Aquolina Pink Sugar

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.7

on 2/9/2014 5:33:00 PM

This is the cologne you would wear if you lived in Candyland. It smells exactly like cotton candy, caramel, peanuts, and candied apples. I went to an ice cream store the other day called Brewsters and as i was standing in line i couldnt tell if the scent i was smelling was this cologne or the caramel and ice cream coming from the store!!!!! I am a guy so when people ask what i am wearing i would never say i'm wearing "pink sugar". I say its a new guys scent called Candyman. LOL!!!!

My five year old daughter owns a bottle of Pink Sugar, which she is allowed to apply herself on special family occasions. Everyone who hugs her remarks on her wonderful scent - she loves it! Her grandfather calls her Pink Sugar Princess. Sometimes she and I will both wear it if we are going on a small adventure together.
The fragrance is very accessible, generally non-offensive, just sweet and bright and lovely, and I think it is appropriate for any girl or adult woman who enjoys such fragrances. Not everyone wants/needs to smell of mysterious incense or dark amber all the time. Sometimes pretty, playful and fun is just the ticket, and Pink Sugar delivers.

Horray for cotton candy!!

Reminds me of being a kid at a carnival. I feel so playful when I wear this scent. So original. Why didn't anyone think of this sooner? It's an everyday "pick-me-upper". It's great that it's not another overwhelming girly floral scent, like all the other perfumes. It's perfect, my favorite scent!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

I find it really amusing that most of the girls here that DON'T like this perfume are the younger 19-24 yr olds, who crave a much more "mature" perfume lol. I actually think it's really lovely and love the cotton candy smell esp for the summer. It may also be bcs I'm not as young as them and as we get older the more we crave for our youth and all things youthful. I'd love to see what they will all say 4-10 yrs from now when they wish they could go back to being 25. lolol.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Smells like sugar, just like the name. it is clean in a warm way and it makes me feel good (isn't that what fragrance is all about anyway?). Never in a million years would I have thought I would want to smell like sugar but I absolutely love this fragrance.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I can't make up my mind how I feel about this fragrance. I have tired it several times in the store. One day I will think it is sickeningly sweet and too sugary, the next time I test it will think it is sweet and sugary in a quirky, fun way.

Pink Sugar has been on my mind because I tested it again during my day out Holiday Shopping. Almost bought it last week.

I don't think fragrance has an age range. People might think this doesn't smell like a fragrance for a 40+ woman, but sometimes women want to have fun with a fragrance, not every frag has to be serious with complex notes.

Sometime in the last 2 years or so, this giddy liquid confection became my HG. And it did so on its own merits, against my will, because I own many more expensive fragrances & one-of-a-kind vintage fragrances & my intellect tells me I should like those more. Especially at age 47! But my god, I just LOOOOOOVE Pink Sugar. Wearing it makes me unreasonably happy; it garners tons of compliments; and my husband (who merely tolerates most perfumes) sighs blissfully when I have it on.

Pink Sugar (2003) was the first true take-no-prisoners GOURMAND! fragrance. [Angel, its predecessor, shares some of the same notes like cotton candy and caramel, but the real star of Angel's show is the massively dirty patchouli, and one could hardly call Angel a "sweet" fragrance overall.] I consider Pink Sugar superior to everything that came after it. It is a meticulously crafted fragrance, with some real complexity.

The initial spray can be a bit bracing, what with the brisk lemon, tart berries, and anise; soon after you are hit with a fizzy and ethereal spun-sugar effect; and the entire thing dries down to a stunningly woodsy dessert course of caramelized vanilla. It has brilliant sillage and longevity, wearing much more like an EDP than an EDT. While the entire thing sounds almost like diabetic overload on paper, it just works on the skin and makes you smell fresh, soft, and edible all at once. You are irresistible to anyone within 12 inches! SO FREAKIN' GREAT. I wear it to work. I just don't care.

If you don't like sweet fragrances, you won't like this. On the other hand, if any sweet fragrance were to win you over, Pink Sugar would be the one. And don't worry about the cheap price-- this is quality stuff. I've noticed the newer bottles of Pink Sugar, like the ones sold online and in discount stores, don't have the Aquolina brand name on the package. However, this is because Aquolina turned over production to its parent company (I think it's called Selectiva of Italy). I just bought a bottle at Burlington days ago, and it is every bit as potent and perfect as the bottles I got from Sephora in years past. Note that the normal color of the juice is a light yellow, not clear as in the misleading photo on this page. It has a very high concentration of vanilla, which causes the yellow hue. The fragrance has only gone "off" if it turns dark amber or brown.

on 1/11/2017 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

LOVE this fragrance!!! I can wear this everyday and every time I wear it I get compliments. Absolutely <3 pink sugar!! It's also a great layering fragrance : )

on 9/6/2014 5:06:00 PM

Yes m'am, this stuff is very simply sweet, sweet, sweet. I love it. No, it does not evoke deep, dark, haunting memories, nor sophistication, but does every perfume have to ? I am not sure if it is exactly suitable for work, but definitely for romance if your guy is into sweet scents. The price is great and I think almost all gourmand lovers will want this in their wardrobe. I just hope it doesn't get discontinued, however there are so many good fakes out there that I am not too worried.

on 4/13/2012 2:50:00 PM

I love this sorry I know it is said that it is too young too plasticky, too tacky to common, too horrible, BUT I just love it!!!! it smells like a delicious cupcake like the ones you cant eat too often, and the idea of spraying delicious cupcake all over me really catches me!!! (as weird as that may sound)............. I can smell it but dont get the calories
I like smelling like a bakery!! I just dont get tired of bathing myself in sweet goodness
I dont care if everyone elses smells like me
I can really leave everything negative aside for I really love this scent too much to bother...... I guess it is my not so guilty kind of guilty pleasure!!! yumm yumm

Popular Fragrances