Frederic Malle L'Eau d'Hiver

No Image

4.1

on 5/27/2016 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I've been on the hunt for a new signature scent and was intrigued by Frederic Malle's line, thanks to numerous beauty editors and fragrance sites that rave about the artistry and quality. This is the fourth FM scent I have tried(started with Carnal Flower; Eau de Magnolia; En Passant) and now L'eau D'hiver. On my skin the first spritz is very springy and green. I get where other reviews say this is an icy fragrance, but that iciness is fleeting. This to me is FM's softest fragrance, it reminds me a bit of Annick Goutal's Eau de Ciel and the drydown of Prada's Iris perfume. I get a huge whiff of baby powder or Johnson & Johnson's baby shampoo or the pink Oil of Olay lotion. It's innocent and gentle but still has a grown up woman sensibility to it. It's very comforting and wearable. I first wore this fragrance to bed and had memories of nursing my baby. To me, LDH is the scent of a baby and a mother. It is soothing, ethereal and just lovely. I will say there is a note that I do find a bit cloying-not sure if this is the hedione. Overall, it's a fragrance that is growing me- still deciding if this is the one, but it's certainly a contender.

on 7/3/2011 10:34:00 AM

The top notes are sheer JCE style which appeals to me. Too bad the powder murdered all hope I had of enjoying this.

I love this, on me its a beautiful soft creamy almondy floral very subtle and sophisticated. Its a very comforting cosy snuggly type fragrance great for any season. This is one that I will buy a big bottle of.

on 3/6/2008 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

a wonderful,tender,warm scent :it is like a cachemire scarf...very elegant and classy even if the sillage is just 3 hours i think i could wear it everyday ...a very comforting scent,a nother winner from j.c. ellena!!

on 10/17/2007 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Absolute heaven. Heading for a decant as soon as possible. I get a really strong fresh cut and dried hay scent. I use to help bale hay when I was growing up and it comes through clearly on me. Wonderful!

Iris and vanilla. Love it!

on 10/11/2005 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Very strong at first spritz - I recoiled a bit from the sharpness. Very marine and peppery opening - bordering on masculine. This quickly changes on my skin from strong and sharp, to subtle and powdery. The notes I get are grass, pepper, talc, and something that reminds me of the inside of a florist's shop - like wet, fresh flowers. It's quite pretty on the drydown...it's almost like Annick Goutal's Mandragore, but better and stronger. When I'm repeatedly sniffing my wrist after trying a fragrance ,it's a good sign :D I'd recommend to wait this one out when trying it for the first time. It changes dramatically. I'd consider purchasing a full sized bottle.

on 9/15/2005 3:52:00 PM

This one was all baby powder on me. It reminded me of diapers and that's just not something I want to smell like. I think a whiff of cucumber was coming through in the end, but I couldn't stick it out to see where this fragrance was going. Definitely not what I was expecting. Winter, my foot. I have no idea whose winter this smells like, but I'm glad it's not mine.

on 5/1/2005 12:36:00 PM

I fell so deeply in love with the 5ml sample, I purchased the 3.4 oz bottle direct from Paris. This is the most delicious scent. I get the musk about 1-2 hours into it. The jasmine is not detected because I HATE jasmine. It is so well blended and perfect for anything.

on 3/4/2005 2:34:00 PM

This is so delectable, I received this as an extra and I've fallen in love completely with it. Its a very gentle fragrance, the combination of heliotrope and honey really softens this scent. I absolutely love water scent and this is no exceptation, I will be ordering a full bottle of this as soon as I can :)