Aquolina Pink Sugar

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.4

Go figure!

I like this stuff afterall.

I received a free sample of this upon having spent an obscene amount of money on cosmetics one afternoon last year (what else is new, my only saving grace is that the bags are always so SMALL that my other half never even questions what I bought. I mean, a small teeny-tiny bag like that can't cost much, right? Heh. Just don't tell on me!) and upon getting home, I opened the little vial and just about HEAVED on the spot! Holy-freaking-candy-shop-Batman! SUGAR?! SUGAR?! I needed an insultin injection just from a .5 second SNIFF of this stuff, never mind actually WEARING IT! GAH! Couldn't imagine it.

For some unknown reason, I recently opened up this little sample vial again (I thought I'd thrown it away, don't know what got into me actually) and for some even STRANGER reason, decided to dab this on behind my ears. Now, for the first 10 minutes I had to do deep-breathing exercises to convince myself that I wasn't about to slip into a sugar-induced coma, but for some utterly inexplicable reason, something stopped me from washing the stuff off my body. (Thinking about this further, I wonder if there isn't some sort of addictant additive in this 'perfume'.... hmmmmmmmm)

Lo and behold, after an hour or more of wearing this stuff, I actually began to (gulp) LIKE it. I thought I might be crazy, so I walked downstairs to the garage where my husband was doing something unthinkably manly, like, sorting bolts... and asked, "Honey, what do you think of this?" as I proffered my neck for him to smell. Heh. Do you know what he did? Do you?? He growled. YES. He, GRRRRRRRROWLED at me. As in, "Oh BABY you are one fine hot woman" GROWL. ?!?!

Seriously? Smelling like Princess Gumdrop of Sugar Town makes me GGRRRRRowl worthy?

Well... in case you can't tell where this is already going. After letting this stuff settle on my middle-aged skin, after fighting off our next door neighbour with a fly swatter because he inSISted that he needed to smell me again... I've discovered that this stuff smells pretty heavenly.

Now, I have to use just the teensy-tiny-iddy-biddy-liddle-bit of this stuff. And I have to let it BREATHE on me for a while (so don't spritz and run out the door without handing a Medic Alert bracelet to everyone you might encounter for the next half hour) but wow... it mellows into this deeply sexy, sweet musky groove that makes me feel just.... errrm.... shall we say GRRRRRREAT!

(Tony the Tiger did not in any away endorse or support the contents of this review. The end.)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Aquolina's Pink Sugar is a pleasant, fun favorite of mine. I'm not a floral person, I love my vanilla scents and will also gravitate towards anything that drys down to my favorite vanilla. Pink Sugar does that for me in a musky way.
Top notes are bergamot, Sicilian orange, green nuance of fig leaves, middle notes are lily of the valley, liquorice blossom, and red fruits, and it drys down to vanilla, caramel, woodsy and musky notes. As with any fragrance, let its aroma waft through the air and don't let it's initial scent sway you. Wait a good 20 minutes before you decide how it interacts with your own body's chemicals. There are three phases to a fragrance. Delight in all of them. And if you enjoy them all? The fragrance is for you.
I spray Pink Sugar and it reminds me of going into a candle shop and finding just the right vanilla candle. Of opening the candle jar, smelling it and saying that's just the right one. It's not obnoxious to me or cloyingly sweet. It's light enough to wear year round. It transcends age. It's not a young girl's fragrance or a grandma's fragrance, either. If it suits you, it simply does.
After about 30 minutes I do smell the scent of licorice lightly on myself. But it's mixed with a very light muskiness of butter cream caramel vanilla. It has a good lasting power of 12 hours or more, and that's with one spray. I've used the Eau de Toilette and the Parfum.
Frankly, I think the name turns some people off because it sounds young and frivolous so they think it's not sophisticated enough to wear. I'm a firm believer in wearing what makes you feel good, smell good, feel cozy, feel sexy, or whatever you want your mood to be. It shouldn't matter what the price is, or who makes it. After all, are you wearing the label of the parfum on your neck? Or are you wearing a parfum simply to make yourself feel good and lift your spirits?

on 12/11/2012 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Fun and a little naughty to wear but MOST definitely something you want to sample before buying, because the licorice and intense sweetness will turn a lot of people off.
Notes: Bergamot, Sicilian orange, fig leaves, lily, liquorice blossom, red fruits, vanilla, caramel, woodsy and musky notes.
Pink Sugar opens like a plump pillowy piece of sugary-sweet toasted marshmallow with all the brown and caramelized bits thrown in (courtesy of the dark tarriness of liquorice). Then it slowly softens into a cotton candy and bakery scent, with faint traces of fruit flavoring. In the far drydown, I detect a light powdered-sugar musk on my skin.

