Escada Island Kiss (Vintage)

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
Escada Island Kiss (Vintage)

4.5

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This product, like every other Escada perfume I've ever tried, has one of two reactions on my skin: it smells close to the actual fragrance in the bottle, and only lasts 15-45 minutes; it smells like some god-awful musky, dank, dusty, coconut-sitting-in-the-gutter odor and makes me sneeze and cough relentlessly, which is followed by moderate nasal congestion for a day. Because of this, I've had a love-hate relationship with Island Kiss, as I'd always love the way it smelled in the bottle or in the air, but it would morph into something nasty on my skin. I couldn't pay full price for this item because I was afraid that the funk monster would come out of the bottle, but since it's now being sold at places like TJ Maxx, I figured it's worth the $20. What I've found is that if I spray it in my hair, my allergies don't get weird and the smell stays true--which is great, because I do like the way it smells. Unfortunately, I still cannot stand the bottle design. Sweet glorious crap! I have half a mind to create a bottle cozy for this one, as the original bottle just makes me want to call Britney Spears and ask her if she needs inspiration for a new line of ...something, because this bottle is surely up her alley.

on 3/21/2004 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This fragrance makes me realize how much I need a vacation. Its has an fruit tropical scent that smells good enough to eat. The bottle is gorgeous also.

Popular Fragrances