Escada Island Kiss (Vintage)

Filtered by age: 44-55
Escada Island Kiss (Vintage)

2.5

on 12/4/2012 8:20:00 AM

I've loved this scent going back to when i first got into perfumes and wearing fragrances. I loved the smell so much but i couldnt bring myself at the time to wear it since it was a "womens" scnet. Those days are long gone and i now wear the scents i want to wear and I am now wearing Island Kiss like i had always wanted to in the beginning. Island Kiss is such a happy go lucky type of scent with its realistic notes of island fruits like mangos, kiwis and bananas. Island Kiss just feels like frolicking on some carribean beach gathering fruits. The scent also smells wet if you know what i mean. Wet like the shimmering ocean. Towards the end of the scent it smells something woody....maybe driftwood and that note would be the end to a perfect scent story.

on 3/10/2006 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Why do all Escada scents smell the same ? If you travel a lot and go through Duty Free, there are so many different Escada scents with names like Hippy and Island Kiss but they all smell identical .

Very boring and very "same old ,same old ". I want individuality and Island Kiss offers nothing but light, sweet and frothy insubstantiality (is that actually a word do you think?) My twelve year old loves it so luckilly my purchase was not wasted; but grown up girls need more "oomph" from their scent.

on 3/4/2006 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Yum, yum, yum.....beach, summer, suntan, girly, funky, sweet, fruity, fresh. Love this one - my daughter wears it and I sneak a spray of hers now and then and it takes me back.......... Oh and the bottle is a keepsake too.

I don't own this, I just tried it in the store. But I had to report on my experience:

At first I really liked it. It seemed like a great fruity summer scent. But a minute later, all I could smell was the most aggressive - no, ABRASIVE pineapple. Like mugger pineapple or something.

Definitely not for me!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My first thoughts were 'murdered pinapple'..? A bit strong, can be nausiating, but bearable in the summer if sprayed with a light hand. Cannot see anyone wearing this anywhere but to the beach.

on 3/24/2004 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Passionfruit cordial. That's EXACTLY what this smells like! It smells exactly like I opened a passionfruit and added sugar. Not impressed, don't want to smell like food.

on 1/24/2004 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is not a scent for me. I wasn't particularly crazy about it as soon as I put it on. I smelled like mango and pineapple. After a while almost all that was left was the pineapple smell. I love Sexy Graffiti and Ibiza Hippie. But I really don't care for this one.

I couldn't wait to try this, but when I did I was very disappointed. To my nose, it smells exactly like the syrup in Dole canned tropical fruit salad - heavy on the mango and pineapple, with nothing to balance it out. I didn't catch any of the floral notes at all. The SA at Nordstrom even admitted that she's getting a lot of negative feedback on it.
I guess I better stock up on Ibiza Hippie which I absolutely adore.