Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish
Camera FinishCamera FinishCamera Finish

4.1

Talc, Squalene, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Magnesium Carbonate, Octyldodecanol, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Chloride, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Chromium Hydroxide Greens, Chromium Oxide Green.

I love Napoleon Camera Finish Powder. I use 'look 2' and have been doing so for about 3 years now. I use it lightly dusted over my foundation to set and it and it really makes you look flawless (and yes camera finish name says it all!) I absolutely love this product and will be purchasing it till it is no longer available (hopefully forever!)

on 6/4/2008 10:45:00 PM

I can't say that i have ever used this product on it's own... powders are usually used it set your makeup and make it last longer, so the only time this is good is when you use it over some form of other makeup. It's not a bad powder... but i prefur translucent powders as they don't change the colour of your face, but with Camera Finish powder you are able to match them to the other napoleon foundations. I used this in Look 4 over a look 2 stick foundations and the results were fairly good.

On the whole the coverage if used on it's own would be fairly average- i wouldn't recommed it for those with dry skin as powders make dry spots more obvious.

The packaging is too bulky... it makes it hard to fit it in your bag unless you have a fairly large bag and it's very standard looking as are most napoleon products... i love Napoleon but they need to give there packaging a makeover ASAP!

on 8/24/2008 9:40:00 PM

I bought this as I was a bridesmaid at my friend's wedding and wanted to look flawless in the photos. Napoleon Camera Finish definitely did the job! It made my skin look fantastic! It is quite pricey, but if you can afford it, it's definitely worth it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I loved this product when I first got it as a present.
It gives you that flawless look and covers quite well, although during the day if you need to reapply it can appear cakey in the T-zone. Especially around the cheek area, next to the nose because the oil seems to make the powder look funny and if you try to apply more to reduce shine or even it out it can look worse and leave a patchy look in oily spots. Besides that it is a good product, probably more for those with less oily skin who just need a bit of evening out or a boost. I would probably reserve it for winter months when skin is less oily and the sun is less hot.

on 4/12/2009 11:18:00 PM

This is awful! It feels like a drugstore powder, for triple the price.

It doesn't give a "camera finish"......I model, I know what a "camera finish" is, and this isn't it.

It rubs off within two hours, and clumps into the natural contours of your face looking odd (it gathers in eye sockets, cupid's bow etc).

I bought it because I thought it would have the "camera finish" so I could wear it every day and not worry about bad photos of me being taken. Wrong! So wrong! It contains these horrible illuminating pigments which are of such pore quality they serve only to emphasize flaws, not cover or detract from them. You look like a glittery disco ball in photos.

If you want a "camera finish" I suggest using an actual photographically-designed brand, like Evolve, who make make-up primarily for editorial make-up artists (and it doesn't cost near as mush as this cr@p).

It breaks and crumbles in the case, and doesn't last. Mine went, (thankfully) within 2 months, and I was only using this for "basic" make-up (like to put on before doing the groceries, or at home) because I don't like waste.

on 5/11/2009 3:40:00 AM

My HG powder!

I love this, I've used so many different powder foundations; Dior, Chanel, MAC, Clinque.. None of them even came close to the perfection that is Napoleon Camera Finish!

This doesn't cake around my oily areas (t-zone) it doesn't settle into my pores, it doesn't look heavy and I only need to retouch once or twice a day, with every other product I've had to retouch once an hour.

I use this over skinflash dior foundation, so I use it more as a setting powder than just foundation by itself.

It's great, I definitely recommend

on 9/16/2009 7:40:00 AM

I have this in Look 1, i really like it, that said the colour is a little bit dark for my fair skin when i use the supplied sponge, but when I use a brush to apply it lightly it gives great coverage and my skin looks great in photos. not sure if i would buy again as the colour is not a purfect match for me considering the price..

on 3/1/2010 10:31:00 PM

I LOVE THIS POWDER! I have never used powders before and was looking for something that was quick and easy to wear everyday and this is great it has a nice coverage and is great over my Liquid foundation, its sets it perfectly! yes it is very expensive and I would reccomend trying it out before you buy it as there are not a lot of colours to choose from. But overall a great powder foundation that I will defs buy again!

on 8/31/2012 11:36:00 PM

I had been eyeing this up for a while but i never had the intention of buying it because of the $76NZD price tag. One day however, i was in a different Napoleon counter to my usual and they had ONE left in my shade on sale for just over half price ($40NZD). It was on sale because it was the terrible old black compact, not the new gold one. My review for the compact might be very irrelevant because it's the old one but i will say that to open this one is almost mission impossible. It is not a "push" button where the lid pops open but some sort of other ridiculous contraption where u have the push a clip down and then it unlocks, the clip jams very often.... I think they have gotten rid of the old 'lock' on the compact though since i didn't have this problem with the newer compacts when i was previously eyeing them up. The powder itself gives a satiny sheen to you're skin that reflects light from a camera flash in photo's. Even without the flash, you still get a nice 'sheen' to you're skin that will reflect in any sort of lighting. So... the product works!!, i would buy it again, there is no detectable "shimmer" in this powder like in the revlon photo ready range. This powder does come with two downsides: oily skin girls will need to carry this large compact around with them, it doesn't last like a mattifying powder would and so oil will break through. The other downside is the price, $76nzd compared with about $37 for Revlon photo ready or a $56nzd Mac MSFN.