Mario Badescu Cucumber Cleansing Lotion

Mario Badescu Cucumber Cleansing Lotion

Ingredients: Deionized Water,Isopropyl Alcohol,Nonoxynol-9,Boric Acid,Cucumber Extract 5/20/09

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Did not work out well for me at all. I bought this on whim after I saw UO selling the Mario Badescu line. I was rash and I didn't end up checking out the ingredient list (which is something you should definitely always do with skincare). Turns out it contains isopropyl alcohol which is extremely drying and irritating to use on the skin.

I tried it out anyway (lmao) and it didn't fare out well. You can smell and feel how drying the alcohol is. I used this for around two weeks and it did break me out. So far, I'm disappointed with what I've seen from the Mario Badescu line, but I'm hoping the rest of the line isn't the same.

PROS:
- Nice packaging?

CONS:
- Contains isopropyl alcohol.
- Drying.
- Irritating.

on 5/1/2016 1:37:00 AM

This is one of the best toners I have ever used. I have combination oily skin, and it does the job without drying. It smells great and makes your skin feel very clean and sanitized. Toners without alcohol just don't do anything. I love the smell and the packaging is very basic, could be nicer, but it does the job! Best for combination to oily skin. I alternate this with the grapefruit glycolic toner which does a great of smoothing my skin! People tell me I look 15 years younger, so I think I'll keep using these Badescu products!

To Read all 63 Reviews, Login or Join

Product:
Bought it to see if it would help calm/diminish my pimples but honestly, after trying it for 3-4 weeks, although refreshing, it did nothing for my skin, I saw no improvement and I think that it actually made me develop more whiteheads. I see that it works very very well for some people but unfortunately, didn't do the trick for me

Price:
For the price of around 23AUD here in australia, I find for such a 'simple' product, it is extremely pricey, especially since it doesnt work for me, so definitely not worth the money for me

Packaging:
The packaging of this product was quite nice albeit the (borderline) useless product, but that doesnt really amount to much

Great for an occasional second cleanse at night if/when I wear heavier makeup. Refreshing. Also use it as a mid-day cooling benefit on hot, humid days. Love MB.

A gentle but zip zapping toner. Recommended!

on 5/29/2015 6:25:00 AM

LOVE THIS SO MUCH! I'm a young teen who's been trying to get rid of acne for years.. My skin has never looked so good after using this! GET THIS IF YOU HAVE ACNE! it's the best thing i've ever used for my acne.. most of my spots have diminished and stayed gone and i'm so happy!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got this product to help with my oily skin and breakout I was having. After the first use some of my breakouts were gone and my skin felt nice and clean, and I felt like this would be a great product for me. A few days later my chin and cheeks begin itching nothing terrible and I didn't have a rash or anything so I really didn't think anything of it. A few days after the itching began, it got worse every time I touch my cheek or chin I felt like I need to dig into them just to relieve the itching. The only redness was from the scratching and it wasn't until I got a magnifying mirror that I saw these tiny little raised bumps all over my chin and cheeks. I looked at the ingredients and this contains Nonoxynol-9, which I feel contributed to the itching, as it is also used in shaving cream and I cant use shaving cream for the same reason. As much as I liked the product helping clear my skin I couldn't deal with the allergic reaction and immediately stopped using this. If you are interested in this product try purchasing a small size and test it out first so you don't have the same reaction I did.

on 3/28/2015 9:22:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I love this toner! I was surprised to read reviews that say it smells bad; I personally LOVE the smell. I love using it just to get to smell it!! It's very refreshing on my skin and it makes my face feel clean & ready to take on the world

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

not for me... i noticed this has a very strong perfume/baby powder scent mixed with the smell of rubbing alcohol. the alcohol in it feels too harsh for me, so i prefer MB's other toners without alcohol in them.

on 1/7/2015 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this toner. It's quickly become one of my holy grail beauty products. It does have alcohol in it, but it's the only toner I've found so far that actually adds moisture back to my skin after I cleanse at night. The smell was a little off-putting at first, it smells a little grandmotherly but I got used to it after using it for a while. It does not burn at all when I put it on my skin, and I found that when using it in the morning my skin is less oily over the course of the day. Also, my foundation goes on much smoother when using it. It has disinfecting properties which is great for people with oily or acne-prone skin, because it works to prevent the bacteria that contributes to acne.

The packaging is pretty basic, it's just a plastic bottle. For the price ($15 for 8 oz.), it can't be beat.