Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish
Camera FinishCamera FinishCamera Finish

4.4

Talc, Squalene, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Magnesium Carbonate, Octyldodecanol, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Chloride, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Chromium Hydroxide Greens, Chromium Oxide Green.

on 12/3/2004 8:46:00 PM

I love this pressed powder, I brought the ones that has the green corrector in it for my rediness. I can use with or without foundation.You can have a light dusting with a brush or a more matt look with the sponge. Im onto my 3rd one now and would not buy anything else. Highly recommended.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Packaging sucks. The case is wide, ugly and cheap/plasticky. Lucky the powder inside is pretty decent. It covers well and doesn't accentuate flakes, however I bought the lightest shade that they carry, but it looks a bit dirty on my pale skin. ugh. Also, Chanel powder foundations are still superior, so i will go back to them.

on 12/27/2008 4:27:00 AM

This is by far the best powder I've ever put onto my face. It is the first one I've used that doesn't make my face look dry, cakey, or break out. That said, I truly believe that this is a great powder for anyone who "gave up" on powders, like me. I use Look 4 over my Skin Food Aloe BB cream #2. I spray some rose water over this to set it and my skin just looks wonderful for the whole day. With this combo, it's difficult to tell that I actually have some clogged pores, redness, and pimples popping out. My skin has not reacted terribly to this powder. I did notice a few more pimples for the first few days of use, but that was something I was expecting. It's been tough to go a day without putting on the Camera Finish foundation because my skin just looks that much better with it! I think this is one product that is actually worth the splurge.

on 5/23/2009 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great. I really like how it doesnt look cakey but it still keeps my skin grease-free throughout the day. Good for combination skin. The only downside is the packaging. The clip to close it broke on mine just after i bought it so now I have to place an elastic around it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This powder is absolutely amazing! I bought this based on RavenBeauty's review for this powder. I am pretty pale (somewhere between NW5-NW10) and lately I seem to like powder foundations much more than liquid. I normally use Maybelline's Dream Matte in Light 0-1 and while the coverage is fantastic, it makes me look a bit too pale and powdery for my liking, so I use NP's camera finish in Look 2 to smooth and darken my complexion just a teeny tiny bit. If you're as pale as I am, don't go overboard with this as it gets you darker pretty quickly! I just lightly dab my 109 in it and blend it over a small portion of my face, and repeat. Not only does it give me the color I want, but the finish is absolutely smooth and flawless, not powdery at all and my huge pores disappear as well!
I can pretty much use B2, Look 1 and Look 2, but Look 2 seem to be the best for me so far.
Personally I like the packaging. It's simple and black, has a mirror and a sponge. The price is pretty steep, although you get more that with the usual powders, i.e. 13.5 instead of the usual 9g, e.g. MAC MSFN. Still, I like it so much that I will repurchase (in fact, I just hit pan this morning :)).

on 1/10/2010 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was using the WHOLE Napoleon range for awhile but gave it up because i had to keep reapplying my makeup and it made me oily. This is not my idea of good makeup.

I think it was the primer that made me oily so I might have to report back after just using the powder. It was very good at setting foundation and had a great sized mirror for touch ups. You didn't need to use much to get it to set either so even though it was $55AUD when I bought it, it lasted for a very long time. It was a good colour match as well.

on 5/28/2010 11:48:00 PM

This, used in the darkest shade, is great for powder contouring. As an overall face powder in the right colour, it has a nice fine texture and is easy to apply. I always use a fan tail brush to apply face powder as I find this stops it for looking too cakey. I cant comment on whether it actually does what it promises i.e. stops the dreaded 'white face' in photos (this is caused by SPF in your foundation) but for the price, if you are looking for a good powder, opt for Revlon Photoready instead. It does just as good a job and is half the price. Overall however, this is a good product

on 7/8/2010 5:32:00 AM

This product is amazing. It gives me such a flawless finish, and adds a nice bronzed color to my face. It also has a green tinge to it to take out any red I have on my skin. I would not apply this with the sponge provided, but with a big double fibered brush. Love this product and will always repurchase!

on 7/31/2010 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I was originally introduced to this product about 3 years ago when my friend finally admitted her secret to amazing looking skin. I purchased my first camera finish, but used it sparingly as it's super expensive back home, in Australia. I love its coverage, and the Look 4 matched my skin well in summer, but the price is what has held me back from it being my daily choice. If it was around the AU$40 price range, I would definitely repurchase more often, but, I decided since I'm living in Canada, I should be taking advantage of the cheap MAC, so my new powder is MAC's studio fix. Still, Napoleon is my first choice (only just though)

I do, however, find that sometimes it can look a little caked on, but if you use it sparingly, then the desired "airbrush" look can be achieved easily. Great to throw in the handbag with a brush for touchups, and this is the only powder I can honestly say gets rid of that horrible shine on the face in photographs.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have this is in the new formula (gold packaging). I have skin that depending on the day can be dry, oily or normal. I also am acne prone. Depending on my skin type on a particular day this powder can be classed as good or awful.
Firstly, when my skin is dry or normal, this powder is great... I use this over my Diorskin sculpt foundation (in 020) or Napoleon Perdis stick foundation (in number 3). It mattifies and removes "moisturizer shine" (i.e shine that peeps through foundation from your moisturizer).
I find it does not have much coverage, but that does not bother me as my liquid/stick foundation provides that...However, if you were using this purely for a foundation powder I don't think I would recommend it even for medium coverage powder foundation.
I only needed to touch up with this powder to reduce "moisturizer shine" once, when my skin was dry/normal.

However, if your skin even tends to oily, I would not recommend this. When my skin was in its oily stage, this powder didn't mattify and no matter how many layers I put on with my kabuki brush, shine still peeped through...1 hour later and I was like a grease ball...Skin so shiny and blotchy! Therefore, I do recommend this as a finishing powder for normal/dry skin, and highly recommend against for oily skin.

For reference, I am NC20-25 and use G1, in the new formula.

I won't repurchase, as I agree with another reviewer who said below that you can get a drugstore product that does the same thing for a fraction of the cost. (Personally I found the Maybelline Dream Matte mousse powder to be similar to this in terms of coverage and staying power).
I paid about $74 NZD for this