Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish

Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish
Camera FinishCamera FinishCamera Finish

4.2

Talc, Squalene, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Magnesium Carbonate, Octyldodecanol, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Chloride, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Chromium Hydroxide Greens, Chromium Oxide Green.

on 12/15/2003 11:10:00 PM

This is a great product and I carry this with me during the day to touch up. It leaves a very clean, matte finish and is perfect to dull down those darker summer foundations during the winter. It really does give a camera finish. I use 5B and have dark, oily/combo skin.

on 12/3/2004 8:46:00 PM

I love this pressed powder, I brought the ones that has the green corrector in it for my rediness. I can use with or without foundation.You can have a light dusting with a brush or a more matt look with the sponge. Im onto my 3rd one now and would not buy anything else. Highly recommended.

on 9/26/2005 12:20:00 AM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Other

It settles fine and provides a matt finish. I was intrigued by the product at first but after a while I think I got bored of the packaging. Now on a hunt for other pressed powders

on 10/30/2005 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really like this product! I'm PPP with pink undertones and some redness, and dry and sensitive skin. Like Chloe70 I bought this in #3, which has an olive tone to it, and it does work to tone down my redness. It's labelled a "powder foundation", but it acts more like a pressed powder. I am still a huge fan of LM and Shu loose powders, but the slight color of this product makes a big difference for me. I love the way it looks on my skin. I wish the compact were smaller - it's just too big to carry for touch-ups. For that matter, I wish it came as a loose powder. It's a little expensive but I'll happily repurchase this.

on 4/1/2006 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I am on my second lot of this wonderful powder. I use Look#2 and find it gives excellent coverage and is the perfect shade all year round for my blonde/highlighted hair and medium/light tan skin colouring. I rarely repeat purchases of ANY products (just like to give others a go!!) but when I read some reviews of other pressed powders (eg YSL) and problems e.g cracking up, shiny surfacing after some use etc., I have elected to continue using this product.

on 8/14/2006 11:21:00 PM

I really love this powder. I use it over the top of Revlon Colourstay foundation - for oily-combo skin. I use it in the morning to set my makeup on my T-zone then touch up once at lunchtime. It really is true to its name. Gives you a flawless camera finish. Hides any imperfections beautifully. Can be used alone as a foundation for a natural look.
I have it in 'Look 1'. I have fair, yellow-based skin.
I'm onto my 2nd compact. I've tried many powders, but nothing seems to be as good as this.
Update - I've decided this makes me look too done-up! Will not repurchase. Have discovered the amazing T.LeClerc in banane!!

on 12/15/2006 2:28:00 AM

I'm really amazed by the result. I think Napolean Camera Finish is probably the best powder I've ever used - and I've experienced lots of powder foundations, including Dior, Guerlain, Clinique, Chanel, MAC, Shiseido, SK-2, Lancome, and YSL. I have clear, very fine, combination to dry skin and always prefer powder foundation to liquid. Finding the perfect powder can be really tricky for me: if it's not matte enough, it wears off on my t-zone too fast; if it's too matte, the t-zone stays fine but dry patches on my cheeks would be accentuated and my face would just look plain powdery. Camera Finish seems to be the solution since it really lasts on my t-zone and doesn't make my dry areas powdery. It's light like a pressed powder but has lots of pigment so the coverage is good without looking heavy. The powder is also finely milled, blends into the skin nicely, and really gives natural looking, flawless skin. This comes in a simple black compact with sponge at side, not a small case like Dior or MAC, but smaller than Chanel and Guerlain cases and much thinner so it fits into any makeup bag or purse easily. What more can you ask for?

on 4/4/2007 3:01:00 PM

This powder is OK. I only got this b/c they were out ot my colour in the foundation stick. I wouldn't say that it conceals, cover and sets. It does some covering and does set makeup (well it's a powder and most powders will "set" your makeup). Conceals? Not really, you wouldn't be able to use this in replacement of your concealer. I would say this is light coverage at most. I keep this in my purse for touchs or when my face get a little too oily. I have dry/combo skin. Price is ridiculous for a mediocre product! $43CDN. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Packaging sucks. The case is wide, ugly and cheap/plasticky. Lucky the powder inside is pretty decent. It covers well and doesn't accentuate flakes, however I bought the lightest shade that they carry, but it looks a bit dirty on my pale skin. ugh. Also, Chanel powder foundations are still superior, so i will go back to them.

on 5/24/2007 1:50:00 AM

I have been using this powder for a couple of years now. I use a light dusting just on my T-zone to set my makeup on a day to day basis. I apply more heavily all over for a special occassion and it really does make my skin look flawless.

Best of all, it makes my skin look fantastic in photos. I dont know what I would of done without my Camera Finish on my wedding day!

At $AUD 60.00, it's not exactly cheap, but definetly worth the money.

Just a tip, dont apply too heavily underneath the eyes,as it does tend to settle into fine lines after a few hours.