Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss - Nude Lustre [DISCONTINUED]

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss - Nude Lustre [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Diisostearyl Malate, Polyethylene, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Serica (Silk Powder), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Methylparaben, Benzoic Acid, Propylparaben, BHT, May Contain (+/-):, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica, Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake (CI 15985), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 33 (CI 17200), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), FIL

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Overall, I am just loving these glosses! Kudos to Revlon -- this is a fantastic product!

Of the 4 I picked up, this is probably my least favorite, and I say that ONLY because I tend to favor brownish shades more, and this shade is a bit more pink than I'm used to. Nude Lustre is a peachy pink nude in the YLBB family with very slight shimmer. When applied to my pigmented lips, the shade becomes a glaze that enhances the natural color of my lips (so if you don't have a lot of pigment to begin with, this shade will show up much more on you).

There are TEN shades of these glosses ($6.99 USD each), and they all look fantastic! They range in shades from a sheer lilac with shimmer laced throughout it (but I'm betting it applies practically clear), to some pinks/roses/plums, a raisin, and a few nudes/browns (yay). The applicator is a doefoot wand (not a brush), they all apply sheerer than they appear, are slightly tacky (inbetween, say, CG WetSlicks & MAC Lipglasses - a happy medium), and the scent isn't offensive at all (can't figure out what it is, but it's definitely not bothersome at all). The staying power of these overall is actually very good, too! Definitely worth taking a look at -- I'm thrilled that I found these!

on 12/18/2003 8:57:00 AM

Very gorgeous gloss. First of all, I have to say I think Revlon is targeting MAC glosses!! These are very similar to me, right down to the faint vanilla scent!! They are not as thin as Delux glosses, yet not nearly as tacky as BB & Stila. They last quite awhile on your lips & so far the shades I have tried are so GORGEOUS! Nude lustre on me is a nude-pinky-rose w/ no shimmer, but tons of shine. Very pretty everyday or work color for the gloss-lovers on this board! BIG FAT RAVE here! ;)

on 12/18/2003 8:11:00 PM

OMG, I love this lipgloss! Revlon's new Super Lustrous lipgloss reminds me of Chanel Glossmier. Similar packaging the lipgloss itself has similar texture, not sticky. It has my fav doefoot applicator. Nude Lustre gives me this beautiful YLBB shade, perfect for everyday. And with the $2 off coupons, you really have nothing to lose.

on 12/22/2003 9:40:00 AM

Bought this on the weekend at my local Wal-Mart for about $8.00 CAD.
I had purchased Pearl Plum & Cherries in the Glow earlier in the week after walking by the display @ WM I decided to buy another one and chose Nude Lustre. This is a very pretty Nude color, one of those YLBB glosses.
This on me is a peachy pink w/ no shimmer. The texture of these glosses definitely compare to those of the Chanel Glossimers. I am Asian and a MAC C3 w/ dark hair & eyes.

on 12/22/2003 5:05:00 PM

This a really pretty YLBB color for most. Unfortunately, its the same exact color as my lips. Its like a clear gloss on me.

this is my new favourite lipgloss!!!!! i love it

on 12/23/2003 2:53:00 PM

I love this gloss. It is the perfect YLBB shade for me. There is no nasty smell and the texture is just right. I even like the rectangular tube. It's easier to locate in the bottom of my purse. I would like a brush instead of a sponge tip applicator but that is the only thing I would change.

on 12/24/2003 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love the color and texture of Super Lustrous lip gloss. shiny, not sticky, but it really lasts. Nude lustre is a gorgeous color, one of the only nudes that has ever worked for me. This one does smell a bit stronger than Cherries in the Glow (a bit stronger of an orange scent.) What a bargain... it's like a glossimer for less than half the price!

I got the sweetest lady to CP me one for my friend as a Christmas present...and after I saw the color I knew I had to have one. I looked all over town for a few days, and the display in the grocery store had ONE left..this one :) Nude Lustre is a gorgeous creamy peachy-pinkish brown nude, that goes with almost every color I own. I love the texture, but theres a SMALL taste/smell that I cant pinpoint..it bothers me a bit, but not enough to keep me from using the gloss. I want to try out Raisin Glaze and Pink Afterglow next..maybe even Toast to Shine. Revlon should most definatly keep these around, they're excellent.

on 12/26/2003 7:21:00 PM

I just found my new favorite lip gloss!!! The color is gorgeous and so natural--absolutely perfect for everyday. It has a substantial feel to it too, so it doesn't slide off your lips after 5 minutes. But my favorite part by far is THE PACKAGING! So sophisticated and un-"Bonne Bell." Revlon, thank you!!