Surprisingly good lasting power and great projection/sillage for an EDT. This outlasted other sweet scents like Fantasy, Can Can, and Comptoir Sud Pacifique vanillas.
Id resist the urge to spray on too much because it seems some peoples noses get used to it and they don't notice how strong it can be to others.
P.S. Labeling a scent and its lovers "juvenile" or "old-lady" based on its smell is culturally-subjective and more than a bit close-minded, not to mention nonconstructive for the people trying to decide if they should try a product. It's either your taste or not.
Alternatives:
Body Fantasies Cotton Candy Fantasy - brighter, stronger strawberry
Gale Hayman Delicious Cotton Candy - a little strong on the bergamot/citrus. Resembles a more plasticky Eau de Shalimar.
L de Lolita Lempicka - emphasizes the orange, sugary-vanilla and slight spice tones of Pink Sugar; no cotton candy or burnt notes.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

The official scent of the seventh grade.

on 9/30/2016 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Omg this stuff is so strong. I am not a person who believes in one spray is enough with perfumes. But one spray is enough with this one. Too much has given me a headache and nausea, it's unreal how strong it is. Will definitely offend people so please don't over-do it. Also don't spray near you face it will be all you smell and it will get really annoying. Smells like cotton candy and sugar, very very girly and young. When it's been on a while it kind of smells like marshmellows which is my fav part. Very cozy and a cool weather perfume. Also you get a lot of liquid for the price.

on 11/22/2013 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm one of the people that hates this scent as well. It's way too sweet and strong. Instead of compliments, I get comments. Not, "Oh, you smell nice", or "What are you wearing?", but "Oh, wow, somebody smells sweet", or, "Man, somebody's wearing vanilla today". It's embarrassing. I've worn some strong scents in the past, and this is the only one that makes people passive aggressively comment. I've tried lightly wearing it, but it still just overpowers my body.

Sweet baby yummy dessert in a bottle! There are so many reviews here that mine won't make a difference, but I couldn't resist talking about Pink Sugar.

I'll start off by saying: I should hate this perfume. There are so many things wrong with it; too sweet, too young, too vanilla, too caramel, too cotton candy, too cloying...but I don't know, I think that's why I'm in love with it. It's a gourmand's dream with a cherry on top. I'm not even a gourmand scent kind of person.

I bought this to try for spring/summer, but it doesn't work with my body chemistry for those seasons. However, I cannot WAIT until winter comes rolling back around so I can pull out my sweaters and wrap myself up in all this warm, sweet, delicious goodness.

Now, I'm not sure if I'd wear this to work at the office, it feels more like a weekend relaxing at home, or a going out with the family for breakfast kind of scent. I might try it and see how it goes, but again, it won't be until winter.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

OMG! I purchased this fragrance after reading the reviews on here. Yes! I did a blind buy! I live in Australia, and this fragrance isn't a popular one as it hasn't had a release here that I know of. So I went onto eBay, found an Australian seller with free postage, and wa-la! The perfume arrived! Well OMG!!! It is amazing! I don't get the burnt sugar or the licorice that people mention. OK that's.a lie, I get a teensy bit of licorice when I first spray it, and then it turns into this beautiful, sugary, vanilla scent. Not just vanilla, but a yummy delicious sugary caramel with hints of fairy floss, musk sticks and cotton candy. The first spray reminds me of Britney Spears Fantasy, all vanilla and sweet chemicals. But don't be discouraged. This smells COMPLETELY different from the initial spray. I work in customer service, and I have had 12 compliments so far. One as far to say that I smelled so yummy he could eat me! My workmates keep telling me I smell great, and I must admit, I love it! I work in a deli with ham and fish and chicken, and love that after cleaning the fish and chicken departments out, that I still smell amazing. This stuff has lasting power! I adore this perfume! I give it a 10/10. If you don't like attention and compliments, don't wear it:-)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product, instantly thinking that I will get a lot of compliments since my sister once owned it and she loved it and she received tons of compliments. That's not my case. I actually got in trouble for wearing this. In the bottle, it may seem that it smells sweet and lovely and sugary, but once you put it on and keep it on, the smell faints and begins smelling like alcohol. I got in trouble for wearing this at my school since my teacher thought I was drunk since she smelled alcohol on me. It doesn't really smell like what it is in the bottle after a while, so just save your money and buy something else.

on 8/27/2010 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a good everyday scent if your into sweet fragrances. When i first smelled it, i kinda hated it. It has grown on me since then and i always like to have a small bottle to carry around in my purse. I never really wear pink sugar by herself.....i mix with something else most of the time. I also tend to spray this when i go into stinky public restrooms. Not the most "unique" scent, but it works, and i like it. It's an ubber girltastik scent :) , that i believe can be pulled off by any lady at any age...I mean..why do people assume that just because a gal is older she shouldn't smell or want to smell nice and sweet? What the hell...are we all doomed to smell like moth balls or something?

Popular Fragrances