Aquolina Pink Sugar

Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.7

on 12/29/2014 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

So I had gotten this for Christmas as I had seen that my friend had worn this perfume a lot, so I was more than willing to buy it for myself because it smelled good on her. It does smell sweet and sugary and it does have that cotton candy-Esque scent to it if you really enjoy that type of smell. Personally, I think the name Pink Sugar is an appropriate name because when you do smell it, that certainly is the Colour that you're thinking of.
Anyway, when I put it on on Christmas Day, I was wrapped in the sweet, sparkling scent of this product. I was also afraid that it wouldn't work with my body's chemistry as I didn't try it on before and had only ever smelled it on my friend once. My mom even said that it smelled really good and sweet so I assumed it was alright.
About a few hours later as we were having Christmas dinner, I noticed that it began to lose its scent on my skin. Now, here's the part that I get confused about: How do you know if a perfume is working well for you? If it loses its scent on your skin, does that mean it's reacted well with your chemistry but you just cannot smell it? Or if you still can smell it whether it smells slightly off or not?
See, I'm new to perfumes and I think that they truly are wonderful and it's amazing how everyone can have different tastes in scents for certain occasions. However, I'm not stupid when it comes to them, as well. I know for a fact that certain chemicals react to people a certain way but I don't think trying on a scent in a department store full of other perfumes is exactly wise, either. The scents will mix.
Anyway, my point is that after eating our mega ultra Canadian Christmas dinner, the scent was gone but at the same time it left a burned sugar smell. My mother said I still smelled fine. I think it's just personal preference. And really, everyone smells themselves before others smell them. Because we all have unique scents and chemical makeups. So if I think I smell different because the scent doesn't exactly smell the same as when I first applied it, doesn't mean others will catch on. Someone should invent a perfume primer or something.
Overall, cute ribbon packaging and wonderful scent. Truly feminine, sweet, sugary, and pink. 3/5 lippies were given due to the fact that the price is very high but I'm glad I can get it at Walmart for $30 CDN, but still, even that's a bit much.
Would recommend it for younger girls, or if you're really into fun, sweet scents!

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This honestly smells like a candy store. On Black Friday Sephora had the 1.7oz for $10 I don't know why I didn't buy it then now I have to pay $60 for the 3.4oz the 1.7oz regularly is $45. It seems expensive but it's worth every penny. I sprayed it once on my shirt and 4days later I can still smell it. I have the shirt in a drawer unwashed instill I can but the bottle. The smell is HEAVEN! I can't stop thinking about the scent

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Love this! Got samples of it and contemplating on buying the full size! It's really girly and I get compliments when I wear it! One of my guy friends even tried it himself! LOL

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Absolutely amazing! I've never received more compliments about a fragrance ever. The only thing I don't like is the price, but that's probably because $30 is a lot for a high schooler :-P Definitely worth it though. The best compliment I got was "You smell like... Sophisticated cotton-candy," which totally made my day. Seriously, if you like soft, sweet perfumes, buy this. Right now. Are you buying it yet? Because you should be.

on 2/15/2012 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Notes; Bergamot, Sicilian Orange, Raspberry, Fig Leaves, Lily of the Valley, Licorice, Strawberry, Red Fruit, Cotton Candy, Vanilla, Caramel, Musk, Wood, Powder.

This fragrance reminds me of a carnival.Not a playful happy carnivalwhere cotton candy is passed around and kids are smiling with rosy cheeks.The carnival that is humid,bustling and parents and kids are pushing people to get out of the way to get to the rides.The one were you will nearly get trampled on to get on the dodgems,and the one that gives you a headache and you can't wait to get out!

For my first impression a quite spritz of this is not only me regretting spraying it,but also (artificial) strawberry,cotton candy and ice cream sundae sauce.It is an overload of sugar and it quickly changes to homebaked cookies (so beautiful, but doesn't last long.) and then lemon sugar cookies.The lemon sugar cookies turn out to have no lemon at all,and more 80% caramel and 20% sugar.So basically a thick paste of caramel and sugar spilling out for start to finish.For me its too sweet for anything like if you go to school,or if you got to work.Its too distracting on me,and a little too sickly sweet.Its just very kiddish on my skin and quite like a caramel-sugarry body splash.

Having said that,most people love it including teens,kids and adults.I have smelt it on others and it smells way nicer! It depends on the acidicy of your skin.The bottle is just beautiful too,and I really thought it would be over the top bottle but It's actually not and I really like the bottle.It reminds me of somebody ribbon dancing because theres like a ribbon picture of the top.(I bet its made out of sugar.)

You should defiently smell this if you are even interested slightly.Or even if you're not because you can see here its a mixed bag of reviews and it just depends on yourself.

Thanks for reading (:

on 2/1/2012 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I went to sephora the other day and decided to try this on just because so many people have such a strong reaction to it. But I'm left contemplating it. I feel as though it smells different on me then most people because on me cotton candy isn't even the main note. Don't get me wrong, the sticky cotton candy scent was there but on me the main note that seemed to smell more like sandalwood. Soooo...

Pros:
It smells good, warm, and not to fruity.
It lasts like insanity
Comes in many different forms so you can pick your favorite size/application.
Its not horribly expensive.
Even though its a common perfume, my body chemistry makes it somewhat unique.

Cons:
Very common perfume, lots of other girls wear it.
The spray kind is hard to control, applies too much for my taste.
VERY strong, to the point where wearing it all day gave me a headache.

All and all I do like it. I think I might get in the rollerball version from sephora because its pretty inexpensive and I feel like I could apply it more sparingly that way. I'm pretty sure it was the amount, not the perfume itself that gave me a headache.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I started hearing the hype about this perfume three years ago and wanted to own it so badly! I'd never smelled it before and thought it was just going to be the most amazing and glorious scent ever since I'm a HUGE fan of sweet scents. One day I finally got to Sephora and made a beeline straight for the perfume and took a giant whiff and it totally...didn't smell like I thought it would. Sure it was sweet and vanilla-y, but I thought it would be a miracle perfume. So I ended up not buying the perfume and went home feeling fooled. Last year, my mom was ordering a perfume and the one I was using was just running out so I thought I'd snag a small bottle too. I don't pay much attention to fragrances so I wasn't sure what I wanted and ended up ordering Pink Sugar. I always get compliments about smelling like candy, so I love that aspect of it. The staying power is great. And the bottle is going to last me forever.

Honestly, this scent could be found in like Bath & Body Works or VS or something, the only difference is the staying power.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So I thought I'd order Pink Sugar after reading the positive reviews on here and I also love the scent of vanilla. But to my surprise, this smelt absolutely disgusting on me. For lack of a better description, it smells like cheap Walmart body mist. I won't be repurchasing.

on 1/26/2011 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this stuff!! The scent is to die for. I am the type of person who gets headaches from ANY body spray/perfume remotely sweet smelling- with the exception of this perfume! It's not overpowering or nauseating, like some scents I have experienced are. As for price, I think it is a steal, especially for what some perfumes are on the market for these days. And the packaging, I love it, but the ribbon design is starting to wear off! That doesn't really annoy me, however, because the scent is worthy of the Queen of England!!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I like the smell of it in small, lightly scented "walking by" whiffs.
If that makes sense. (Basically if somebody walks buy with just one spray of it on it smells lovely)

But for those perfume junkies who spray LOADS of it at once, and they just basically sit in the car or in a room or something.

It's just WAY too strong of a scent for me and kinda hurts my nose.

Good in small intervals, too strong if you use more than two sprays.

Popular Fragrances