Almay Whipped Lipgloss in Raisin Glow

No Image

4.1

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Received this a stocking stuffer, I believe....I'm just now gettin around to reviewing it, lol. I love the brush applicator, and the color of this gloss is beautiful.

on 12/30/2005 4:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

A wonderful drugstore lipgloss with the quality of a highend product. I bought Raisin Glow for less than three dollars at Cosmetics Warehouse, but I'll gladly repurchase it at full price if I need to. Wearable color, subtle shimmer, smooth consistency, clean simple packaging with a clever brush applicator... what more can I add to the praise that other reviewers have given?!

on 8/10/2005 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I'm in love with this gloss !!! It's much more of a muted raisinish mauve on my already darkly pigmented lips. I believe I've found my HG lipgloss. It's light, long lasting & I love the brush applicator. It's the perfect almost nude color for me.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really like this, except it's a little too brown for me, but I've only worn it a couple of times, on the account of the fact that it's my mom's. lol. The color is pretty on her, but it just washes me out. love the formula and the applicator.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I received Raisin Glow in a swap. I love the brush applicator, love the consistency, and love the color. It goes on lighter than you'd expect...it's a very natural, pretty color. As for the minty smell? At first I thought it was medicinal and awful, but after wearing it a few times, I really love it. It gives your lips a bit of a tingle.

This is a very nice lipgloss, not really a raisin color. I guess you could call it a toned down raisin, more a light plummy color, very natural looking. Nothing garish or loud about this one. My other whipped glosses turned into a funky smell but thus far, this one has not turned. It's not a heavy or sticky gloss either. Would definitely repurchase this one.

on 12/3/2004 7:24:00 AM

I picked this up on an impulse last night. This is a medium plummy-brown shade w/shimmer, quite pretty actually. Usually raisin shade lipsticks are much darker and unflattering on me. The texture is wonderful...very silky and creamy....hydrating rather than drying. This is my first day testing this, but so far staying power is decent too. I would definitely repurchase and also will check out more Almay Whipped Liplosses in other shades.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love this stuff! It's a medium pinkish brown with shimmer- not as dark as most "raisin" colors tend to be. The texture is amazing...makes my lips really silky. I have a sensitive nose, but the mint is barely noticeable and does fade quickly. Average staying power, but it makes my lips feel softer after I wear it. Really love this stuff!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I LOVE THIS LIPGLOSS! Raisin Glow is my favorite out of all the Whipped Glosses. It's a beautiful purple-brown shade that blends well with my natural lip color to give me a YLBB shade. These glosses are very smooth, and while everyone claims they're unscented mine seems to smell like mint almost. I love it! Also the applicator is a brush, not sponge-tip, which is an even better plus!

on 11/12/2004 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

This is a decent DS gloss that is sheerer and not as pigmented as I'd prefer but nonetheless gives me a subtle browned-rose glow to my lips. The minty smell/taste is subtle and wears off quickly. I really like the brush style applicator - they're like the Bourjois 3D or MAC Lustreglass applicators. I didn't know that there were any DS glosses that had these.
The wear on this is a bit below average - I find the colour fades down or wears off within 30 minutes on me.
I might repurchase this shade but can't see going with any colour lighter than this, despite my super-pale skin, because I have unpigmented lips and I prefer a gloss that imparts definite colour. continued >>