Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish

Filtered by hair type : Other
Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish
Camera FinishCamera FinishCamera Finish

Talc, Squalene, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Magnesium Carbonate, Octyldodecanol, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Chloride, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Chromium Hydroxide Greens, Chromium Oxide Green.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I haven't reviewed a product in ages but I recently tried this product for the first time and boy am I happy I did. "Look 2" is the perfect match for my light/medium pinkish under-toned skin. The finish is very natural. Not chalky and no settling in fine lines. At $40.00 it is pricey but worth every penny.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Wow! That's the word that comes to mind when attempting to describe this unbelievable powder. I feel like such an idiot because it took me this long to realize that what I really needed all along to set my foundation, was a truly beautiful finely milled foundation powder (not just an ordinary setting powder). I see so many different powder reviews from women complaining that the coverage wasn't enough or that it was too sheer (I was one of those and feel like a dunce knowing what I know now). I guess we get it into our heads that a foundation powder will be too much or too heavy, but actually it's perfect for our needs when we demand more coverage and staying power.

In that vein, I have tried several lately. All of them were better than ordinary powders so at least I knew I was finally going in the right direction. Some can be a tad heavy and some were not truly my color, so I was still on the prowl so to speak. I saw the reviews on this and thought it sounded perfect. Sephora is phasing this line out so they are currently having a major half price off sale (this powder is marked down from $40.00 to $20.00 right now)! I could not resist so I bought this in B2 which is their fair color (though I found out yesterday that the palest color is actually look 1 however they were sold out at Sephora). I am as pale as they come (think Nicole Kidman/Anne Hathaway) and super oily. I got this a couple of days ago and happened to be home without any make up on. I decided to pat some on just to get an idea of what it would it look like over my foundation. I am so used to patting on powders without any foundation on and getting a nice matte look but not much more that this. What I did not expect is to see every imperfection and blemish disappear completely with my face looking softer and more natural than I have ever seen it period! OMG! I have never seen a powder do this ever. I didn't even put that much on and it covered everything on my face and made me look so flawless! It looks a little dark in the pan which spooked me because I am so pale that most things look like mud on me, but the B2 was so natural looking! No demarcation line or anything (though I do now want to also get this in look 1 because I like to actually enhance my paleness).

I've been wearing this now for a day or two over my foundation and everyone asked me what I did different! My best friend demanded to know what I was wearing because she said my skin looked so soft and pretty. I told her so she ran off to Sephora when she got home and grabbed one in her color. It is also wonderful for oily skin as it has helped to keep my skin much drier during the day. It has a softening effect that I have never seen in any powder. I can see why they call this Camera Finish and suggest it for photos. I found a few articles online and they said that many celebrities use this at photo shoots and have relied on this powder for a long time (I guess I am late to the party). I called Napoleon Perdis to ask where I can buy this in the future because I am in love with their powder. The customer service people are so friendly and helpful! The representative I spoke to explained that Napoleon Perdis is launching a new reality show like ANTM in August and that they are the new official make up for the Oscars and Grammy's! She said that they want to streamline and sell only from their own stores so you can always call them and buy this (shipping is next to nothing too). Thank God for MakeUpAlley or I would have never even given this powder a try. This is the mother of all powders. I am very impressed and totally in love!!!

on 11/18/2008 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This foundation is ok. It doesn't spread as well as some other pressed powder foundations, and tends to feel thick and not very silky smooth. has good coverage though and leaves skin looking quite natural. Might purchase again.

Update: I prefer this without the sponge application, I use a brush now and it looks so much better!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I really like this as a light-coverage powder foundation. I got in in Look 3 which is sort of grey-ish looking in the pan, but it is meant to help eliminate redness. It looks perfect on- sheer coverage but enough to make my skin look fantastic without looking like I have makeup on. I'm very pleased with this product! For reference, I am about an NC20-25 right now. In the winter, though I will likley switch to Look 1.

I absolutely love this powder. It is SUPER fine, goes on flawlessly and makes my skin look velvety soft and luminous without looking dry or cakey. It's definitely very expensive and I'm not a fan of the somewhat-flimsy packaging, but the product itself is certainly HG-worthy.

on 12/28/2011 3:27:00 AM

Nice product but in hindsight you can get the same thing from a drugstore compact and save yourself AU$59. I found it had no staying power to wear on it's own, so it's just something I keep in my bag now for touch ups on my t-zone when I go out. I will not purchase this again, $59 for about 12g of product, forget it.

I have used this product for a few years out of habit but was never that happy with it. The coverage is light and the limited colours all made me look a bit orange. I have finally found my HG powder (Estee Lauder double wear) and will never purchase Naploeon Perdis again as it is very over priced and its quality is overated.