REVLON Super Lustrous Lipgloss - Nude Lustre [DISCONTINUED]

REVLON Super Lustrous Lipgloss - Nude Lustre [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Diisostearyl Malate, Polyethylene, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Serica (Silk Powder), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Methylparaben, Benzoic Acid, Propylparaben, BHT, May Contain (+/-):, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica, Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake (CI 15985), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 33 (CI 17200), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), FIL

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is a sheer peachy/nude with slight building power. Absolutely gorgeous shade that I can wear alone or over lipstick. I like to pair it with Super Lustrous Cream lipstick in Blushing Nude for a great mlbb look. Definite repurchase. PPP/cool undertones, NW15

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Please click continued for a swatch

I was actually looking for a lipgloss that would create a mlbb look but this one probably has a little bit too much peach in it and made it like peachy beige on my lips. Note that this is less pinkish as in the pic as I applied the lip gloss sheerly when I took the pic. The good thing is that this is a lovely colour that won't wash me out. This lipgloss is decently pigmented and moisturizing. Texture is nice, not very sticky but definitely not runny. Stays on pretty well; maybe 3 hours w/o eating or drinking as I lick my lips unconsciously most of the time. However, this has fine silvery shimmer in the tube, which I don't really like them in my lip stuffs. Fortunately, it isn't gritty at all. The other thing I am not too happy with is the smell with the lipgloss. Luckily it goes away when on lips or I don't think I will bother to think to repurchase or not.

I am actually surprised by this lipgloss as I usually have bad luck with most d/s brands. I probably will try more colours from this line esp it's so cheap when it's on sale!

continued >>

on 9/4/2012 9:56:00 PM

I have deeply pigmented lips. I put this on very thinly, knowing that it goes goopy on dark lips. I thought it was under control. Imagine to my horror, after helping some customers at work, I look in the mirror and see it all migrated to the inside of my mouth, leaving that nasty white filmy crap on my lips. NOT ACCEPTABLE!

Threw this out right after. DO NOT buy if you have naturally dark lips. Price is only good when purchased on sale.

on 4/4/2011 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

For reference, I wear foundation shade NC35-40 in MAC with pigmented lips.

Color - It's a sheer peach-pink nude with barely noticeable shimmer. It evens out my natural lip color and makes it look more alive and healthy. It's pigmented enough to alter other colors underneath it but not so much that you end up with something totally different. I think of it as a translucent tint. If you are familiar with MAC's Cremesheenglass, this is the older and more

Texture and wear - This is very smooth and non-sticky but lasts longer than other glosses with similar texture. However, since it's a little more runny than other glosses, it transfers quickly when I drink and eat.

Smell and taste - No noticeable scent unless you hold the wand really near your nose. Even then it's a very very faint (but synthetic) flowery-vanilla scent. Like you'll smell it only if you look for a smell. :P

Price and value - A whole lot cheaper than MAC (about half the price where I live) but I find that I like it better due to it's texture.

Overall - For a cream/matte lip lover, this one bowled me over and I'm now considering looking into the other shades available. :) Wish they'd expand the selection and I'd forget all about MAC's extreme LE hyping for these cheaper but better alternatives!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I cannot believe I have'nt written a review for this amazing lipgloss. Its a nice peachy pinky tan shade on my NC50 pigmented lips. Only lipgloss I can wear without feeling tacky. I do not like drawing attention to my lips when I am at work so this is perfect for that. It is moisturizing and I do not mind the smell.
I bought this one before it was all hypoed over on YT and the blogosphere and still in love with it. One of the items I will repurchase over and over again.

on 7/5/2013 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

One of my favorites. My go to gloss. Love how it looks with my complexion. Perfect nude for brown skinned women

on 2/16/2012 4:18:00 PM

Like other very fair ladies stated, this is a fantastic nude that looks absolutely beautiful with my blonde hair & blue eyes. It took me yeeeears to get into anything nude because a lot of nude lippies make me look lifeless. Nude Lustre inspires me to explore nudes even further. I want 10 of these, so that I never run out, and that's big for me to say about a lipstick and/or gloss. Thank you to YT guru emilynoel83 for the suggestion on this and the color Foiled which , btw, looks amazing applied the lower lip (lower edge) over a lipstick to give the illusion of a plumper lip. Yes, it does create the illusion, and does it quite well, I might add!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is my favorite lip gloss! I like it even better than MAC Lustreglasses, which I thought were the best things ever until I found Revlon's Super Lustrous glosses. I've been on a quest to save some money, so as well as carefully considering what I buy, I've also been delving more into drugstore brands. Unfortunately, so many of them animal test! So nearly my only options are Revlon, Almay, Jane and Physician's Formula.

Nude Lustre is a perfect, well, nude. It leans on the warmer pink side, so this is NOT a "concealer" nude. For me, it's a great M.L.B.B. color. I wear it most days and it's perfect for school and work! (I hate looking overly made up during the day... I'm quite the minimalist.)

The texture of the Super Lustrous line is all right. It's thick, and not sticky. I don't like the smell (possibly the one area where MAC has them beaten) but I appreciate the SPF 15 and the lasting power. Depending on where you get them, the price can be as low as five bucks, or as high as eight.

on 1/8/2010 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Love this - one of my go tos when no other colour looks right - Revlon dont ever stop making this product!

on 10/18/2013 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely love Revlon Nude Lustre Lipgloss and I am really sad is was discontinued recently. The color shade is perfect peachy pink nude that looks great on my NC30 complexion. The formula is not sticky and it stays put for several hours. I'm now scouting amazon and ebay for backups of this HG product.