Aquolina Pink Sugar

Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.7

on 12/29/2014 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

So I had gotten this for Christmas as I had seen that my friend had worn this perfume a lot, so I was more than willing to buy it for myself because it smelled good on her. It does smell sweet and sugary and it does have that cotton candy-Esque scent to it if you really enjoy that type of smell. Personally, I think the name Pink Sugar is an appropriate name because when you do smell it, that certainly is the Colour that you're thinking of.
Anyway, when I put it on on Christmas Day, I was wrapped in the sweet, sparkling scent of this product. I was also afraid that it wouldn't work with my body's chemistry as I didn't try it on before and had only ever smelled it on my friend once. My mom even said that it smelled really good and sweet so I assumed it was alright.
About a few hours later as we were having Christmas dinner, I noticed that it began to lose its scent on my skin. Now, here's the part that I get confused about: How do you know if a perfume is working well for you? If it loses its scent on your skin, does that mean it's reacted well with your chemistry but you just cannot smell it? Or if you still can smell it whether it smells slightly off or not?
See, I'm new to perfumes and I think that they truly are wonderful and it's amazing how everyone can have different tastes in scents for certain occasions. However, I'm not stupid when it comes to them, as well. I know for a fact that certain chemicals react to people a certain way but I don't think trying on a scent in a department store full of other perfumes is exactly wise, either. The scents will mix.
Anyway, my point is that after eating our mega ultra Canadian Christmas dinner, the scent was gone but at the same time it left a burned sugar smell. My mother said I still smelled fine. I think it's just personal preference. And really, everyone smells themselves before others smell them. Because we all have unique scents and chemical makeups. So if I think I smell different because the scent doesn't exactly smell the same as when I first applied it, doesn't mean others will catch on. Someone should invent a perfume primer or something.
Overall, cute ribbon packaging and wonderful scent. Truly feminine, sweet, sugary, and pink. 3/5 lippies were given due to the fact that the price is very high but I'm glad I can get it at Walmart for $30 CDN, but still, even that's a bit much.
Would recommend it for younger girls, or if you're really into fun, sweet scents!

on 12/7/2013 4:57:00 PM

it smells so delicious, it has a VERY sweet! Like what it's called.. it smells just like sugar mixed with vanilla swirls, although It does have somewhat of a musky scent.
Good for everyday perfume (especially for fall/winter) because it smells really warm :)

Bought this as a half gone 50 ml tester for very cheap so cannot complain it is too expensive. After hearing lots of rave reviews on youtube, I just had to get it! I am very pleased. Smells of youth, sweet and no sour. Can be a bit too sweet but I think throughout the day it just gets better and better and just a subtle sweetiness. Go buy it! Maybe not for use everyday but once every week or so it is bearing.. :) I gotta say though, the perfume is no eyecatcher in fact quite dreary. Would look better with a nice cap or at least a different shape.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Absolutely amazing! I've never received more compliments about a fragrance ever. The only thing I don't like is the price, but that's probably because $30 is a lot for a high schooler :-P Definitely worth it though. The best compliment I got was "You smell like... Sophisticated cotton-candy," which totally made my day. Seriously, if you like soft, sweet perfumes, buy this. Right now. Are you buying it yet? Because you should be.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I got this perfume yesterday and I'm in love with it. Very long lasting power and very girly too.

on 4/22/2012 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Loved it in the store, but at home to me it smelled almost spicy. I had a friend sniff it who normally wears Pink Sugar, and she said it smelled like it should: sweet and sugary.
Gave it to her. I guess it just didn't work with my body chemistry.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I live in Australia where this is a relatively unheard of fragrance. This is a smell which will reap you numerous compliments, ranging from both men and women. Men especially. It's a proven fact, read the numerous reviews before me. I believe it's one of those smells that everybody likes upon first 'sniff'. I wore this for the first time Wednesday. My friend, upon arrival, told me I smelt "beautiful, like cotton candy", the waitress at the restaurant told me I smelt "so good" and "so much better" than all the food she'd been around all day. Five hours after parting ways with the same friend, he told me he could still smell me and that he "loved it". On the way home, a woman on the bus asked me what I was wearing. I was overwhelmed with how many compliments I received on it in just one night, - I've never once received as much as a comment when wearing Chanel or Prada. For the price, staying power, and the appeal it seems to have with people, this will always be one of my favourite fragrances. Love it.

on 3/30/2012 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I tried to like this. I love caramel and vanilla notes, but this was just disgusting, pardon me. I like sweet fragrances, but this had enough sugar to burn a hole through your teeth. If you want a gourmand fragrance that has a more sophisticated edge and is not saccharin-sweet, go for Prada Candy. Shame, I liked the bottle.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So I thought I'd order Pink Sugar after reading the positive reviews on here and I also love the scent of vanilla. But to my surprise, this smelt absolutely disgusting on me. For lack of a better description, it smells like cheap Walmart body mist. I won't be repurchasing.

i love love love love this! the smell is so sweet and flirty. its fantastic!

Popular Fragrances