REVLON Super Lustrous Lipgloss - Nude Lustre [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
REVLON Super Lustrous Lipgloss - Nude Lustre [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Diisostearyl Malate, Polyethylene, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Serica (Silk Powder), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Methylparaben, Benzoic Acid, Propylparaben, BHT, May Contain (+/-):, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica, Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake (CI 15985), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 33 (CI 17200), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), FIL

on 8/15/2013 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

It doesn't look too impressive in the tube, but the color on my lips with my NC 20 complexion is gorgeous. The texture is quite nice, not overly sticky or oily, and lasts quite long for a gloss that feels actually nice. I'd say about 3-4 hours on me. The scent is pleasant, a lightly vanilla smell, and it's tasteless so far as I can tell. This gloss doesn't give you that string lip gloss look even if you put on a lot (which isn't needed anyways because it had pretty good pigmentation) and the packaging is pretty expensive and sophisticated looking. I got this online for about $3 and it spilled a little during shipping, but that's the only time i haven't noticed any further spilling even tho I basically throw it everywhere. This gloss can without a doubt achieve and keep that wet look for ur lips and it's such a versatile shade, my friend who's like NC 35 tried this on and it looked great on her too. It's just an all around great gloss and this shade especially is just amazing. Its appropriate to wear everyday to school or work or it could look great with a smokey eye over a nude lipstick. This goes well over almost all my lipsticks too. I'd recommend this to anyone and have repurchased. I'm on my second one of these.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I cannot believe I have'nt written a review for this amazing lipgloss. Its a nice peachy pinky tan shade on my NC50 pigmented lips. Only lipgloss I can wear without feeling tacky. I do not like drawing attention to my lips when I am at work so this is perfect for that. It is moisturizing and I do not mind the smell.
I bought this one before it was all hypoed over on YT and the blogosphere and still in love with it. One of the items I will repurchase over and over again.

I'll be honest & admit that Nude Lustre isn't my favorite shade. I was hoping it'd be a darker, more natural cousin of Revlon's SL Peach Petal that I love so much. However on my lips, this stuff really lives up to it's nude name.

The shade is a peachy brown. It doesn't have pink undertones like I thought I saw in the bottle. & it's almost my lip shade...yet so nudey-brown that it clashes. Perhaps if I adjusted the rest of my make up's coloring I could rock this gloss. But until then... I'll say this: Revlon Super Lustrous Glosses are the most moisturizing, pigmented lip glosses I've ever bought. They are favored in my book over higher end brands any day!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

For reference, I wear foundation shade NC42-45 with pigmented lips.
It's a sheer pink beigey nude,not the a concealer nude but more of a healthy nude. Beautiful shade that I can wear alone or over lipstick. It's one of those neutral shades that can work for everyone. It has very finely milled shimmers that are not chunky or barely noticeable. The only reason I don't grab for this as much is the fact that it has shimmer in it. I think they should make available this shade and one without any shimmer. Everyone would love that. The texture is slightly sticky and runny and does transfer easily. These do need reapplied depending on how much you drink ect. These are a very great deal with bogo sales. I would probably still repurchase with the barely noticeable shimmer. I also like the tube since it wont roll around.

on 12/21/2011 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

A nice peachy-pink colour that enhances my original lip colour. Yet, the formula is too glossy and thick for my liking. I felt like I had clownish lips when I wore this. Hence, 2 stars down. One for being thick and a tad sticky, another for making my lips look unnatural.

Lasts 2.5h but for the gritty texture, I will not repurchase! Also, I love to try out other glosses. A good drugstore option though.

EDIT 23rd April 2012:
I tried this on again and realised that maybe I was applyint too much the other time! This time round, I fell deeply in love with Nude Lustre (and Toast To Shine) and loved how it is a MLBB lipgloss that does not look overdone with applied in light layers. Definitely school-appropriate. For its price point, I would choose this over high-end lipglosses (think BeneFit) any day. I can see that with the packaging, it would not leak and it looks so classy and unbelievably chic for a drugstore buy. Definitely going to get these in other shades, can't wait! Upgrading to 4 stars. One star down because it is not very accessible in my country anymore. :(

on 12/8/2011 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Gorgeous nude gloss, not sticky but super glossy and fairly pigmented for a nude. It looks good alone but looks better over the top of a nude lippie or any shade, really. Even looks good over my tinted lip balm. LOVE. Will repurchase, and will venture out to other colours!

on 11/14/2011 12:41:00 PM

This lip gloss is my current love, the formula is nice; as non sticky as is possible for a gloss yet nice and moisturising. The colour looks by no means 'nude' on me though. Swatched it is a beautiful pale brown toned peach, but over my super pigmented lips it comes out pretty dark verging on a subtle red. This is also due to my albino fair complexion so this is just a heads up if you are pale and looking for a nude- this isn't it! That being said it is a very nice colour and I have been wearing it every opportunity I have had. Would definitely recommend!

I am love this gloss! It's very shiny, and has a beatiful rosy tone to it! It's definitely not a true "dead" looking nude, which I like, but it's still wearable with a smokey eye or something dramatic. I think it would flatter so many skin tones. BUY THIS, you won't regret it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Nude lustre is the best color for me!! I can wear it alone without scared of being too pale, gives nude lipstick more color or to tone down the bright lipstick if you put it over them. Very versatile and the formulation is just right, not too sticky nor too liquid-y. I have finished my first tube and will buy for my 2nd.. Love it!! <3

Pros:
Very opaque
True to colour
Nice packaging
Cheap

Cons:
sooooo sticky. If i have my hair down, this always gets in my mouth.
funny plasticky taste, yuck

I probably wouldn't purchase again, there are better ones out there.