Aquolina Pink Sugar

Filtered by age: 30-35
Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.6

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Yeah, this fragrance was everywhere for quite a long time, and it is still probably pretty popular with certain segments of the population, but it smells nice. Ubiquity doesn't always equal bad products IMHO. I have only ever owned samples of this, and I don't think I'd ever buy a full bottle just because I don't wear it often. Plus, I am 33, and I find it to feel just a little young for me. (Not that young is bad, I just like fragrances that are a little more complex or more floral for a day-to-day scent.)

on 2/9/2017 6:39:00 PM

Smells so sweet and lasts can't go wrong with a little pink sugar in your life...

on 8/25/2016 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Initially this does come off a little harsh. You get this overwhelming, in-your-face scent of burnt sugar and citrus. However once it starts to dry down it becomes absolutely gorgeous. I get whiffs of it while wearing it and sometimes it smells like cotton candy, sometimes it smells like strawberry candy and sometimes it smells like baked goods. Also it stays on clothes and makes them smell lovely.
It's not a sophisticated scent of course, but it is extremely pleasant, even decadent.

on 6/1/2016 10:33:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

On my third bottle I use it slowly because I've been buying this for years. I have a back up bottle as well. My son thought I was making cotton candy one day when I sprayed it lol it has a strong burnt caramel note but I like these types of perfumes more than fruity and flowery ones. Sweet perfumes tend to last longer than florals do. And in my opinion yes it does smell similar to prada candy but the difference is ps has the strong burnt caramel smell and pc has more of a perfumey undertone like an old powerhouse fragrance with sweets over it. I really like prada candy don't get me wrong but ps is cheaper so I'll stick with it instead. One thing I've noticed is the older this perfume gets the better it smells .. My current bottle I'm using is almost gone and I've had it for a while and I noticed the smell isn't so much cotton candy now it's more of a caramel cookie type scent .. I had it on the other day and kept smelling cookies then realized it was my perfume.. This ones a true keeper it lasts and smells divine in fresh or old form and not too many perfumes last so I reccomended this and the price point is more than affordable .. I love to smell like pink sugar 💋

on 3/11/2016 10:04:00 PM

The version I have (without the chili pepper pictured on it) is very sweet and sugary with a good dose of black licorice. I really don't like the black licorice note. It is very dominant. I still want to try the original version without the black licorice. Gotta look for that red chili pepper on the package!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

What's left to say about this perfume that hasn't already been said? Nothing really, except to say that the adorable packaging reminds me of ballerina shoes. I don't know if that was done on purpose, but it's cute as a button.

Overall, both young guys and older gentlemen seem to love this scent. It's very unassuming, unpretentious, incredibly feminine and girly in an unintimidating way, and is something that softhearted females would be attracted to.

Now whether or not it would end up smelling good on them is another story, because this is one of those perfumes that's a bit divisive. I don't know if it's the licorice, but it has a tendency to smell a bit plasticky on some of us.

Also, I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I thought it would smell more like cotton candy or something. I don't know. All I know is that it's a sweet, unassuming, uncomplicated fragrance that women with a variety of different tastes might enjoy. Give it a spritz and see if you like it. You might be surprised, because I honestly don't think it's necessarily just for teens and young adults.

on 3/8/2016 9:00:00 AM

Every few years something talks me into trying this again. I've been hearing people rave about this since high school (im 31).

Most recently I have been hearing people call this the "cheap version of prada candy". I love prada candy! I saw kathleenlights rave about this and finally I caved, like hmm. Maybe this go 'round I'll see the magic.

I remember clearly that this perfume is strong-- so strong! I saw they have a "hair perfume" out now, so i figured I would test that out thinking it would be softer.

First off the packaging sucked bc every time I sprayed it the nozzle would leak-- leaving sugar/vanilla scented perfume oil all over. Maybe it was just that mine was defective.

Anyway-- to explain pink sugar.

It starts off with a blast of sugar. Almost a burnt sugar. Not terrible and as to be expected given the name--

Then on me the heart note is licorice. LICORICE--- it's screaming and pulling at my eye sockets. Licorice and lots of it!!

Ok ok. It calms down--- where we at now? Sugar is back. Ok. Vanilla. Hmm... I can live with this. Vanilla is ok.

An hour goes by-- you're being beat over the head with a warm burnt sugary vanilla. Two hours... 4 hours...

Do I get any musk? No. Florals? No...

Is there *anything* to cut down that cloying sugary vanilla confection. Nope. Not at all. It is with you-- just as strong until you eventually wash it off.

If you love sugary and sweet scents I can see someone loving this. I find this nauseating and headache inducing. It somehow gets heavier as it wears...

I think I finally learned my lesson, and this will be my final go around with this one.

Oh. And it is nothing like prada candy!! Just bc two scents are gourmand and vanilla and have a cylindrical bottle do not mean they are the same.

Candy is powdery and musky and soft and just amazing!! Not the same!!

on 3/8/2016 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This fragrance is strong, even as an eau de toilette. The scent is burnt sugar/caramel with a vanilla toffee dry down scent. This is not for everyone. I don't particularly care for it. It is overwhelming and heady. I could see this getting someone nauseous or a headache.

I use this on weekends when I get to the gym. This would definitely mask body odor and sweat. I recommend spraying this the air and walking through. If you spray this on your skin, it will be overkill. But if you like attention and loud scents go full speed ahead.

on 2/20/2016 4:58:00 PM

I just bought this recently, having never bothered to even smell it in the past, but it was on sale for cheap and it seems to be one of the most popular scents of all time so I had to satisfy my curiosity. The reason I never tried it before is because the description "smells like cotton candy with licorice" sounds disgusting to me. In general and especially as a scent to wear on my body. Cotton candy brings to mind cheap tweenage body sprays that make me nauseous. However, I like it. Its a really comforting scent to wear at home, after a bath, makes me keep sniffing my wrists for another hit. People have described it as "burnt sugar" and that is what it smells like to me. Very sweet with an edge. I have never worn this out in public, not sure Ill ever have the balls to do so, and would never wear it to work as I expect its overpowering sweetness would be offensive to some people, and that would be embarrassing-being the girl who grossed people out with her sugary perfume. So I continue to enjoy it at home, the way one would enjoy a nice scented candle. It lasts a really, really long time on me. Its cozy and I find I "miss it" when its gone. Cute

Love the smell of this, and the packaging is cute. I used to wear this when I was in my early 20's and I got so many compliments on it, guys especially would tell me it smelled like candy. I'm too old for it now but it's a cute fragrance for younger women.

I would only not buy it again because I don't wear scents like this anymore.

Popular Fragrances