Aquolina Pink Sugar

Filtered by age: 36-43
Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.7

Go figure!

I like this stuff afterall.

I received a free sample of this upon having spent an obscene amount of money on cosmetics one afternoon last year (what else is new, my only saving grace is that the bags are always so SMALL that my other half never even questions what I bought. I mean, a small teeny-tiny bag like that can't cost much, right? Heh. Just don't tell on me!) and upon getting home, I opened the little vial and just about HEAVED on the spot! Holy-freaking-candy-shop-Batman! SUGAR?! SUGAR?! I needed an insultin injection just from a .5 second SNIFF of this stuff, never mind actually WEARING IT! GAH! Couldn't imagine it.

For some unknown reason, I recently opened up this little sample vial again (I thought I'd thrown it away, don't know what got into me actually) and for some even STRANGER reason, decided to dab this on behind my ears. Now, for the first 10 minutes I had to do deep-breathing exercises to convince myself that I wasn't about to slip into a sugar-induced coma, but for some utterly inexplicable reason, something stopped me from washing the stuff off my body. (Thinking about this further, I wonder if there isn't some sort of addictant additive in this 'perfume'.... hmmmmmmmm)

Lo and behold, after an hour or more of wearing this stuff, I actually began to (gulp) LIKE it. I thought I might be crazy, so I walked downstairs to the garage where my husband was doing something unthinkably manly, like, sorting bolts... and asked, "Honey, what do you think of this?" as I proffered my neck for him to smell. Heh. Do you know what he did? Do you?? He growled. YES. He, GRRRRRRRROWLED at me. As in, "Oh BABY you are one fine hot woman" GROWL. ?!?!

Seriously? Smelling like Princess Gumdrop of Sugar Town makes me GGRRRRRowl worthy?

Well... in case you can't tell where this is already going. After letting this stuff settle on my middle-aged skin, after fighting off our next door neighbour with a fly swatter because he inSISted that he needed to smell me again... I've discovered that this stuff smells pretty heavenly.

Now, I have to use just the teensy-tiny-iddy-biddy-liddle-bit of this stuff. And I have to let it BREATHE on me for a while (so don't spritz and run out the door without handing a Medic Alert bracelet to everyone you might encounter for the next half hour) but wow... it mellows into this deeply sexy, sweet musky groove that makes me feel just.... errrm.... shall we say GRRRRRREAT!

(Tony the Tiger did not in any away endorse or support the contents of this review. The end.)

This ia a sweet, cute pick me up perfume to wear on a day when your needing a little boost.
It starts off with a blast of sweetness but the dry down is lovely and warm. Caramel, musk.
One of the things that really bothers me here on MUA is when people try to say what is age appropriate. Don't we as women get put in enough boxes? Too fat, too short, too old, wrong skin color etc.
I say wear what YOU like. If you eighty and love Pink Sugar than by all means wear the hell out of it!
So I'm 31 and I like this scent, not HG for me at all but something to add to my collection and wear on a day I'm feeling exsp girlie.

on 5/9/2008 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

*sigh*. I have joined the Pink Sugar cult. Yes, it is true. Years ago I sampled PS for a day and decided that I was too old for it, even though I kinda liked it. That all changed when one of my clients came in smelling DELISH, and mentioned that she too hesitated to purchase PS because she felt she was too old (early 60's). She then decided that life was too short to abide by society's ridiculous standards, and that it's all subjective anyway. Dang skippy! The initial cotton candy blast only lasts about 30 mins on me, then it's all snuggly musk that makes me happy...it's very comforting.

My five year old daughter owns a bottle of Pink Sugar, which she is allowed to apply herself on special family occasions. Everyone who hugs her remarks on her wonderful scent - she loves it! Her grandfather calls her Pink Sugar Princess. Sometimes she and I will both wear it if we are going on a small adventure together.
The fragrance is very accessible, generally non-offensive, just sweet and bright and lovely, and I think it is appropriate for any girl or adult woman who enjoys such fragrances. Not everyone wants/needs to smell of mysterious incense or dark amber all the time. Sometimes pretty, playful and fun is just the ticket, and Pink Sugar delivers.

Horray for cotton candy!!

Reminds me of being a kid at a carnival. I feel so playful when I wear this scent. So original. Why didn't anyone think of this sooner? It's an everyday "pick-me-upper". It's great that it's not another overwhelming girly floral scent, like all the other perfumes. It's perfect, my favorite scent!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My favorite perfume of all time!! If I could only own 1 perfume this would be the 1. HG!!!!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

LOL! You ladies right below me are hysterically funny... My German husband thinks me smelling like I've been 'baking in a hot kitchen' all day dead sexy. :D I like Pink Sugar. I rarely wear it in the summer because it can turn cloying and obnoxious on me, but the second the air turns crisp I'm wearing it daily alternating with my Coty Wild Musk as my casual fragrance. My 4 and 5 year old daughters think Pink Sugar is the best second only to TM Angel! If a fragrance smells good on you and it makes you 'feel good in your skin' like the French say, who cares what demographic it is marketed to. Me, I wear whatever the heck makes me happy. So should you. ;0)

on 2/3/2013 12:44:00 PM

Plain and simple I've used this for years and I have no plans on stopping. I get tons of compliments on it, and the hubby loves it. The scent is not too sweet at all. My fave fragance!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I really love Pink Sugar. I didn't at first, because although I do like sweet, seductive scents, this one was a little over the top for me. I recently turned 40 and I figured I just really don't need to go around smelling like cupcakes and cotton candy, which is what it smelled like to me, on other people.

It seems however, that I have some kind of weird chemistry with this scent. I didn't realize it until I squirted some on my wrist in Ulta on a whim. I get the typically sweet notes but I also get a citrusy fruity note that keeps it from being too cloying. It's almost fresh smelling. Weird. I don't wear it terribly often...mostly when I'm feeling young and flirty...but it's nice to have in my fragrance wardrobe when I'm in the mood for something different. I thought it was a nice novely, but didn't expect to purchase it again. However, I'm almost out, and finding that I'm sad to see the end of it. I think I'm going to have to have more.

Sometimes it pays to try a fragrance that you might not otherwise have chosen for yourself. I've been suprised several times that way.

on 1/11/2017 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

LOVE this fragrance!!! I can wear this everyday and every time I wear it I get compliments. Absolutely <3 pink sugar!! It's also a great layering fragrance : )

Popular Fragrances