Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish
Camera FinishCamera FinishCamera Finish

3.6

Talc, Squalene, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Magnesium Carbonate, Octyldodecanol, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Chloride, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Chromium Hydroxide Greens, Chromium Oxide Green.

This product is incredible! It helps set my makeup very well. Price is reasonable.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This powder made my skin look dirty and blotchy. It did not work well at all. I'm not sure if it's because the lady who was working at the counter recommended a colour that was clearly too dark for my skin or not. But it sat funny on my skin. For the price I would definitely not buy this again.

on 11/23/2013 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

i will be comparing this primarily to the MAC Mineralise Skin Finish natural because i feel that that is a comparable product that everyone is familiar with. I have tried several other powders though.
Camera Finish is probably the better of the two products and is my favourite powder foundation/setting powder. After i finish my MAC MSFN i will not be purchasing it again because I feel that Camera Finish is a better product.
$69AUD for 13.5g of product. comes in a cold compact with a very big mirror attached, beautiful packaging. Sponge included but i don't use a sponge with it, i use various brushes to apply (MAC 189, Real techniques blush brush and RT powder brush).
the powder has a small smell to it, but can only be smelt in the pan; it does not smell when applied to the face. The powder is not cake in any way, and is medium in pigmentation. I would say it has the same amount of coverage as the MSFN should you apply it to a clean face.
I wear shade G4 and I am an NC37-NC40. I wear Med Dark in MSFN which is slightly too dark for my face and pulls to the pinker side. Camera Finish have a G range: for those who are golden toned (warm) and an N range, for those who are Neutral toned (cool).
I find that this powder sets my foundation without actually changing the colour too much, I find that it is a perfect match for my face too, so if i wear a found. too dark, this corrects it, and same to say when i wear a found. too light.
I find that there is little fall out when i run my brush through the pan. The powder is very finely milled and there is absolutely no shimmer in the pan (MSFN has teeny tine bits of microscopic shimmer).
I find this powder controls oil slightly better than MSFN. I find that if i wore MSFN alone onto of moisturiser, i would be so oily in 3 hours. with camera finish, it extends it to 5 (i would be so oily at this point). thats saying a lot for me.
I just absolutely love the packaging, it is pigmented enough to set a found. and change the colour if i need to, it does not look cakey at all, and also controls my oil better. I recommend this product.
the only gripe, its very very steep price (it hurt when the SA said '$69' i almost died)

on 8/31/2012 11:36:00 PM

I had been eyeing this up for a while but i never had the intention of buying it because of the $76NZD price tag. One day however, i was in a different Napoleon counter to my usual and they had ONE left in my shade on sale for just over half price ($40NZD). It was on sale because it was the terrible old black compact, not the new gold one. My review for the compact might be very irrelevant because it's the old one but i will say that to open this one is almost mission impossible. It is not a "push" button where the lid pops open but some sort of other ridiculous contraption where u have the push a clip down and then it unlocks, the clip jams very often.... I think they have gotten rid of the old 'lock' on the compact though since i didn't have this problem with the newer compacts when i was previously eyeing them up. The powder itself gives a satiny sheen to you're skin that reflects light from a camera flash in photo's. Even without the flash, you still get a nice 'sheen' to you're skin that will reflect in any sort of lighting. So... the product works!!, i would buy it again, there is no detectable "shimmer" in this powder like in the revlon photo ready range. This powder does come with two downsides: oily skin girls will need to carry this large compact around with them, it doesn't last like a mattifying powder would and so oil will break through. The other downside is the price, $76nzd compared with about $37 for Revlon photo ready or a $56nzd Mac MSFN.

I have used this product for a few years out of habit but was never that happy with it. The coverage is light and the limited colours all made me look a bit orange. I have finally found my HG powder (Estee Lauder double wear) and will never purchase Naploeon Perdis again as it is very over priced and its quality is overated.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have this is in the new formula (gold packaging). I have skin that depending on the day can be dry, oily or normal. I also am acne prone. Depending on my skin type on a particular day this powder can be classed as good or awful.
Firstly, when my skin is dry or normal, this powder is great... I use this over my Diorskin sculpt foundation (in 020) or Napoleon Perdis stick foundation (in number 3). It mattifies and removes "moisturizer shine" (i.e shine that peeps through foundation from your moisturizer).
I find it does not have much coverage, but that does not bother me as my liquid/stick foundation provides that...However, if you were using this purely for a foundation powder I don't think I would recommend it even for medium coverage powder foundation.
I only needed to touch up with this powder to reduce "moisturizer shine" once, when my skin was dry/normal.

However, if your skin even tends to oily, I would not recommend this. When my skin was in its oily stage, this powder didn't mattify and no matter how many layers I put on with my kabuki brush, shine still peeped through...1 hour later and I was like a grease ball...Skin so shiny and blotchy! Therefore, I do recommend this as a finishing powder for normal/dry skin, and highly recommend against for oily skin.

For reference, I am NC20-25 and use G1, in the new formula.

I won't repurchase, as I agree with another reviewer who said below that you can get a drugstore product that does the same thing for a fraction of the cost. (Personally I found the Maybelline Dream Matte mousse powder to be similar to this in terms of coverage and staying power).
I paid about $74 NZD for this

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

On of the best powders.
has controllable coverage without caking and is a matt finish, but not a matte powder finish, more natural. Smooths the skin out and is great for touch ups, setting and for a quick application. I use this when i cant be bothered getting ready for work in the morning but still want some cover lol.

on 1/10/2010 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was using the WHOLE Napoleon range for awhile but gave it up because i had to keep reapplying my makeup and it made me oily. This is not my idea of good makeup.

I think it was the primer that made me oily so I might have to report back after just using the powder. It was very good at setting foundation and had a great sized mirror for touch ups. You didn't need to use much to get it to set either so even though it was $55AUD when I bought it, it lasted for a very long time. It was a good colour match as well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I loved this product when I first got it as a present.
It gives you that flawless look and covers quite well, although during the day if you need to reapply it can appear cakey in the T-zone. Especially around the cheek area, next to the nose because the oil seems to make the powder look funny and if you try to apply more to reduce shine or even it out it can look worse and leave a patchy look in oily spots. Besides that it is a good product, probably more for those with less oily skin who just need a bit of evening out or a boost. I would probably reserve it for winter months when skin is less oily and the sun is less hot.

on 9/13/2008 7:26:00 AM

I'll probably buy this powder again as it does make set quite well. However, if reapplied more than twice a day it can make you look 'dirty', this is more noticeable when using look 3.