Aquolina Pink Sugar

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.6

This ia a sweet, cute pick me up perfume to wear on a day when your needing a little boost.
It starts off with a blast of sweetness but the dry down is lovely and warm. Caramel, musk.
One of the things that really bothers me here on MUA is when people try to say what is age appropriate. Don't we as women get put in enough boxes? Too fat, too short, too old, wrong skin color etc.
I say wear what YOU like. If you eighty and love Pink Sugar than by all means wear the hell out of it!
So I'm 31 and I like this scent, not HG for me at all but something to add to my collection and wear on a day I'm feeling exsp girlie.

on 2/9/2014 5:33:00 PM

This is the cologne you would wear if you lived in Candyland. It smells exactly like cotton candy, caramel, peanuts, and candied apples. I went to an ice cream store the other day called Brewsters and as i was standing in line i couldnt tell if the scent i was smelling was this cologne or the caramel and ice cream coming from the store!!!!! I am a guy so when people ask what i am wearing i would never say i'm wearing "pink sugar". I say its a new guys scent called Candyman. LOL!!!!

on 10/22/2013 12:44:00 AM

i hate this scent, it makes me sick....on my skin it smells like caramel and its just soooo sweet. like aunt jemima pancake syrup. I can't even wash the smell off. I have to wait a day for it to finally go away. It smells cheap and I get nauseous from it. I normally like candy scents.

on 5/6/2009 11:31:00 PM

I received this as a sample with my Sephora order. I was curious about this scent as I do like *some* scents with some sweetness in it. Unfortunately, this didn't work out for me. The sweetness is over the top and I couldn't stand to wear it. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone - it waaaay too sweet!

on 12/26/2008 8:41:00 PM

This is really one of the most unpleasant scents I have ever smelled. It has the sweetness of cotton candy but added to it is a very musky scent - which is extremely strong. Wearing this scent gave me a headache and I couldn't wait to shower it off. It will give headaches to those around you as well. It's not the cotton candy-ish scent that is sickening - it's that additional musky, heavy, aspect that just lingersssssss. It smells like it should be sold in the drugstore or in the dollar store - it smells so cheap. A huge nay for this - it retails for $40. for 1.7 oz.

This is not for everyone. I have tried this a few times, hoping to get what all the fuss is about. I just don't. I have to admit, I'm not very fond of sweet notes to begin with, but I am always willing to try. This goes on with an odd combination of play doh, synthetic sweet... chocolate?, and something vaguely citrus fruity. It dries even worse ... a headache inducing synthetic/chemical rotten grapefruit, and the play doh lingers. Forever. I can't seem to scrub it off. G'ah -- remind me not to try this again. Oh, and as much as I hate it, my husband finds it even less appealing -- so not all men like this.

You know what I've always wanted? I've always wanted to smell just exactly like one of those cheapo strawberry air fresheners that people hang in their cars on the rearview mirror. You know, the kind that's so overpowering that it drowns out the smell of dogs, cigarettes and fast food. The kind that's so overpowering that it singes the hair in your nostrils. The kind that's so overpowering, girls, that it makes your eyes water and your skin break out in hives. My prayers have been answered...by the potent magic of Aquolina Pink Sugar.

on 6/20/2006 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

A rose by any other name... and all that. If this were packaged/marketed differently this ridiculous age-debate wouldn't exist. When asked, my SO requested that I wear something "a little less challenging (at the time I was mostly wearing Hermes Rouge eau delicate and AG's Vanille Exquise) sometimes." Based on the MUA reviews I had read I figured PS would be the place to start. I was expecting something like the Parfums de Coeur Cotton Candy body spray with better staying power, but it's totally not that. It's a long-lasting, surprisingly complex, sweet, musky, non-pastry vanilla.

on 2/21/2006 8:13:00 PM

Oh, come on... what is it with reviewers saying you have to be a young girl or that this scent is a "young" scent. If something smells good and you get compliments on it, what does it matter your age? I am not old, but I'm not a teen either and I love this. I get many compliments and I love its staying power.......sweet, soft, subtle, and lingering. I don't wear it everyday, but I do love it, especially as a day scent.

I love this fragrance and I have been smelling my arm all afternoon. I finally tried this after hearing how sickly sweet it is, and yeah, I would say thats pretty dead on. Its VERY sweet, almost saccharine sweet. Its not sophisticated or classy,and its not demure. If you are looking for a mature elegant fragrance then keep looking lol. This is a fun, young smell that reminds me of 16 year old girls in a candy shop. The first spritz shows some slight licorice top notes that dry down to a vanilla-y, cotton candy caramel mixture with a slight bit of musk. I also smell some toasted almond and buttercream frosting, basically every sweet thing you could ever think of was poured into this. It lasted about 3 or 3.5 hours on me, which is ok considering the lower price, but i wish it did last a little bit longer.

Popular Fragrances