should be respected for it's sweetness and fun.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I live in Australia where this is a relatively unheard of fragrance. This is a smell which will reap you numerous compliments, ranging from both men and women. Men especially. It's a proven fact, read the numerous reviews before me. I believe it's one of those smells that everybody likes upon first 'sniff'. I wore this for the first time Wednesday. My friend, upon arrival, told me I smelt "beautiful, like cotton candy", the waitress at the restaurant told me I smelt "so good" and "so much better" than all the food she'd been around all day. Five hours after parting ways with the same friend, he told me he could still smell me and that he "loved it". On the way home, a woman on the bus asked me what I was wearing. I was overwhelmed with how many compliments I received on it in just one night, - I've never once received as much as a comment when wearing Chanel or Prada. For the price, staying power, and the appeal it seems to have with people, this will always be one of my favourite fragrances. Love it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

The official scent of the seventh grade.

on 10/29/2008 2:50:00 AM

If you want to smell like an amusement park (i.e. the noxious odor of cotton candy being pumped into the atmosphere), this is for you. Gross. I gag whenever I smell a girl wearing this which is, like, every single day. A very one dimensional smell. Not sure why it appeals to so many. I'll give it one thing, it is distinctive. And also strong, unless everyone who wears it bathes themselves in it, which may be the case. If Mattel made a Barbie brand perfume, this would be it.

Pink Sugar is one of the sweetest fragrances I've smelled, and since sweet fragrances are my favorite, a staple on my vanity. I'm one of those people who couldn't imagine disliking the smell. I feel so pretty and girly wearing it.

I don't really smell bakery pastry or frosting sweetness but a frilly, sugary scent with caramelly warmth and the delicious drifting fragrance of vanilla. Delicious raspberries beside addicting, cozy musk keep Pink Sugar from smelling too boring or one-dimensional. It smells really thoughtfully crafted and not at all cheap. Pink Sugar has much more to give than the smell of those cheap cookies with pink frosting or a sprinkled donut you pick up at the supermarket. It is a gourmand scent, but one with many layers, and it's inviting and pretty and I don't think it's childish at all. Don't let anyone tell you you're too old to wear a scent. Just wear what radiates how you feel.

Licorice is briefly the top note and may seem too soured or strong, but once on your skin for twenty minutes or so, the fragrance softens to a warm and delicious scent reminiscent of candy floss with the richness of caramel and a subtle fruity, citrus tinge. Juicy, sweet, and girly, just a lovely classic gourmand perfume. Plus the packaging is so classy and cute. I keep a rollerball in my purse because it tends to last about four hours. With two sprays, the sillage is a perfect balance between close to the skin and still making a signature scent.

If you're a fan of sweet or gourmand fragrances you'll most likely end up needing Pink Sugar in your perfume collection but like all perfumes, I'd advise seeing how it works with your skin chemistry before buying the full size.

on 11/22/2013 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm one of the people that hates this scent as well. It's way too sweet and strong. Instead of compliments, I get comments. Not, "Oh, you smell nice", or "What are you wearing?", but "Oh, wow, somebody smells sweet", or, "Man, somebody's wearing vanilla today". It's embarrassing. I've worn some strong scents in the past, and this is the only one that makes people passive aggressively comment. I've tried lightly wearing it, but it still just overpowers my body.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am a total girly girl and I love sweet gourmand scents especially anything vanilla or coconut. I really wanted to love this perfume. The first time I tried this I definitely smelled the licorice but then it dries down to a sweet delicious vanilla cotton candy scent.

Afterwards I went over to my boyfriend's sister and brother-in-laws'. My boyfriend's sister is not someone I would expect to love this scent(she's more of a Chanel girl) but when I went to hug her goodbye, she literally would not let go. She begged to know what I was wearing and said it was the most delicious scent she's ever smelled. You will definitely get reactions from people with this....like a pandemonium! Every time I wear this I get stopped by people, and cuddled and hugged.

I like this scent, but not so much as other people do. This is just too cloying for me, it's yummy but it's a bit too much on me. This smells the best at the end of the day.

on 2/15/2012 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Notes; Bergamot, Sicilian Orange, Raspberry, Fig Leaves, Lily of the Valley, Licorice, Strawberry, Red Fruit, Cotton Candy, Vanilla, Caramel, Musk, Wood, Powder.

This fragrance reminds me of a carnival.Not a playful happy carnivalwhere cotton candy is passed around and kids are smiling with rosy cheeks.The carnival that is humid,bustling and parents and kids are pushing people to get out of the way to get to the rides.The one were you will nearly get trampled on to get on the dodgems,and the one that gives you a headache and you can't wait to get out!

For my first impression a quite spritz of this is not only me regretting spraying it,but also (artificial) strawberry,cotton candy and ice cream sundae sauce.It is an overload of sugar and it quickly changes to homebaked cookies (so beautiful, but doesn't last long.) and then lemon sugar cookies.The lemon sugar cookies turn out to have no lemon at all,and more 80% caramel and 20% sugar.So basically a thick paste of caramel and sugar spilling out for start to finish.For me its too sweet for anything like if you go to school,or if you got to work.Its too distracting on me,and a little too sickly sweet.Its just very kiddish on my skin and quite like a caramel-sugarry body splash.

Having said that,most people love it including teens,kids and adults.I have smelt it on others and it smells way nicer! It depends on the acidicy of your skin.The bottle is just beautiful too,and I really thought it would be over the top bottle but It's actually not and I really like the bottle.It reminds me of somebody ribbon dancing because theres like a ribbon picture of the top.(I bet its made out of sugar.)

You should defiently smell this if you are even interested slightly.Or even if you're not because you can see here its a mixed bag of reviews and it just depends on yourself.

Thanks for reading (: