Aquolina Pink Sugar

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

My favourite perfume in the world!! I always receive so many compliments on my smell, and this is why. I have been wearing this perfume since I remember. It is the perfect scent! So sweet and not over powering. Perfect for everyday! Also super affordable, love this <3

When I first bought Pink Sugar I didn't think I would end up loving it as much as I do now. It's not too expensive yet I get the most complimented on this scent in comparison to my more expensive perfumes (Chanel, YSL, Viktor & Rolf). I always get stopped by people asking what I'm wearing or to compliment me! People of all ages, both female and male always always always tell me I smell pretty when I'm wearing this. I'm almost done with my bottle and I only bought it around the end of February this year!

on 3/8/2016 9:00:00 AM

Every few years something talks me into trying this again. I've been hearing people rave about this since high school (im 31).

Most recently I have been hearing people call this the "cheap version of prada candy". I love prada candy! I saw kathleenlights rave about this and finally I caved, like hmm. Maybe this go 'round I'll see the magic.

I remember clearly that this perfume is strong-- so strong! I saw they have a "hair perfume" out now, so i figured I would test that out thinking it would be softer.

First off the packaging sucked bc every time I sprayed it the nozzle would leak-- leaving sugar/vanilla scented perfume oil all over. Maybe it was just that mine was defective.

Anyway-- to explain pink sugar.

It starts off with a blast of sugar. Almost a burnt sugar. Not terrible and as to be expected given the name--

Then on me the heart note is licorice. LICORICE--- it's screaming and pulling at my eye sockets. Licorice and lots of it!!

Ok ok. It calms down--- where we at now? Sugar is back. Ok. Vanilla. Hmm... I can live with this. Vanilla is ok.

An hour goes by-- you're being beat over the head with a warm burnt sugary vanilla. Two hours... 4 hours...

Do I get any musk? No. Florals? No...

Is there *anything* to cut down that cloying sugary vanilla confection. Nope. Not at all. It is with you-- just as strong until you eventually wash it off.

If you love sugary and sweet scents I can see someone loving this. I find this nauseating and headache inducing. It somehow gets heavier as it wears...

I think I finally learned my lesson, and this will be my final go around with this one.

Oh. And it is nothing like prada candy!! Just bc two scents are gourmand and vanilla and have a cylindrical bottle do not mean they are the same.

Candy is powdery and musky and soft and just amazing!! Not the same!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This smells really sweet, like candy floss. I love it, but not for summer. It's a little too much for summer time, but I spray this on my hair at night so the scent will be lighter the next day. It smells really good on my pillows. Recommend it for use on colder days. Be careful not to spray too much though, if not the alcohol will be too overpowering.

on 3/19/2015 5:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Amazing omg. Smells like a gourmand orgy in a cylindrical bottle. MmmmmMmMMMmmMm gotten SO MANY COMPLIMENTS! More than any other perfume I own! So yummy

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Oh boy...the famous "Aquolina Pink Sugar" perfume!. where do i start...Okay, first the packaging is absolutely ADORABLE..i must say.. it comes in a cylinder like container with bright pink candy swirl around it. when you open it, it looks like something you would see in a candy box. Like chocolates or expensive sweets with the little crinkled plastic surrounding it. I adore it. It is like the people are saying" i Present to you, a Sweet Frosty treat for your body! Oh so feminine!
This perfume scent itself is rather complex to rate....as a person who loves the sweetest of all sweetest dessert type fragrances. I was excited to try this and ordered it a very long time ago, when spraying it at first, you get smacked in the face with not Alcohol(like many perfumes, which i hate, but that is a good thing) but just strait up plain POWDERED SUGAR. and nothing else...scent that rivals Bubblegum or CottonCandy....or both, whatever's your taste. That can be a good thing or a bad thing... it all depends on your taste in fragrances. if you want to smell like candy sugar and nothing else. It is PERFECT for you. Me however find it kinda...how shall i say it......idk slightly annoying?.......Here is my reason why..
The perfume is strong , which is a good thing for me..but... its just SWEET!! and thats about it! i know it has all these different notes in it..but honestly you cant smell hardly any of them! its just strong powdery sugar. I wanted more of a WARM really sweet scent, that smells like SOMETHING in particular. But when i smell this...i just cant help but to go..
"its sweet.....very sweet...very VERY sweet....GOOD LORD THIS IS SWEET...????????...okay????.....is that it???..." you get what i am trying to say? Its just SWEET and that's about it.. i compared it to bubblegum or cotton candy because both of those are made of complete sugar, just the way this product smells, The product truly lives up to its name "Pink Sugar" . and the smell never dies off....as a matter a fact, it can last a couple days. What i do like about the scent... is after it dies off..which deifies the logic in repurchasing. After about 20 hours of spraying it on myself.. the Crazy sugar rush train ends and a random WARM salted Caramel comes out, that i absolutley LOVE !!!. i cant help but to think "oh if only this bottle smelled like this permanently!" . but alas...it does not... and one more thing. you cannot combine it with another fragrance to try and change it...I.E " lotions, layering, ex...." it will just overpower it and just continue to smell like nothing but pure sugar..
So all in all... this is for someone who purely wants to smell sweet and nothing else. Not for the faint of heart.. i still have like 85%-90% of mine still left after about a year and a half hoping one day, i will have a change of heart and i will learn to love it ..but as of right now..its just to much..

A BAG OF HALLOWEEN CANDY!!!!

i just had to throw that last one in there real quick because, i just remembered that was one of the things i kept comparing the scent to... =P

It smells really good..but very sweet smelling and gave me a headache

on 11/7/2014 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this stuff. I love all things pink and glittery, and I feel that this perfume fits into that category. It is so intoxicatingly sweet that not everyone is going to love this perfume, but that's okay. Though I have yet to meet a man who does not love the smell of this stuff. Upon first spray I do not like the scent. On me it opens with a strong licorice scent. After twenty minutes or so that subsides and develops into a heavenly burnt sugar that is warm and comforting. I find it is quite long-lasting. By the end of the day it has definitely faded, but its always still there lingering on my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product is every sugar lover's dream. This smells so sweet and nice and I always hear people say "what smells so good?". Really enjoy it but some might find the smell to be too strong if you are sensitive nose.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This reminded me of Bath and Body Works seasonal fragrance Vanilla Bean Noel. If you're not a fan of that, you may want to skip this one. It's a very sweet vanilla/cotton candy scent. I find it to be quite long lasting and I only give a couple quick sprays. Throughout the day it fades to a very pleasant vanilla musk. Similar to incense. It's more expensive than Vanilla Bean Noel (I paid around $20 at TJ Maxx) but you don't need to wait until they release it around Xmas.

Popular Fragrances