Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish
Camera FinishCamera FinishCamera Finish

4.1

Talc, Squalene, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Magnesium Carbonate, Octyldodecanol, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Chloride, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Chromium Hydroxide Greens, Chromium Oxide Green.

on 11/23/2013 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

i will be comparing this primarily to the MAC Mineralise Skin Finish natural because i feel that that is a comparable product that everyone is familiar with. I have tried several other powders though.
Camera Finish is probably the better of the two products and is my favourite powder foundation/setting powder. After i finish my MAC MSFN i will not be purchasing it again because I feel that Camera Finish is a better product.
$69AUD for 13.5g of product. comes in a cold compact with a very big mirror attached, beautiful packaging. Sponge included but i don't use a sponge with it, i use various brushes to apply (MAC 189, Real techniques blush brush and RT powder brush).
the powder has a small smell to it, but can only be smelt in the pan; it does not smell when applied to the face. The powder is not cake in any way, and is medium in pigmentation. I would say it has the same amount of coverage as the MSFN should you apply it to a clean face.
I wear shade G4 and I am an NC37-NC40. I wear Med Dark in MSFN which is slightly too dark for my face and pulls to the pinker side. Camera Finish have a G range: for those who are golden toned (warm) and an N range, for those who are Neutral toned (cool).
I find that this powder sets my foundation without actually changing the colour too much, I find that it is a perfect match for my face too, so if i wear a found. too dark, this corrects it, and same to say when i wear a found. too light.
I find that there is little fall out when i run my brush through the pan. The powder is very finely milled and there is absolutely no shimmer in the pan (MSFN has teeny tine bits of microscopic shimmer).
I find this powder controls oil slightly better than MSFN. I find that if i wore MSFN alone onto of moisturiser, i would be so oily in 3 hours. with camera finish, it extends it to 5 (i would be so oily at this point). thats saying a lot for me.
I just absolutely love the packaging, it is pigmented enough to set a found. and change the colour if i need to, it does not look cakey at all, and also controls my oil better. I recommend this product.
the only gripe, its very very steep price (it hurt when the SA said '$69' i almost died)

I have used this product for a few years out of habit but was never that happy with it. The coverage is light and the limited colours all made me look a bit orange. I have finally found my HG powder (Estee Lauder double wear) and will never purchase Naploeon Perdis again as it is very over priced and its quality is overated.

on 6/13/2012 10:20:00 PM

This product is the best! i have tried revlon to clinique to estee lauder but they are all outstanded by napoleon perdis camera finish pressed powder.

i have this compact in gold, which is the newer range for this powder. It gives a very matte finish which I love! and it is a medium to full coverage powder but if you just want a sheer cover it can be done. I use this with a brush for everyday use and it just looks very natural flawless glow to my skin. Many have asked what I do to my face because they actually think I just have naturally perfect skin. My skin type btw is combination to oily skin and very acne prone and also very sensitive. i have scars and a few imperfections to cover up and this does just the thing. .For occassions I use the sponge that comes with it and it gives a more fuller coverage

To try out the "camera finish" effect I did take photos of myself with this on with the flash on. And I say this is a camera finish powder! my skin looks very flawless like I have been photoshopped. Very "doll" like. I love this product! it stays on the whole day! have put this to the test and Ive jumped around and walked around for 10 hours and this product has not left my face. after the 10 hours my face looked fresh as the first time ive put it on and not a spot of oil was on my face at all. usually with the other powders iv used my face will be oily within 3 hours of use.

Before I forget the packaging is very nice,, it looks expensive not cheap its gold and I just love it. It is a rectangle compact which i dont mind because I always carry a giant handbag, its easier to find for me.

This retails for $76 in New Zealand which is $4 less than the estee lauder one. I would definitely choose this and buy this again :)

on 12/28/2011 3:27:00 AM

Nice product but in hindsight you can get the same thing from a drugstore compact and save yourself AU$59. I found it had no staying power to wear on it's own, so it's just something I keep in my bag now for touch ups on my t-zone when I go out. I will not purchase this again, $59 for about 12g of product, forget it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have never worn any types of foundations and decided that I wanted to give them a try. I went into Ulta and had the lady try me on a few different kinds and shades. The Napoleon Camera Finish Look 6 looked AMAZING on my skin! It is light and does not make me look cakey or dead :-)...........I have a carmel complexion and this powder gives it a nice tone. I have fairly good skin, so I just use this powder alone with nothing else. I am shocked though that it costs $40.00. But you get what you pay for and I must say I LOVE this product so the money is definitely not an issue when it comes to this powder. I will definitely buy it again.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is my HG foundation powder and I have used it for over a year. For reference, I am NC 30 and I can use Look 1.

It has several uses for me. I use it to set my foundation and I use this in summer on its own. What I love most about it and what keeps me purchasing it is the fact that it always looks natural and never cakey. It is so finely milled and goes on so smoothly. It has light coverage which is what I want in a powder - it doesn't hide your imperfections (such as acne) so you will have to wear concealer but it does even skintone nicely. I find that this lasts me about 6 months.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this product :) I can't be without it.

on 12/1/2010 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

To get the best results from this product use it over ur foundation that way you dont have to use to much (no cake face) & it will last at least 4 mths. I use to use it over napoleon stick but found it wouldnt last all day the last 3 yrs ive been wearing it over revlon colourstay def a perfect combination i look flawless from 8am till 7pm. It is expensive but im willing to pay for this perfect product. Ive found that in U.s i can get it for $34 which is better than the $60 price tag here in Aus!

on 11/2/2010 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Its either I got a shit one but it was a really dry product. Made me look really cakey and dry. Does not last at all. It does conceal alright and I did de-pan it so I could just get rid of it but will not buy again. A big AUS$56 for a crap product. Even drug store powders are better than that.

on 6/26/2010 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This use to be the best powder for me, but as i started wearing it time over time, it became the worst.
the good points - covers redness, imperfections
bad points - doesnt last long and makes your skin look cakey and dry.
I think its a matte finish assuming most pressed powders are mattified,but again makes my skin either too oily or too dry.
You need to apply heaps with this, as it is quite sheer. not a good coverage. never going to buy it again.

on 5/28/2010 11:48:00 PM

This, used in the darkest shade, is great for powder contouring. As an overall face powder in the right colour, it has a nice fine texture and is easy to apply. I always use a fan tail brush to apply face powder as I find this stops it for looking too cakey. I cant comment on whether it actually does what it promises i.e. stops the dreaded 'white face' in photos (this is caused by SPF in your foundation) but for the price, if you are looking for a good powder, opt for Revlon Photoready instead. It does just as good a job and is half the price. Overall however, this is a good product