Frederic Malle L'Eau d'Hiver

Filtered by hair type : Other
No Image

3.5

on 8/8/2011 1:01:00 PM

This is absolutely a emotionally charged scent for me. Though subtle it evolves beautifully . Salty and slightly peppery to begin becoming slightlycrunchy with white powder- yes, like fresh snow ....onwards into a slightly sweet skin scent . Heliptrope and iris stand out on me with veyr light hints of honey. It's warm and cold ,clean and reminds me of expensive soap . Very beautiful . It has surprising tenacity for a light scent . A versatile scent and signature scent worthy. I hope this is never ever discontinued.
Whereas Apres L'ondee is melancholic, L'eau d'Hiver is just wistful and dreamy.

on 7/3/2011 10:34:00 AM

The top notes are sheer JCE style which appeals to me. Too bad the powder murdered all hope I had of enjoying this.

on 3/11/2011 9:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Like a slightly peppery version of Blanc, in that it's a cool sheer floral perfect for summer. Smooth and somehow white, like softly musk scented soap. It's rather lovely if very sheer, and I don't get the dreaded powdery notes at all.

on 2/21/2011 8:24:00 PM

L'Eau d'Hiver is a skin scent that starts with bergamont and then decends into white powderiness. Initially, I feared that it would be too floral for me, but the honey and musk balance the forals beautifully.

I am crazy about the dry down, when L'Eau d'Hiver seems to become about skin.It is a beautifully executed abstract, a delicate white powdered sweetness that combines with the skin.

L'Eau d'Hiver is said to be inspired by Apres l'Ondee. Both fragrances are the delicate and shy type. This makes L 'Eau d'Hiver a great fragrance for any situation where you do not want major sillage, and any situation where you want your skin to seem very special.

on 9/30/2010 1:17:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

This fragrance starts out smelling like an anthropomorphic cartoon flower (like the ones in Alice in Wonderland) chewing a piece of Chiclet gum. Then suddenly I smell nothing at all, as if the gum-chewing cartoon flower was just vaporized by the Invisible Man. This fragrance is really nothing special--especially for the price. I thought it was just my chemistry, but other reviewers are saying the same thing.

on 9/29/2010 12:53:00 AM

This is a very light fragrance but something in it annoys me, its smells like a very soft verbena although I see that's not actually a note. Anyway this is just blah for me.

on 8/10/2010 11:21:00 PM

Well... there had to be one. A complete bust. Ellena is human, turns out, and has bad days. Cloying synthetic powder without any of his signature transparence (and I speak of one who is never without a bottle of Cologne Bigarade, and finished 2 big bottles of Angeliques sous La Pluie). Cloying yet utterly insipid. Pee-ew. A scrubber.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Very, very well executed Iris.
It is really weird how it changes is worn in cold or warm temperatures!
When it's cool outside, I get a powdery, cool iris, quite fleeting but sophisticated and classy at the same time.
In summer, I get a much warmer scent.There is honey & caramel, and an herbal note like chamomile tea!
Staying power in enhanced in warm weather. The flowers is it, besides iris, blossom amplified and you'll recognize a warm and powdery heliotrope, some carnation (very mild) and a warm jasmine.
A perfect soft floral-powdery composition... sheet a perhaps a bit fleeting, but I very well understand why it is loved by so many!
Get a sample!

______
notes
white heliotrope, bergamot, angelica, iris, hawthorn, jasmine, carnation, caramel, musk, and honey.

I loath expensive fragrances that do not have lasting power. D'hiver is good for about 1-2 hours. Definately honey sweet. Does not seem to change much on my skin. It goes from being really sweet to nothing at all.

on 10/17/2007 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Absolute heaven. Heading for a decant as soon as possible. I get a really strong fresh cut and dried hay scent. I use to help bale hay when I was growing up and it comes through clearly on me. Wonderful!

Popular Fragrances