Aquolina Pink Sugar

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.9

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this ! it last all day and gives off an incredible smell, it is not too over powering. I've been repurchasing this for years It smells absolutely amazing, my boyfriend loves it too which is always a plus😉

on 8/25/2016 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Initially this does come off a little harsh. You get this overwhelming, in-your-face scent of burnt sugar and citrus. However once it starts to dry down it becomes absolutely gorgeous. I get whiffs of it while wearing it and sometimes it smells like cotton candy, sometimes it smells like strawberry candy and sometimes it smells like baked goods. Also it stays on clothes and makes them smell lovely.
It's not a sophisticated scent of course, but it is extremely pleasant, even decadent.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

So, remember when you were a little kid and you could never get enough sugar, and candy was the best thing of all time ever? And then remember that time some grown-up--maybe a grandparent or a great-aunt or something--offered you a piece of candy and you got all excited...only then to discover that the "candy" in question was actually a plug of some gross rooty old black licorice? Remember how utterly devastating and upsetting that was?

...Yeah. This has got to be the cruellest bait-and-switch in all perfumery.

When you first take a sniff of it in the bottle or the vial, it presents itself as a sweet little riff on ethyl maltol, the "cotton candy" (or "candyfloss" for you Brits out there) aromachemical. It smells great: like spun sugar and carmelized sugar and various vanillaish things and maybe just a bit of red berry. It's a smell that goes straight to whatever part of the limbic system it is that houses your proverbial inner child, and that seems perfectly designed to get that inner child all excited, like a little kid just entering the fairgrounds. Cotton candy! Cotton candy and CARAMEL! Candycandycandycandycandy!!! Yaaaaaay!

Then you make the mistake of spraying it or dabbing some on, and all of a sudden this enormous black licorice and melted plastic hybrid--this unspeakable BEAST--rears up out of nowhere, roaring and rampaging and trampling you underfoot until you're left rocking back and forth, wailing in horror like Nancy Kerrigan after she took one to the knee. "Why? Why??? WHY???!!??"

Seriously, what did they DO to that poor ethyl maltol to make it smell like that? And what could the poor ethyl maltol possibly have done to deserve such treatment?

On the plus side, at least now I know what that black licorice fragrance I've been smelling everywhere for the past couple of years is. It never even occurred to me that it might be Pink Sugar. I'd been assuming that it was, I dunno, Lolita Lempicka or something -- you know, something that is *known* for its licorice note -- because seriously, who would guess that a fragrance called "Pink Sugar" and marketed with all of that pink fluffy cotton candy imagery would actually turn out to smell like a plug of some thick rooty old black licorice? Not I, that's for sure. Crazy old world, innit?

Crazy old world...and a *very* cruel perfume.

on 8/20/2015 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was a blind buy for me and I'm soooo glad I did! The cotton candy & caramel scent is sexy and draws people into you. I get so many compliments on this one. 15 years married, 4 kids and I can't keep my husband away when I wear it. LOVE this sweet sexy sensual scent!

