Aquolina Pink Sugar Eau de Toilette

Aquolina Pink Sugar Eau de Toilette

3.7

1928 reviews

I would give a Zero rating if I could! This stuff STINKS!! When I put it on, this perfume smelled sickenly sweet! It was so disgusting. It not only smells sweet but it has a baby powdery fruity sugary sweet smell which just does not go good together. It smelled like an old lady’s perfume but even worse because it was mixed with this unbelievably sickenly fruity candy powdery scent on top of it. I even had my friend smell the bottle and he was like “ewww, that is way too sweet!”. I took a shower immediately to get the scent of the perfume off because it smelled so bad and I tried to wash it off at the sink with a washcloth on my neck and wrists but I could still smell it and it was driving me crazy. It also gave me a headache from the smell. If you suffer from headaches or migraines you will not like this perfume because most likely it will probably trigger a migraine due to the overpowering sickenly sweet smell! I bought this because Kathleenlights from YouTube said she liked it and I did see good reviews on it. After I got it and tried it, I looked at the bad reviews and the people said the things that I also thought about the perfume, it was just awful. It immediately went back the next day and I got a full refund. It seems like people either really love or really hate this perfume but perfume is personal preference. I would not buy this just by recommendation of someone like I did just by listening to a bunch of reviews. I suggest if you really are interested in getting this perfume go to a store that carries it like Sephora, Ulta, etc. and asking to try it instead of buying it blindly online. You may also want to ask the sales person to spray it on a card before spraying it on yourself because if you hate it like I did you’re going to be stuck with that scent on until you get home and it may drive you crazy since it’s very strong and it is a scent that definitely does not fade quickly!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the only perfume I've purchased more than once. It's that almost sickly sweet cotton candy scent will a hint of spice that makes you think of Ariana Grande and cupcakes and vanilla. This perfume always gets me compliments, especially from men. It's definitely a crowd pleaser. However it's definitely more of a "juvenile" scent, since it's not very complex and just has a predominant sweet note to it. It also lasts a decently long time on the skin.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Awww Ive been in love with this fragrance since it first came out. I love anything foody and sweet and this is both. It really smells like spun sugar/cotton candy.

I love that it goes on, has a wonderful throw and seems to last all day. I love layering this with the other products like the lotion.

on 2/9/2019 4:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Sometimes I wonder how much stronger and more potent Pink Sugar would be if it were an eau de parfum. I mean, for an EDT it blows away many EDPs in the sillage AND longevity categories. I can't even imagine a Pink Sugar EDP... It would probably clear a room.

Pink Sugar is the pinkest pink thing that has ever pinked. It's pink at its zenith. Pinnacle pink. The Mt. Everest of Pink. I'll stop.

It's saccharine sweet, but there's also a fresh note stuffed somewhere in there that keeps Pink Sugar from being a syrupy, highly obnoxious mess (at least to me). It's all cotton candy- light and sweet. Some will find Pink Sugar juvenile, but I think women's personalities are layered enough to find days and moods in which wearing Pink Sugar is fitting. Sometimes I WANT to be girly and flirty, light, youthful and fun. Nothing is wrong with that. Age shouldn't determine which perfume you wear. I hope to be 85 years old and still feel joyful moments and have carefree days perfect for Pink Sugar.

Fun, youthful merriment: may you long live.

I recommend Pink Sugar to all. Put on your best Barbie heels and lipstick, and get into this pink life.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

A very sweet gourmand perfume with a slight burnt sugar note that I detect at times. Strong projection and lasts quite a while. For me it is more of a perfume that remind me of the sweet celebrity perfumes that are aimed towards younger girls. My daughter wears this for school and I can smell the perfume on her uniforms after they’ve been washed. Inexpensive and bottle is very cute.

on 9/14/2018 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I don' t think this smells "pink" or childish at all! It is very gourmand and sweet, but quite spicy and musky too, at least on my skin. Delicious, longlasting and projects well.

Sometime in the last 2 years or so, this giddy liquid confection became my HG. And it did so on its own merits, against my will, because I own many more expensive fragrances & one-of-a-kind vintage fragrances & my intellect tells me I should like those more. Especially at age 47! But my god, I just LOOOOOOVE Pink Sugar. Wearing it makes me unreasonably happy; it garners tons of compliments; and my husband (who merely tolerates most perfumes) sighs blissfully when I have it on.

Pink Sugar (2003) was the first true take-no-prisoners GOURMAND! fragrance. [Angel, its predecessor, shares some of the same notes like cotton candy and caramel, but the real star of Angel's show is the massively dirty patchouli, and one could hardly call Angel a "sweet" fragrance overall.] I consider Pink Sugar superior to everything that came after it. It is a meticulously crafted fragrance, with some real complexity.

The initial spray can be a bit bracing, what with the brisk lemon, tart berries, and anise; soon after you are hit with a fizzy and ethereal spun-sugar effect; and the entire thing dries down to a stunningly woodsy dessert course of caramelized vanilla. It has brilliant sillage and longevity, wearing much more like an EDP than an EDT. While the entire thing sounds almost like diabetic overload on paper, it just works on the skin and makes you smell fresh, soft, and edible all at once. You are irresistible to anyone within 12 inches! SO FREAKIN' GREAT. I wear it to work. I just don't care.

If you don't like sweet fragrances, you won't like this. On the other hand, if any sweet fragrance were to win you over, Pink Sugar would be the one. And don't worry about the cheap price-- this is quality stuff. I've noticed the newer bottles of Pink Sugar, like the ones sold online and in discount stores, don't have the Aquolina brand name on the package. However, this is because Aquolina turned over production to its parent company (I think it's called Selectiva of Italy). I just bought a bottle at Burlington days ago, and it is every bit as potent and perfect as the bottles I got from Sephora in years past. Note that the normal color of the juice is a light yellow, not clear as in the misleading photo on this page. It has a very high concentration of vanilla, which causes the yellow hue. The fragrance has only gone "off" if it turns dark amber or brown.

on 7/25/2018 3:57:00 AM

I think this perfume is suitable to use when you are going out on a girl-night-out, not so suitable to go out for a date (I dont think guys love this too sweet scent!)
For me, I am 28 and I love sweet scent. So it will not a problem for me. But for people who love a bit more mature scent, this isnt for you! It is very young, sweet, girly and sugary scent. Quite strong! So you will either love it or hate it :D
Price is not bad. 20USD on sale for 100ml.
Packaging is adorable, looks like a cotton candy ^_^

I bought this once and HATED it. I expected a sweet candy smell but the only note I smelled was licorice. It drowned out everything else on my skin. I gave it to my daughter. All these years later I decided to order it again and this time it is MUCH better. This new bottle does not have the same licorice only note....Perhaps I had a bad bottle? I did order from ebay.

This is a completely difference fragrance to me in comparison to two years ago. I am also 48. Older people CAN pull this off. I actually get compliments wearing it whereas I get none wearing all of my expensive Diors.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

One of my favourite perfumes. I miss this perfume so much. I had it years ago. It has a sweet smell to it. So if you like sweet scents, you'll definitely like this! You smell like candy. It reminds me the smell of a candy store.

Popular Fragrances