Aquolina Pink Sugar

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.7

Sometime in the last 2 years or so, this giddy liquid confection became my HG. And it did so on its own merits, against my will, because I own many more expensive fragrances & one-of-a-kind vintage fragrances & my intellect tells me I should like those more. Especially at age 47! But my god, I just LOOOOOOVE Pink Sugar. Wearing it makes me unreasonably happy; it garners tons of compliments; and my husband (who merely tolerates most perfumes) sighs blissfully when I have it on.

Pink Sugar (2003) was the first true take-no-prisoners GOURMAND! fragrance. [Angel, its predecessor, shares some of the same notes like cotton candy and caramel, but the real star of Angel's show is the massively dirty patchouli, and one could hardly call Angel a "sweet" fragrance overall.] I consider Pink Sugar superior to everything that came after it. It is a meticulously crafted fragrance, with some real complexity.

The initial spray can be a bit bracing, what with the brisk lemon, tart berries, and anise; soon after you are hit with a fizzy and ethereal spun-sugar effect; and the entire thing dries down to a stunningly woodsy dessert course of caramelized vanilla. It has brilliant sillage and longevity, wearing much more like an EDP than an EDT. While the entire thing sounds almost like diabetic overload on paper, it just works on the skin and makes you smell fresh, soft, and edible all at once. You are irresistible to anyone within 12 inches! SO FREAKIN' GREAT. I wear it to work. I just don't care.

If you don't like sweet fragrances, you won't like this. On the other hand, if any sweet fragrance were to win you over, Pink Sugar would be the one. And don't worry about the cheap price-- this is quality stuff. I've noticed the newer bottles of Pink Sugar, like the ones sold online and in discount stores, don't have the Aquolina brand name on the package. However, this is because Aquolina turned over production to its parent company (I think it's called Selectiva of Italy). I just bought a bottle at Burlington days ago, and it is every bit as potent and perfect as the bottles I got from Sephora in years past. Note that the normal color of the juice is a light yellow, not clear as in the misleading photo on this page. It has a very high concentration of vanilla, which causes the yellow hue. The fragrance has only gone "off" if it turns dark amber or brown.

on 2/26/2018 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very vanilla-y! Smells exactly like Lavanilla - vanilla perfume. Identical...Dry down anyway. Cotton candy disappears sort of fast. Anyway, I probably like this one a hint more than Lavanilla bc of the yummy cotton candy.

Edit - 3/3 the dry down....on me anyway is Thierry Muglers Angel perfume. I'm talking hours later....it's super lasting power is also reminiscent of Angel. Crazy for and eau de toilette. Not Angel is the beginning or middle ...but the end end...waaaaay dry down. I know Angel also has cotton candy. I probably like this better now than Angel.

on 1/30/2018 11:46:00 PM

I really like this! I've been seeing alot of reviews for this lately, so decided to "sniff" it out the last time I was at Kohl's... It went home with me😃. I'm 48 yo, and I definitely don't mind smelling like cotton candy and vanilla.. I used to love the body spray "Vanilla Cupcake" by Bodycology, but have been unable to find it since my last bottle over 4 years ago.. Sure, there's a lot of candy type scents at Bath and Body Works, but sprays aren't long lasting. After reading a lot of reviews here that say "Candy" by Prada is the high end version of a sweet scent, I will be treating myself to that too! My scent taste runs from Black Opium, to LVBelle by Lancome, and this Pink Sugar will definitely have its place among those.

on 1/24/2018 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Words cannot describe how much I love this perfume, It makes me feel girly and like a real life Barbie. I can pretty much say it's my signature. What's not to love, it smells amazing, it's crazy long lasting and intense, gets compliments all the time and it's incredibly affordable. I have 2 unopened 100ml bottles of this, the body lotion and the roll on shimmery perfume, that's how much I love it.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Wore this in high school I love it its like a cotton candy caramel smell, I agree its too sweet for grown women to like but I still like it for the nostalgic memories

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

My favourite perfume in the world!! I always receive so many compliments on my smell, and this is why. I have been wearing this perfume since I remember. It is the perfect scent! So sweet and not over powering. Perfect for everyday! Also super affordable, love this <3

on 2/9/2017 6:39:00 PM

Smells so sweet and lasts can't go wrong with a little pink sugar in your life...

on 2/5/2017 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My all time favorite sent!! It's so sweet, sexy and girly. Very refreshing. And well worth the $19.00 at the drug store !

on 1/11/2017 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

LOVE this fragrance!!! I can wear this everyday and every time I wear it I get compliments. Absolutely <3 pink sugar!! It's also a great layering fragrance : )

When I first bought Pink Sugar I didn't think I would end up loving it as much as I do now. It's not too expensive yet I get the most complimented on this scent in comparison to my more expensive perfumes (Chanel, YSL, Viktor & Rolf). I always get stopped by people asking what I'm wearing or to compliment me! People of all ages, both female and male always always always tell me I smell pretty when I'm wearing this. I'm almost done with my bottle and I only bought it around the end of February this year!

Popular Fragrances