Aquolina Pink Sugar

Filtered by age: 44-55
Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.7

on 1/21/2017 11:20:00 PM

I'm always one to give credit to fragrances that start enduring trends. Pink Sugar did just that in 2003, kicking off the ultrasweet "gourmand" trend that's now been done to death by celebrity and high-end fumes. Pink Sugar was an original when it launched... And I don't just like it. I LOOOOOVEEEE it. (Btw I'm 45 and not prone to using words like "LOOOOOVEEEE" but it just seems.right for something so yummmmmie... There I go again.)

Pink Sugar is basically cotton candy in a bottle, with an ingenious little twist of anise and lemon (just enough to balance out the diabetic load) and when it all.comes together on my skin, it's pure joy. For an eau de toilette, it's potent and lingering, so.stick to.3 sprays at most. Very sweet fragrances like this can quickly become headache material if oversprayed. PS.dries down to a caramelized vanilla, but always retains that almost fizzy cotton-candy note.

If you think it's childish, don't wear it-- but keep.in mind that Coco.Mademoiselle and La Vie Est Belle are quite sweet too, and no one thinks those fumes are childish. I wore PS to the Women's March on 1/21/17 and it wasn't out of place with the serious message we were sending. It smells.great and girly, but not juvenile. Give it a shot; you may be surprised by just how.wearable.this little.confection can be.

This is my day go to fragrance. It's a nice sweet, vanilla scent. I get a lot of complements on it. The hair perfume is just as nice, and if you're in a budget it only runs about $13-$15. I generally pick up the perfume at Kohl's when I have Kohl's cash or rewards and usally only have to drop $10 out of pocket. I've seen this a TJmaxx also, however when I sprayed it, smelled like baby powder (maybe it was old or a knock off).

on 3/13/2016 6:29:00 AM

I wear tom ford neroli portofino and tobacco vanilla so my tastes change depending on the climate in the time of year Etc..

I also wear this, it's sweet like cotton candy not synthetic not like high school cheap or an overpowering or floral I hate florals..
Nothing like PRADA CANDY WHICH SMELLS LIKE OLD LADY.
I'm in my 30's and find this perfectly tasteful well priced & honestly great to sleep in and I love the roller ball at Ulta and the discounts at Nordstrom Rack but I will definitely be checking for those chili peppers

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

So, remember when you were a little kid and you could never get enough sugar, and candy was the best thing of all time ever? And then remember that time some grown-up--maybe a grandparent or a great-aunt or something--offered you a piece of candy and you got all excited...only then to discover that the "candy" in question was actually a plug of some gross rooty old black licorice? Remember how utterly devastating and upsetting that was?

...Yeah. This has got to be the cruellest bait-and-switch in all perfumery.

When you first take a sniff of it in the bottle or the vial, it presents itself as a sweet little riff on ethyl maltol, the "cotton candy" (or "candyfloss" for you Brits out there) aromachemical. It smells great: like spun sugar and carmelized sugar and various vanillaish things and maybe just a bit of red berry. It's a smell that goes straight to whatever part of the limbic system it is that houses your proverbial inner child, and that seems perfectly designed to get that inner child all excited, like a little kid just entering the fairgrounds. Cotton candy! Cotton candy and CARAMEL! Candycandycandycandycandy!!! Yaaaaaay!

Then you make the mistake of spraying it or dabbing some on, and all of a sudden this enormous black licorice and melted plastic hybrid--this unspeakable BEAST--rears up out of nowhere, roaring and rampaging and trampling you underfoot until you're left rocking back and forth, wailing in horror like Nancy Kerrigan after she took one to the knee. "Why? Why??? WHY???!!??"

Seriously, what did they DO to that poor ethyl maltol to make it smell like that? And what could the poor ethyl maltol possibly have done to deserve such treatment?

On the plus side, at least now I know what that black licorice fragrance I've been smelling everywhere for the past couple of years is. It never even occurred to me that it might be Pink Sugar. I'd been assuming that it was, I dunno, Lolita Lempicka or something -- you know, something that is *known* for its licorice note -- because seriously, who would guess that a fragrance called "Pink Sugar" and marketed with all of that pink fluffy cotton candy imagery would actually turn out to smell like a plug of some thick rooty old black licorice? Not I, that's for sure. Crazy old world, innit?

Crazy old world...and a *very* cruel perfume.

on 10/2/2015 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

my favorite scent , every time i use this someone always ask what am i am wearing it smells so good.

on 8/20/2015 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was a blind buy for me and I'm soooo glad I did! The cotton candy & caramel scent is sexy and draws people into you. I get so many compliments on this one. 15 years married, 4 kids and I can't keep my husband away when I wear it. LOVE this sweet sexy sensual scent!

on 8/16/2015 11:23:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I don't wear this one for me, it's cloying and seems childish. My nickname for it is "Baby Prostitute".

I love this fragrance because men love it. I only wear it when I have a target in my sights. This stuff begs him to get closer, it makes me smell delicious, edible. And encourages him to eat me up, which is exactly what I want. It lasts about the length of one hot date.

My bisexual ex broke my rollerball of it because I wouldn't lend it to him for a casual sex date with some big hairy guy. What a hag. I broke up with him and bought some more. I am not sharing my mankiller juice with anyone.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

every time i wear this eau de toilet i always get ask what am i wearing it smells real good
i forget i have it on all the time cause i can't smell it.

on 3/23/2015 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Purchased on Ebay having never smelled this. I am pleasantly surprised. I really am enjoying it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I can't make up my mind how I feel about this fragrance. I have tired it several times in the store. One day I will think it is sickeningly sweet and too sugary, the next time I test it will think it is sweet and sugary in a quirky, fun way.

Pink Sugar has been on my mind because I tested it again during my day out Holiday Shopping. Almost bought it last week.

I don't think fragrance has an age range. People might think this doesn't smell like a fragrance for a 40+ woman, but sometimes women want to have fun with a fragrance, not every frag has to be serious with complex notes.

Popular Fragrances