Aquolina Pink Sugar

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.7

on 4/12/2018 10:04:00 AM

It's either love or hate with this one. I heard soooo many people talking about this perfume and its lasting power that I wanted to give it a try. Not for me. It's giving me a headache and I can't get it off my clothes. Way too sweet and girly for me. Smells like expired sugary stuff to me.

on 12/15/2016 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Upon looking through my massive bag of perfume samples, I was rather surprised to find an unused sample bottle of Pink Sugar lying in the heap. Maybe I had tucked it away in fear that it would invoke the memories of middle school and my horrifically awkward loser past self. Well alright, honestly not much has changed since then, but still, I like to convince myself that that's not true... Anyway, all I remember is that every girl in the "in" crowd doused themselves in this stuff and I was envious of them, in a sense: they were so popular and attractive and feminine, while I just couldn't muster up the courage to even try out typical girl stuff.

Now here I am, a slave to consumerism and maybe a bit too well-versed in the world of makeup, fragrance, skincare, fashion, etc. But I'm kind of happy with that! And with my vast expertise, I can finally declare: Pink Sugar is freakin' disgusting! I can't believe I actually looked up to this scent. Now all I think about when I get a whiff of this stuff is how outdated it smells, to be honest. It needs to be exiled to the previous decade and never allowed to leave. Not only that, but this scent as a whole just smells awfully cheap.

As much as I do not prefer to wear gourmands that often, I can still appreciate a good one, and Pink Sugar is not one of them - at least on my skin. On the first whiff, I don't get any of the fruity, fresh top notes; on me, it's an overpowering chemically, bitter licorice. It's actually so strong it almost smells like something's burning around you. As it transitions into the middle notes, I can only detect one-dimensional cotton candy - and it's still mixed in with that awful licorice. No promised fruit notes here, just boring sweets. And finally, the drydown is predominantly creamy caramel, sandalwood, and vanilla that's - surprise, surprise - an artificial, heartless, chemically concoction. And that stupid licorice is STILL hanging around until the end.

I've had indie perfumes (both oils and EDPs) that smelled so much more appealing and actually aspired to be true-to-life renditions of real things. You can feel the love put into those fragrances. I've also had some very tastefully assembled gourmand high-end fragrances too, we can't forget about those. Meanwhile, Pink Sugar is stuck in middle school, only concerned about smelling sugary sweet (and not caring that it smells artificial) without even bothering with any nuances. Maybe my young self knew what was she was doing all along by avoiding this stuff.

on 8/1/2014 12:05:00 AM

SWEET SWEET SWEET. Made me so nauseous the second i sprayed it. If you're not a fan of SWEET smells DONT bother purchasing this product. Smelled like a cheap candy shop. The packaging is what caught my eye...it is very cute!

on 4/19/2014 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Nauseatingly sweet with no depth.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Well,it smells like DISAPPOINTMENT + CANDLE-WAX and cardboard ! Worst perfume I've ever owned. I regret buying this and will not buy this ever again! Cute packaging though( which tricked me into buying it !) . I don't even think that this is the smell of marshmallow or sugar .

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I am in love with sweet smelling perfume so when I heard people rave about it i decided to pick it up. When i first smelled it it was overwhelming but i still was attracted. I decided to spritz it on one day and wear it to school BIG mistake. I never get migraines and i had horrible headaches the smell drove me up the wall i had to take my sweater and cover my nose the whole day because i sprayed it on my shirt. It burned my nose and my stomach started to hurt. I have a high pain tolerance but i absolutely could not take it as soon as i got home i took of my shirt threw it in the washer and gave away the perfume to a friend

I do not understand why it is soooo hyped up about everywhere. Its an ok perfume and the name is cute, which probably makes people interested but when I first smelt it, I instantly got a headache, imo it smells like burnt sugar and the smell isn't feminine or sweet at all, its like gross. The packaging is cute but I do not recommend it if you hate strong smells or burnt smells. Hope this was helpful!

on 8/17/2012 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Whew, if you want sweet perfume, I don't think you can do better than this one. Sampled this in store, and the description of cotton candy burning slowly on a stove is spot on. There was nothing complex about this scent at all. Completely doesn't do anything with my chemistry, and is all around overbearing. At least I can finally say I tried it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product, instantly thinking that I will get a lot of compliments since my sister once owned it and she loved it and she received tons of compliments. That's not my case. I actually got in trouble for wearing this. In the bottle, it may seem that it smells sweet and lovely and sugary, but once you put it on and keep it on, the smell faints and begins smelling like alcohol. I got in trouble for wearing this at my school since my teacher thought I was drunk since she smelled alcohol on me. It doesn't really smell like what it is in the bottle after a while, so just save your money and buy something else.

on 3/30/2012 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I tried to like this. I love caramel and vanilla notes, but this was just disgusting, pardon me. I like sweet fragrances, but this had enough sugar to burn a hole through your teeth. If you want a gourmand fragrance that has a more sophisticated edge and is not saccharin-sweet, go for Prada Candy. Shame, I liked the bottle.

Popular Fragrances