Aquolina Pink Sugar

Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.5

on 12/29/2014 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

So I had gotten this for Christmas as I had seen that my friend had worn this perfume a lot, so I was more than willing to buy it for myself because it smelled good on her. It does smell sweet and sugary and it does have that cotton candy-Esque scent to it if you really enjoy that type of smell. Personally, I think the name Pink Sugar is an appropriate name because when you do smell it, that certainly is the Colour that you're thinking of.
Anyway, when I put it on on Christmas Day, I was wrapped in the sweet, sparkling scent of this product. I was also afraid that it wouldn't work with my body's chemistry as I didn't try it on before and had only ever smelled it on my friend once. My mom even said that it smelled really good and sweet so I assumed it was alright.
About a few hours later as we were having Christmas dinner, I noticed that it began to lose its scent on my skin. Now, here's the part that I get confused about: How do you know if a perfume is working well for you? If it loses its scent on your skin, does that mean it's reacted well with your chemistry but you just cannot smell it? Or if you still can smell it whether it smells slightly off or not?
See, I'm new to perfumes and I think that they truly are wonderful and it's amazing how everyone can have different tastes in scents for certain occasions. However, I'm not stupid when it comes to them, as well. I know for a fact that certain chemicals react to people a certain way but I don't think trying on a scent in a department store full of other perfumes is exactly wise, either. The scents will mix.
Anyway, my point is that after eating our mega ultra Canadian Christmas dinner, the scent was gone but at the same time it left a burned sugar smell. My mother said I still smelled fine. I think it's just personal preference. And really, everyone smells themselves before others smell them. Because we all have unique scents and chemical makeups. So if I think I smell different because the scent doesn't exactly smell the same as when I first applied it, doesn't mean others will catch on. Someone should invent a perfume primer or something.
Overall, cute ribbon packaging and wonderful scent. Truly feminine, sweet, sugary, and pink. 3/5 lippies were given due to the fact that the price is very high but I'm glad I can get it at Walmart for $30 CDN, but still, even that's a bit much.
Would recommend it for younger girls, or if you're really into fun, sweet scents!

on 4/22/2012 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Loved it in the store, but at home to me it smelled almost spicy. I had a friend sniff it who normally wears Pink Sugar, and she said it smelled like it should: sweet and sugary.
Gave it to her. I guess it just didn't work with my body chemistry.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I live in Australia where this is a relatively unheard of fragrance. This is a smell which will reap you numerous compliments, ranging from both men and women. Men especially. It's a proven fact, read the numerous reviews before me. I believe it's one of those smells that everybody likes upon first 'sniff'. I wore this for the first time Wednesday. My friend, upon arrival, told me I smelt "beautiful, like cotton candy", the waitress at the restaurant told me I smelt "so good" and "so much better" than all the food she'd been around all day. Five hours after parting ways with the same friend, he told me he could still smell me and that he "loved it". On the way home, a woman on the bus asked me what I was wearing. I was overwhelmed with how many compliments I received on it in just one night, - I've never once received as much as a comment when wearing Chanel or Prada. For the price, staying power, and the appeal it seems to have with people, this will always be one of my favourite fragrances. Love it.

on 3/30/2012 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I tried to like this. I love caramel and vanilla notes, but this was just disgusting, pardon me. I like sweet fragrances, but this had enough sugar to burn a hole through your teeth. If you want a gourmand fragrance that has a more sophisticated edge and is not saccharin-sweet, go for Prada Candy. Shame, I liked the bottle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am a bit undecided when it comes to this perfume... It's not horrible, but it's not great either. I wanted something fresh and sweet at the same time, but this smells so sugary and vanila-ish that it turns out to be very heavy. I guess a light spray before you go out is good, and even better if you have time for the scent to develop, but if you practically shower yourself in this stuff you will turn out smelling sickishly sweet, and not in a good way. The first time I wore it I sprayed on a generous amount, and during school I kept sniffing, wondering if the school had opened a freaking bakery/confectionery. But then I sniffed at my shirt, and realized that I was the source of the strong smell.

The bottle is cute, and the smell can be OK in small doses, but this is definitely not the first perfume I reach after in the morning. My mother hates this on top of it, and the scent alone is enough to make her gag. So... no, not a favorite of mine.

on 2/27/2012 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i didn't think i would like this fragrance but i tried it on and i was contemplating whether or not i should buy it (got mine discounted at a discount chemist in Australia!). i finally got it and i'm so glad i did. it's not as sickening as i thought it would be and it's such a yummy scent!!!

on 2/15/2012 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Notes; Bergamot, Sicilian Orange, Raspberry, Fig Leaves, Lily of the Valley, Licorice, Strawberry, Red Fruit, Cotton Candy, Vanilla, Caramel, Musk, Wood, Powder.

This fragrance reminds me of a carnival.Not a playful happy carnivalwhere cotton candy is passed around and kids are smiling with rosy cheeks.The carnival that is humid,bustling and parents and kids are pushing people to get out of the way to get to the rides.The one were you will nearly get trampled on to get on the dodgems,and the one that gives you a headache and you can't wait to get out!

For my first impression a quite spritz of this is not only me regretting spraying it,but also (artificial) strawberry,cotton candy and ice cream sundae sauce.It is an overload of sugar and it quickly changes to homebaked cookies (so beautiful, but doesn't last long.) and then lemon sugar cookies.The lemon sugar cookies turn out to have no lemon at all,and more 80% caramel and 20% sugar.So basically a thick paste of caramel and sugar spilling out for start to finish.For me its too sweet for anything like if you go to school,or if you got to work.Its too distracting on me,and a little too sickly sweet.Its just very kiddish on my skin and quite like a caramel-sugarry body splash.

Having said that,most people love it including teens,kids and adults.I have smelt it on others and it smells way nicer! It depends on the acidicy of your skin.The bottle is just beautiful too,and I really thought it would be over the top bottle but It's actually not and I really like the bottle.It reminds me of somebody ribbon dancing because theres like a ribbon picture of the top.(I bet its made out of sugar.)

You should defiently smell this if you are even interested slightly.Or even if you're not because you can see here its a mixed bag of reviews and it just depends on yourself.

Thanks for reading (:

on 2/1/2012 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I went to sephora the other day and decided to try this on just because so many people have such a strong reaction to it. But I'm left contemplating it. I feel as though it smells different on me then most people because on me cotton candy isn't even the main note. Don't get me wrong, the sticky cotton candy scent was there but on me the main note that seemed to smell more like sandalwood. Soooo...

Pros:
It smells good, warm, and not to fruity.
It lasts like insanity
Comes in many different forms so you can pick your favorite size/application.
Its not horribly expensive.
Even though its a common perfume, my body chemistry makes it somewhat unique.

Cons:
Very common perfume, lots of other girls wear it.
The spray kind is hard to control, applies too much for my taste.
VERY strong, to the point where wearing it all day gave me a headache.

All and all I do like it. I think I might get in the rollerball version from sephora because its pretty inexpensive and I feel like I could apply it more sparingly that way. I'm pretty sure it was the amount, not the perfume itself that gave me a headache.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not only does it have a TERRIFIC smell, but it's memorable too. People have recognized this scent many times on me.

on 1/26/2011 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this stuff!! The scent is to die for. I am the type of person who gets headaches from ANY body spray/perfume remotely sweet smelling- with the exception of this perfume! It's not overpowering or nauseating, like some scents I have experienced are. As for price, I think it is a steal, especially for what some perfumes are on the market for these days. And the packaging, I love it, but the ribbon design is starting to wear off! That doesn't really annoy me, however, because the scent is worthy of the Queen of England!!

Popular Fragrances