Aquolina Pink Sugar

Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.7

1925 reviews

Sometime in the last 2 years or so, this giddy liquid confection became my HG. And it did so on its own merits, against my will, because I own many more expensive fragrances & one-of-a-kind vintage fragrances & my intellect tells me I should like those more. Especially at age 47! But my god, I just LOOOOOOVE Pink Sugar. Wearing it makes me unreasonably happy; it garners tons of compliments; and my husband (who merely tolerates most perfumes) sighs blissfully when I have it on.

Pink Sugar (2003) was the first true take-no-prisoners GOURMAND! fragrance. [Angel, its predecessor, shares some of the same notes like cotton candy and caramel, but the real star of Angel's show is the massively dirty patchouli, and one could hardly call Angel a "sweet" fragrance overall.] I consider Pink Sugar superior to everything that came after it. It is a meticulously crafted fragrance, with some real complexity.

The initial spray can be a bit bracing, what with the brisk lemon, tart berries, and anise; soon after you are hit with a fizzy and ethereal spun-sugar effect; and the entire thing dries down to a stunningly woodsy dessert course of caramelized vanilla. It has brilliant sillage and longevity, wearing much more like an EDP than an EDT. While the entire thing sounds almost like diabetic overload on paper, it just works on the skin and makes you smell fresh, soft, and edible all at once. You are irresistible to anyone within 12 inches! SO FREAKIN' GREAT. I wear it to work. I just don't care.

If you don't like sweet fragrances, you won't like this. On the other hand, if any sweet fragrance were to win you over, Pink Sugar would be the one. And don't worry about the cheap price-- this is quality stuff. I've noticed the newer bottles of Pink Sugar, like the ones sold online and in discount stores, don't have the Aquolina brand name on the package. However, this is because Aquolina turned over production to its parent company (I think it's called Selectiva of Italy). I just bought a bottle at Burlington days ago, and it is every bit as potent and perfect as the bottles I got from Sephora in years past. Note that the normal color of the juice is a light yellow, not clear as in the misleading photo on this page. It has a very high concentration of vanilla, which causes the yellow hue. The fragrance has only gone "off" if it turns dark amber or brown.

I bought this once and HATED it. I expected a sweet candy smell but the only note I smelled was licorice. It drowned out everything else on my skin. I gave it to my daughter. All these years later I decided to order it again and this time it is MUCH better. This new bottle does not have the same licorice only note....Perhaps I had a bad bottle? I did order from ebay.

This is a completely difference fragrance to me in comparison to two years ago. I am also 48. Older people CAN pull this off. I actually get compliments wearing it whereas I get none wearing all of my expensive Diors.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

One of my favourite perfumes. I miss this perfume so much. I had it years ago. It has a sweet smell to it. So if you like sweet scents, you'll definitely like this! You smell like candy. It reminds me the smell of a candy store.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This perfume reminds me of pink fluffy unicorns dancing on a cloud of cotton candy Marshmallows liquorice and vanilla cupcakes with pink frosted icing and hundreds and thousands it is sweet but not at all cloying or head ache inducing It is by far the best gourmand I have ever smelt it is so pretty I'm in love:)

on 2/26/2018 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I had this when it originally came out back in 2004 and I loved it but I'm a perfume chameleon and don't find myself repurchasing too many perfumes. This one was on my mind so I bought it and it was just as amazing as it was then. It has vanilla, a hint of licorice and a sweetness that isn't cloying. Honestly it just makes me happy when I wear it.

on 2/26/2018 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very vanilla-y! Smells exactly like Lavanilla - vanilla perfume. Identical...Dry down anyway. Cotton candy disappears sort of fast. Anyway, I probably like this one a hint more than Lavanilla bc of the yummy cotton candy.

Edit - 3/3 the dry down....on me anyway is Thierry Muglers Angel perfume. I'm talking hours later....it's super lasting power is also reminiscent of Angel. Crazy for and eau de toilette. Not Angel is the beginning or middle ...but the end end...waaaaay dry down. I know Angel also has cotton candy. I probably like this better now than Angel.

on 1/30/2018 11:46:00 PM

I really like this! I've been seeing alot of reviews for this lately, so decided to "sniff" it out the last time I was at Kohl's... It went home with me😃. I'm 48 yo, and I definitely don't mind smelling like cotton candy and vanilla.. I used to love the body spray "Vanilla Cupcake" by Bodycology, but have been unable to find it since my last bottle over 4 years ago.. Sure, there's a lot of candy type scents at Bath and Body Works, but sprays aren't long lasting. After reading a lot of reviews here that say "Candy" by Prada is the high end version of a sweet scent, I will be treating myself to that too! My scent taste runs from Black Opium, to LVBelle by Lancome, and this Pink Sugar will definitely have its place among those.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love pink sugar. Keep in mind I am 25 and have absolutely loved sugary, obnoxious sweet scents since I was a child. I don't care how old I get, I will always want to smell edible. When I was in high school I wore Calgon Mmm Marshmallow and Body Fantasies Cotton Candy as daily body sprays - I carried them around in my purse and basically drowned myself in them. This sounds annoying or cloying but I never received a complaint. People have always told me that I smell good. Fast forward 10 years and I still love those body sprays, but they don't last long enough on me. So my favorite "adult" perfumes are Prada Candy and Pink Sugar. Pink Sugar is definitely not boring or "just" sweet, though. There is a complexity here. It's not exactly a mature or mysterious complexity, but it's absolutely NOT just a glorified Claire's body spray, and I'm very sad to see some people think of it that way. The fact that this is an eau de toilette is insane. This thing is *intense.* Like, I was just chopping onions and garlic for dinner and still all I smelled was the single spritz of PS that I had put on my wrist. The sillage and lasting power on this is well worth the money. Pink Sugar is a scent powerhouse, and underrated in that regard.

When i first spray this I get an almost fruity scent, but also a slight plastic scent. After about a minute I heavily smell cotton candy and vanilla. and once it's fully dried down, it smells like a rich sugary dream... Like a burnt marshmallow with vanilla icing. There's something about this dried down that can't be described just through a text review. It's scrumptious and almost fantasy-like. I'm in love with it, always have been and always will be.

The bottle is glass, very cute, and feels luxurious for the price. I buy my bottles at Burlington Coat Factory for $15.

on 1/24/2018 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Words cannot describe how much I love this perfume, It makes me feel girly and like a real life Barbie. I can pretty much say it's my signature. What's not to love, it smells amazing, it's crazy long lasting and intense, gets compliments all the time and it's incredibly affordable. I have 2 unopened 100ml bottles of this, the body lotion and the roll on shimmery perfume, that's how much I love it.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Wore this in high school I love it its like a cotton candy caramel smell, I agree its too sweet for grown women to like but I still like it for the nostalgic memories

Popular Fragrances