Frederic Malle L'Eau d'Hiver

No Image

1 review

on 5/27/2016 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I've been on the hunt for a new signature scent and was intrigued by Frederic Malle's line, thanks to numerous beauty editors and fragrance sites that rave about the artistry and quality. This is the fourth FM scent I have tried(started with Carnal Flower; Eau de Magnolia; En Passant) and now L'eau D'hiver. On my skin the first spritz is very springy and green. I get where other reviews say this is an icy fragrance, but that iciness is fleeting. This to me is FM's softest fragrance, it reminds me a bit of Annick Goutal's Eau de Ciel and the drydown of Prada's Iris perfume. I get a huge whiff of baby powder or Johnson & Johnson's baby shampoo or the pink Oil of Olay lotion. It's innocent and gentle but still has a grown up woman sensibility to it. It's very comforting and wearable. I first wore this fragrance to bed and had memories of nursing my baby. To me, LDH is the scent of a baby and a mother. It is soothing, ethereal and just lovely. I will say there is a note that I do find a bit cloying-not sure if this is the hedione. Overall, it's a fragrance that is growing me- still deciding if this is the one, but it's certainly a contender.

Popular Fragrances