Frederic Malle L'Eau d'Hiver

No Image

on 9/30/2011 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

L'Eau d'Hiver was love at first whiff. One of the best fragrances available. Soft, comforting, sweet, floral, light, classy, well-behaved, stays close to the body. Almost rosy and violet-like although rose and violet are not among the official notes. Absolutely gorgeous. Amazing. A masterpiece. My only reservation is that the chems bother the back of my throat, burn my nose a tad, and give me a slight headache (unusual), so I'm not sure I could wear this personally, but I'd be enthralled by anyone else wearing it.

on 2/21/2011 8:24:00 PM

L'Eau d'Hiver is a skin scent that starts with bergamont and then decends into white powderiness. Initially, I feared that it would be too floral for me, but the honey and musk balance the forals beautifully.

I am crazy about the dry down, when L'Eau d'Hiver seems to become about skin.It is a beautifully executed abstract, a delicate white powdered sweetness that combines with the skin.

L'Eau d'Hiver is said to be inspired by Apres l'Ondee. Both fragrances are the delicate and shy type. This makes L 'Eau d'Hiver a great fragrance for any situation where you do not want major sillage, and any situation where you want your skin to seem very special.