on 12/29/2014 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

So I had gotten this for Christmas as I had seen that my friend had worn this perfume a lot, so I was more than willing to buy it for myself because it smelled good on her. It does smell sweet and sugary and it does have that cotton candy-Esque scent to it if you really enjoy that type of smell. Personally, I think the name Pink Sugar is an appropriate name because when you do smell it, that certainly is the Colour that you're thinking of.
Anyway, when I put it on on Christmas Day, I was wrapped in the sweet, sparkling scent of this product. I was also afraid that it wouldn't work with my body's chemistry as I didn't try it on before and had only ever smelled it on my friend once. My mom even said that it smelled really good and sweet so I assumed it was alright.
About a few hours later as we were having Christmas dinner, I noticed that it began to lose its scent on my skin. Now, here's the part that I get confused about: How do you know if a perfume is working well for you? If it loses its scent on your skin, does that mean it's reacted well with your chemistry but you just cannot smell it? Or if you still can smell it whether it smells slightly off or not?
See, I'm new to perfumes and I think that they truly are wonderful and it's amazing how everyone can have different tastes in scents for certain occasions. However, I'm not stupid when it comes to them, as well. I know for a fact that certain chemicals react to people a certain way but I don't think trying on a scent in a department store full of other perfumes is exactly wise, either. The scents will mix.
Anyway, my point is that after eating our mega ultra Canadian Christmas dinner, the scent was gone but at the same time it left a burned sugar smell. My mother said I still smelled fine. I think it's just personal preference. And really, everyone smells themselves before others smell them. Because we all have unique scents and chemical makeups. So if I think I smell different because the scent doesn't exactly smell the same as when I first applied it, doesn't mean others will catch on. Someone should invent a perfume primer or something.
Overall, cute ribbon packaging and wonderful scent. Truly feminine, sweet, sugary, and pink. 3/5 lippies were given due to the fact that the price is very high but I'm glad I can get it at Walmart for $30 CDN, but still, even that's a bit much.
Would recommend it for younger girls, or if you're really into fun, sweet scents!

on 12/22/2014 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the second bottle I purchase, the reason why I love this so much is because I get so many compliments all the time! Once i was at a bookstore and as I was leaving a guy started chasing me just to ask me what I was wearing, i find this to be the cheaper version of Angel by Thierry Mugler.

on 12/11/2014 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I have been seeing this perfume around for a long time; I remember my first time seeing the bottle at Sephora when the new Sephora opened up here at Square One Mall. I only recently bought the 1.7floz bottle at Shopper's Drugmart for $19.00. I'm glad I found it for cheap as I don't think I would have spent the $40.00 or so on it at Sephora.

I have super mixed reviews on this product (I'm a Gemini, I'm always torn two-ways):

First of all, my CONS:
- Liquorice undertone is super heavy on me when I first spray it; dry-down takes about 1 hour for me (my chemistry always makes musk stand out).
- Not a complex, refined scent like I am used to (feels "cheap").
- Too pricey if not bought at discount.

Secondly, my PROS:
- Total guilty-pleasure. I am a sucker for sweet gourmand scents and this totally hits the spot.
- Dry-down smells amazing after first hour of burnt sugar/liquorice, and the sillage/staying power is excellent.

I can honestly say I love this perfume. It's a guilty pleasure for me as I love to smell edible ;-). I would never have bought it if it wasn't on sale though, I think regular price is much too expensive for this unidimensional perfume (my absolutely favourite perfume is "The One" by Dolce and Gabbanna, which is a complex/refined not-too-sweet scent).

on 6/12/2014 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I found this perfume when I met a Stripper! Or dancer, as prefers to be called. She smelled dilicious and kindly gifted me with a small sample- which I expected never to wear, because it had such a sweet smell.
I was wrong.
I don't know if it's the scent itself, or the way it works on me, but EVERYONE loves this perfume! I've never had so many compliments in a fragrance- men, woman, kids, little old ladies, everyone is constantly telling me how good I smell.
I think it's because it smells like cookies.
But whatever, bring in the compliments!

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This honestly smells like a candy store. On Black Friday Sephora had the 1.7oz for $10 I don't know why I didn't buy it then now I have to pay $60 for the 3.4oz the 1.7oz regularly is $45. It seems expensive but it's worth every penny. I sprayed it once on my shirt and 4days later I can still smell it. I have the shirt in a drawer unwashed instill I can but the bottle. The smell is HEAVEN! I can't stop thinking about the scent

on 9/25/2013 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

LOVE this perfume! I'm a huge fan of vanilla and this perfume just smells so delicious and sweet. People always compliment me when I wear it, saying I smell like 'freshly baked cookies' or 'lollies' :) highly recommended! It also lasts really well throughout the day.

Popular Fragrances