REVLON Super Lustrous Lipgloss - Nude Lustre [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Straight
REVLON Super Lustrous Lipgloss - Nude Lustre [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Diisostearyl Malate, Polyethylene, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Serica (Silk Powder), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Methylparaben, Benzoic Acid, Propylparaben, BHT, May Contain (+/-):, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica, Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake (CI 15985), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 33 (CI 17200), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), FIL

on 8/15/2013 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

It doesn't look too impressive in the tube, but the color on my lips with my NC 20 complexion is gorgeous. The texture is quite nice, not overly sticky or oily, and lasts quite long for a gloss that feels actually nice. I'd say about 3-4 hours on me. The scent is pleasant, a lightly vanilla smell, and it's tasteless so far as I can tell. This gloss doesn't give you that string lip gloss look even if you put on a lot (which isn't needed anyways because it had pretty good pigmentation) and the packaging is pretty expensive and sophisticated looking. I got this online for about $3 and it spilled a little during shipping, but that's the only time i haven't noticed any further spilling even tho I basically throw it everywhere. This gloss can without a doubt achieve and keep that wet look for ur lips and it's such a versatile shade, my friend who's like NC 35 tried this on and it looked great on her too. It's just an all around great gloss and this shade especially is just amazing. Its appropriate to wear everyday to school or work or it could look great with a smokey eye over a nude lipstick. This goes well over almost all my lipsticks too. I'd recommend this to anyone and have repurchased. I'm on my second one of these.

on 9/4/2012 9:56:00 PM

I have deeply pigmented lips. I put this on very thinly, knowing that it goes goopy on dark lips. I thought it was under control. Imagine to my horror, after helping some customers at work, I look in the mirror and see it all migrated to the inside of my mouth, leaving that nasty white filmy crap on my lips. NOT ACCEPTABLE!

Threw this out right after. DO NOT buy if you have naturally dark lips. Price is only good when purchased on sale.

on 8/15/2012 7:18:00 PM

This would work on some people. I am not one of those people.

I am very pale, with very pigmented lips. This was AWFUL. It looked like a sheer, muddy brown on me. If you're my color and want a nude, go for something more on the peachy-pink side with no brown or orange.

on 5/20/2012 11:28:00 AM

Really love this! Have to agree with other reviews that it is
1. Good for medium/olive skin
2. Clings to dry flakes on lips
3. Mosturising
I love this! My first nude lip product as well, since I usually go for darker lip colours. Accentuates natural colour of the lips as it isn't opaque, but sheer. xx

on 2/16/2012 4:18:00 PM

Like other very fair ladies stated, this is a fantastic nude that looks absolutely beautiful with my blonde hair & blue eyes. It took me yeeeears to get into anything nude because a lot of nude lippies make me look lifeless. Nude Lustre inspires me to explore nudes even further. I want 10 of these, so that I never run out, and that's big for me to say about a lipstick and/or gloss. Thank you to YT guru emilynoel83 for the suggestion on this and the color Foiled which , btw, looks amazing applied the lower lip (lower edge) over a lipstick to give the illusion of a plumper lip. Yes, it does create the illusion, and does it quite well, I might add!

on 1/16/2012 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I usually steer away from nude colors because they make me look dead. I'm NW15, probably even a little lighter in the winter. I bought this with a lot of hesitation but it ended up being an awesome surprise. The color is neutral but warm, so it doesn't wash me out and make me look sickly, so if you're pale and tired of pink, this is a great shade. Also, the super lustrous formula is amazing, so even if this isn't your type of shade, you should still check it out because they're great. Lastly, I love the packaging. The black cap is very sleek and makes this look more expensive than the few dollars I spent. Definitely worthy of a re-buy.

on 10/26/2011 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this lipgloss! I've been in search of a brand new nude gloss ever since my HG Red Earth gloss in Milk Way was discontinued and nothing even came close till I found this!
Amazing pinkish nude with gold flex, though I did find it a little bit sticky/tacky and it's not a sheer as I thought, but that's no problem with me.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

ROP for lip swatches/FOTDs ++

Overall: This is my favorite, go-to, HG MLBB gloss that I think would work on almost everyone. The texture, pigmentation, color, application, and packaging are all 5 star worthy. For ref, I'm an NC30 asian with fairly pigmented lips.

Color: This is a beautifully simple mlbb pinky brown natural shade that is semi-opaque with very very fine,. gentle shimmer that is usually not visible except under direct sunlight. The shimmer helps give this color that extra dimension that really makes this gloss stand out. The finish is not too glossy but just enough to add some shine to your lips.

Application/Longevity: This gloss applies beautifully. It goes on smoothly, is lightweight and not at all sticky, and is fairly moisturizing. It lasts about 3 hours on my lips which, considering it is a non-sticky gloss, is a pretty good wear time.

Packaging: This gloss has by far the best packaging out of any drugstore l/g, and definitely looks better than MAC and other ME/HE glosses. It is classy, sleek, and most of all, functional. The doe-foot is the perfect size to precisely apply lipgloss, even without a mirror.

sheerly

continued >>

on 8/9/2011 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

For warmer skin tones, this is a foolproof nude color with a non-sticky (okay, maybe just a touch tacky) formula. It's semi-sheer, so a good amount of your natural lip color will show through, but the pigment will brighten and smooth out your pout.

It has a shimmer in the tube that isn't really noticeable on the lips, though I've convinced myself that it helps make lip lines less noticeable.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I am NC 35. Love this color. It is a gorgeous nude lipgloss. Would recommend.