Aquolina Pink Sugar

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Aquolina Pink Sugar

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Aquolina's Pink Sugar is a pleasant, fun favorite of mine. I'm not a floral person, I love my vanilla scents and will also gravitate towards anything that drys down to my favorite vanilla. Pink Sugar does that for me in a musky way.
Top notes are bergamot, Sicilian orange, green nuance of fig leaves, middle notes are lily of the valley, liquorice blossom, and red fruits, and it drys down to vanilla, caramel, woodsy and musky notes. As with any fragrance, let its aroma waft through the air and don't let it's initial scent sway you. Wait a good 20 minutes before you decide how it interacts with your own body's chemicals. There are three phases to a fragrance. Delight in all of them. And if you enjoy them all? The fragrance is for you.
I spray Pink Sugar and it reminds me of going into a candle shop and finding just the right vanilla candle. Of opening the candle jar, smelling it and saying that's just the right one. It's not obnoxious to me or cloyingly sweet. It's light enough to wear year round. It transcends age. It's not a young girl's fragrance or a grandma's fragrance, either. If it suits you, it simply does.
After about 30 minutes I do smell the scent of licorice lightly on myself. But it's mixed with a very light muskiness of butter cream caramel vanilla. It has a good lasting power of 12 hours or more, and that's with one spray. I've used the Eau de Toilette and the Parfum.
Frankly, I think the name turns some people off because it sounds young and frivolous so they think it's not sophisticated enough to wear. I'm a firm believer in wearing what makes you feel good, smell good, feel cozy, feel sexy, or whatever you want your mood to be. It shouldn't matter what the price is, or who makes it. After all, are you wearing the label of the parfum on your neck? Or are you wearing a parfum simply to make yourself feel good and lift your spirits?

on 8/27/2011 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Although this sounded like something I would like, it turned on me to a sickening licorice with a touch of vanilla. Too bad I do not like the scent of licorice.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Sugar overload! This kind of smells like the Bubblicious gum that came in cotton candy flavour. While it's not the worst scent out there, but it is a bit cloying and can cause migraines.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Pink Sugar...pink,sweet,vanilla,frosted cupcakes,strawberry shortcake,cotton candy kind of perfume...sweet delightful perfume!

I bought Pink Sugar because I had read so much about it and was dying to try it. I am an older woman but get lots of compliments when I wear this. Men especially say that it reminds them of home cooking (not exactly romantic but they all want to get closer to smell me - LOL). I think it smells like cupcakes right out of the oven. It's a fun fragrance for work. I generally like more intense oriental florals so this is nice for a change.

on 6/25/2007 9:57:00 PM

I didn't like this when I first got a sample at Nordstrom's, but a few months later, in the summer, I like it a lot. It's definitely a summery fragrance. My teenage granddaughters love it, so I bought each of them a set last month. It's sweet, but complex, and dries to a warm, girly fragrance that actually draws compliments from people who tell me it's a "smiley" fragrance...something that reminds them of simpler, happier days. I sometimes put it on just before bed, cuz my hubby really likes it. He says it's feminine and makes him want to cuddle...can't say I mind THAT!

on 5/9/2007 8:31:00 PM

Got a little sample of this off Ebay. Was not expecting to like the scent but ended up liking it very much. The dry down on me is lemony. I quite like the cotton candy with the citrus. It is light and men seem to like this fragrance. It did last a fairly good while on my skin, which is noteworthy, as I am fair skinned and perfumes tend to vanish on me.

Recommended for Summer and anytime you want to play the vixen gamine lightly.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Gosh, this has so many glowing reviews, but I'd be wrong if I didn't post a positive response of mine about this scent. I love this with all it's candy sweet goodness. The bottle is cute and it's reasonably priced. If I'd known about this and a few other scents, I may have never amassed my collection of fragrances now. I love it. I hope it's never discontinued.

Popular Fragrances