Aquolina Pink Sugar

Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.7

1926 reviews

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

A very sweet gourmand perfume with a slight burnt sugar note that I detect at times. Strong projection and lasts quite a while. For me it is more of a perfume that remind me of the sweet celebrity perfumes that are aimed towards younger girls. My daughter wears this for school and I can smell the perfume on her uniforms after they’ve been washed. Inexpensive and bottle is very cute.

on 9/14/2018 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I don' t think this smells "pink" or childish at all! It is very gourmand and sweet, but quite spicy and musky too, at least on my skin. Delicious, longlasting and projects well.

Sometime in the last 2 years or so, this giddy liquid confection became my HG. And it did so on its own merits, against my will, because I own many more expensive fragrances & one-of-a-kind vintage fragrances & my intellect tells me I should like those more. Especially at age 47! But my god, I just LOOOOOOVE Pink Sugar. Wearing it makes me unreasonably happy; it garners tons of compliments; and my husband (who merely tolerates most perfumes) sighs blissfully when I have it on.

Pink Sugar (2003) was the first true take-no-prisoners GOURMAND! fragrance. [Angel, its predecessor, shares some of the same notes like cotton candy and caramel, but the real star of Angel's show is the massively dirty patchouli, and one could hardly call Angel a "sweet" fragrance overall.] I consider Pink Sugar superior to everything that came after it. It is a meticulously crafted fragrance, with some real complexity.

The initial spray can be a bit bracing, what with the brisk lemon, tart berries, and anise; soon after you are hit with a fizzy and ethereal spun-sugar effect; and the entire thing dries down to a stunningly woodsy dessert course of caramelized vanilla. It has brilliant sillage and longevity, wearing much more like an EDP than an EDT. While the entire thing sounds almost like diabetic overload on paper, it just works on the skin and makes you smell fresh, soft, and edible all at once. You are irresistible to anyone within 12 inches! SO FREAKIN' GREAT. I wear it to work. I just don't care.

If you don't like sweet fragrances, you won't like this. On the other hand, if any sweet fragrance were to win you over, Pink Sugar would be the one. And don't worry about the cheap price-- this is quality stuff. I've noticed the newer bottles of Pink Sugar, like the ones sold online and in discount stores, don't have the Aquolina brand name on the package. However, this is because Aquolina turned over production to its parent company (I think it's called Selectiva of Italy). I just bought a bottle at Burlington days ago, and it is every bit as potent and perfect as the bottles I got from Sephora in years past. Note that the normal color of the juice is a light yellow, not clear as in the misleading photo on this page. It has a very high concentration of vanilla, which causes the yellow hue. The fragrance has only gone "off" if it turns dark amber or brown.

on 7/25/2018 3:57:00 AM

I think this perfume is suitable to use when you are going out on a girl-night-out, not so suitable to go out for a date (I dont think guys love this too sweet scent!)
For me, I am 28 and I love sweet scent. So it will not a problem for me. But for people who love a bit more mature scent, this isnt for you! It is very young, sweet, girly and sugary scent. Quite strong! So you will either love it or hate it :D
Price is not bad. 20USD on sale for 100ml.
Packaging is adorable, looks like a cotton candy ^_^

I bought this once and HATED it. I expected a sweet candy smell but the only note I smelled was licorice. It drowned out everything else on my skin. I gave it to my daughter. All these years later I decided to order it again and this time it is MUCH better. This new bottle does not have the same licorice only note....Perhaps I had a bad bottle? I did order from ebay.

This is a completely difference fragrance to me in comparison to two years ago. I am also 48. Older people CAN pull this off. I actually get compliments wearing it whereas I get none wearing all of my expensive Diors.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

One of my favourite perfumes. I miss this perfume so much. I had it years ago. It has a sweet smell to it. So if you like sweet scents, you'll definitely like this! You smell like candy. It reminds me the smell of a candy store.

on 4/12/2018 10:04:00 AM

It's either love or hate with this one. I heard soooo many people talking about this perfume and its lasting power that I wanted to give it a try. Not for me. It's giving me a headache and I can't get it off my clothes. Way too sweet and girly for me. Smells like expired sugary stuff to me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This perfume reminds me of pink fluffy unicorns dancing on a cloud of cotton candy Marshmallows liquorice and vanilla cupcakes with pink frosted icing and hundreds and thousands it is sweet but not at all cloying or head ache inducing It is by far the best gourmand I have ever smelt it is so pretty I'm in love:)

on 2/26/2018 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I had this when it originally came out back in 2004 and I loved it but I'm a perfume chameleon and don't find myself repurchasing too many perfumes. This one was on my mind so I bought it and it was just as amazing as it was then. It has vanilla, a hint of licorice and a sweetness that isn't cloying. Honestly it just makes me happy when I wear it.

on 2/26/2018 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very vanilla-y! Smells exactly like Lavanilla - vanilla perfume. Identical...Dry down anyway. Cotton candy disappears sort of fast. Anyway, I probably like this one a hint more than Lavanilla bc of the yummy cotton candy.

Edit - 3/3 the dry down....on me anyway is Thierry Muglers Angel perfume. I'm talking hours later....it's super lasting power is also reminiscent of Angel. Crazy for and eau de toilette. Not Angel is the beginning or middle ...but the end end...waaaaay dry down. I know Angel also has cotton candy. I probably like this better now than Angel.