Aquolina Pink Sugar

Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.4

on 2/5/2017 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My all time favorite sent!! It's so sweet, sexy and girly. Very refreshing. And well worth the $19.00 at the drug store !

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I only now started wearing this again. I wore this previously for 3 full years. It was my signature scent for the longest time, anyone who smelled this knew it was me. It brings back a lot of memories... Anyways about the perfume: it'll last you awhile. You don't need a lot of it at all, 2 sprays is okay. I kind of go up to 4 spritzes but on me it doesn't smell strong at all, just gives a really good sillage. However I wait before leaving my house, by the time I've left my house it's already at dry down. Pink Sugar isn't going to smell like flowers or oriental frangrances. It is EXTREMELY sweet. It smells like caramel, vanilla and sugar. Baked goods really. On the initial spray it smells very much like licorice. However on me the licorice smell fades very fast unlike some other reviews that I read. This scent lasts a really long time on me, I don't find myself reapplying this during the day, it's very long lasting on me so although I agree this is expensive, technically speaking you'll be saving money since the bottle will last you so long. I also get a ton of compliments when I wear this, guys really do love it. Forever a favourite.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm 22 and have been using this stuff since I was 16. It is sickeningly cotton-candy, vanilla, caramel sweet when you first put it on but I adore it and always get compliments. The scent lasts all day long and if I'm feeling fancy I layer it underneath other perfumes.
In the winter I usually wear just this, or this underneath a squirt of a spicier, musky perfume, and in the summer I'll wear a squirt of this underneath something floral and citrus-y.
The only downside is the bottle leaks, I've gone through probably 8 bottles of this and every single one leaks, and when it does it melts the pink lines of the bottle and smudges them onto whatever it's touching.. ugh. If you travel with it definitely put it in a zip-lock bag.
I love this, I'll always keep a bottle of it around, it makes me think of high school and being crazy and stupid and it's a flirty little perfume, I'm probably too old for such a sugary scent but I can't bring myself to not buy it!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I received this as a birthday present from a friend. It's in a roller-ball case.

It's super girly, very teen-y scent, which is totally fine by me. It simply smells delicious, who wouldn't like that? I always get compliments on it, from male and females both.
A small problem with this perfume is that it starts to smell like burning sugar and becomes almost sickly sweet when it reaches a high temperature, so I don't recommend dressing too warmly when wearing this. It could possibly get nauseating.
But in moderate amounts, it's absolutely yummy, flirty, and makes me feel like a funner person when I wear it (as opposed to feeling mature and seductive when wearing YSL Opium, ooh la la)

Love it! Putting this on is actually my favorite part of getting prepped up to go out!

on 3/24/2013 12:28:00 AM

LOVE this scent! Its my go-to fragrance everyday! Love that its sweet and can smell all the notes in it. Im always getting compliments on how good i smell, and they want to know what it's called =)
If you love fruity,sweet fragrances, then this is the perfect scent for you.

on 2/9/2013 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was very disappointed with this fragrance. I've read so many great reviews on it, however I thought it smelled very odd. I was expecting this sophisticated cotton candy smell and it is nothing like that! More of a old licorice and burnt vanilla smell. On top of that, it's rather expensive! Before buying this product, I definitely recommend testing it at a store first.

So sweet and nice!! Girly girl scent a bit of vanilla as well, kind of strong though...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Embarrassingly, Pink Sugar is the fragrance that took me a little bit of time to "get". After my not so stellar first impression, I sampled this again, and it really grew on me. The key is to not over-apply and not judge it based on the initial burnt quality (which I presume is due to the licorice note). This is now one of my favorites and one of the few fragrances that I crave! I suppose it's not unlike cotton candy itself - you know it's unhealthy, super sweet, and overindulgent, but its delicious, nostalgic aroma beckons you from several feet away and you simply can't resist. You must have a large, warm, freshly spun, fluffy, pink cloud of cotton candy for yourself. I think what hooked me is the radiance given off by this fragrance - the scent bubble is intoxicating, and in my opinion, smells even better than the way the fragrance smells directly on your skin. The cotton candy, vanilla, and caramel predominate, but surprisingly, I can detect every single note in the description, maybe with the exception of the Lily of the Valley.

This is actually quite a remarkable fragrance and more complex than people give it credit for. It manages to evoke the smell of cotton candy, as well as its temperature, taste, texture, and even color. This might sound melodramatic and lovers of the classic Chanels and Guerlains will scoff, but this fragrance is truly a sensory masterpiece. The projection is outstanding, especially for an EDT (so go easy), and I love that I can still smell it on myself the next day.

On a side note, I find it bothersome that many people (myself included) become irritated by the description, "smells like old lady," but some of those same people would likely have no problem calling this fragrance, "teenage", "for little girls", "immature", or "not to be taken seriously." Ageism is ageism, folks. We all like the fragrances we like. Age shouldn't factor into it.

on 8/17/2012 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Whew, if you want sweet perfume, I don't think you can do better than this one. Sampled this in store, and the description of cotton candy burning slowly on a stove is spot on. There was nothing complex about this scent at all. Completely doesn't do anything with my chemistry, and is all around overbearing. At least I can finally say I tried it.

Eyes: Violet

Oh Gosh how I love the packaging and cute baby pink swirly bottle. So girly and cute that I had to try. I didn't like the way it smelled from the bottle but decided to give it a try to see if it might be compatible with my body chemistry. Smelled like burned cotton candy from the bottle and then on my skin after 2 hours, it smelled like even more burned cotton candy mixed with some chemical. I think it's best for those who love sugary foods to the excess or diabetic individuals that have intense cravings for sweets due to low blood insulin level. It just didn't work out for me. It doesn't smell like a healthy person to me. Too bad cause I loved the perfume bottle.

Popular Fragrances