Aquolina Pink Sugar

Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.7

1921 reviews

on 4/12/2018 10:04:00 AM

It's either love or hate with this one. I heard soooo many people talking about this perfume and its lasting power that I wanted to give it a try. Not for me. It's giving me a headache and I can't get it off my clothes. Way too sweet and girly for me. Smells like expired sugary stuff to me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This perfume reminds me of pink fluffy unicorns dancing on a cloud of cotton candy Marshmallows liquorice and vanilla cupcakes with pink frosted icing and hundreds and thousands it is sweet but not at all cloying or head ache inducing It is by far the best gourmand I have ever smelt it is so pretty I'm in love:)

on 2/26/2018 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I had this when it originally came out back in 2004 and I loved it but I'm a perfume chameleon and don't find myself repurchasing too many perfumes. This one was on my mind so I bought it and it was just as amazing as it was then. It has vanilla, a hint of licorice and a sweetness that isn't cloying. Honestly it just makes me happy when I wear it.

on 2/26/2018 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very vanilla-y! Smells exactly like Lavanilla - vanilla perfume. Identical...Dry down anyway. Cotton candy disappears sort of fast. Anyway, I probably like this one a hint more than Lavanilla bc of the yummy cotton candy.

Edit - 3/3 the dry down....on me anyway is Thierry Muglers Angel perfume. I'm talking hours later....it's super lasting power is also reminiscent of Angel. Crazy for and eau de toilette. Not Angel is the beginning or middle ...but the end end...waaaaay dry down. I know Angel also has cotton candy. I probably like this better now than Angel.

on 1/30/2018 11:46:00 PM

I really like this! I've been seeing alot of reviews for this lately, so decided to "sniff" it out the last time I was at Kohl's... It went home with me😃. I'm 48 yo, and I definitely don't mind smelling like cotton candy and vanilla.. I used to love the body spray "Vanilla Cupcake" by Bodycology, but have been unable to find it since my last bottle over 4 years ago.. Sure, there's a lot of candy type scents at Bath and Body Works, but sprays aren't long lasting. After reading a lot of reviews here that say "Candy" by Prada is the high end version of a sweet scent, I will be treating myself to that too! My scent taste runs from Black Opium, to LVBelle by Lancome, and this Pink Sugar will definitely have its place among those.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love pink sugar. Keep in mind I am 25 and have absolutely loved sugary, obnoxious sweet scents since I was a child. I don't care how old I get, I will always want to smell edible. When I was in high school I wore Calgon Mmm Marshmallow and Body Fantasies Cotton Candy as daily body sprays - I carried them around in my purse and basically drowned myself in them. This sounds annoying or cloying but I never received a complaint. People have always told me that I smell good. Fast forward 10 years and I still love those body sprays, but they don't last long enough on me. So my favorite "adult" perfumes are Prada Candy and Pink Sugar. Pink Sugar is definitely not boring or "just" sweet, though. There is a complexity here. It's not exactly a mature or mysterious complexity, but it's absolutely NOT just a glorified Claire's body spray, and I'm very sad to see some people think of it that way. The fact that this is an eau de toilette is insane. This thing is *intense.* Like, I was just chopping onions and garlic for dinner and still all I smelled was the single spritz of PS that I had put on my wrist. The sillage and lasting power on this is well worth the money. Pink Sugar is a scent powerhouse, and underrated in that regard.

When i first spray this I get an almost fruity scent, but also a slight plastic scent. After about a minute I heavily smell cotton candy and vanilla. and once it's fully dried down, it smells like a rich sugary dream... Like a burnt marshmallow with vanilla icing. There's something about this dried down that can't be described just through a text review. It's scrumptious and almost fantasy-like. I'm in love with it, always have been and always will be.

The bottle is glass, very cute, and feels luxurious for the price. I buy my bottles at Burlington Coat Factory for $15.

on 1/24/2018 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Words cannot describe how much I love this perfume, It makes me feel girly and like a real life Barbie. I can pretty much say it's my signature. What's not to love, it smells amazing, it's crazy long lasting and intense, gets compliments all the time and it's incredibly affordable. I have 2 unopened 100ml bottles of this, the body lotion and the roll on shimmery perfume, that's how much I love it.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Wore this in high school I love it its like a cotton candy caramel smell, I agree its too sweet for grown women to like but I still like it for the nostalgic memories

on 8/24/2017 3:02:00 PM

Well well well... if it isnt my adolescence in a bottle haha.

I wore this religiously for a few years when i was about 20ish and always received compliments, especially from men, while wearing this. It smells heavily of vanilla, like you bathed in cupcakes.

Its cheap enough and is in a very cute bottle. Although i loved it a long time ago, unfortunately i find the smell far too sweet for my liking now.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Yeah, this fragrance was everywhere for quite a long time, and it is still probably pretty popular with certain segments of the population, but it smells nice. Ubiquity doesn't always equal bad products IMHO. I have only ever owned samples of this, and I don't think I'd ever buy a full bottle just because I don't wear it often. Plus, I am 33, and I find it to feel just a little young for me. (Not that young is bad, I just like fragrances that are a little more complex or more floral for a day-to-day scent.)

Popular Fragrances