Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish

Filtered by age: 25-29
Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish
Camera FinishCamera FinishCamera Finish

4.5

Talc, Squalene, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Magnesium Carbonate, Octyldodecanol, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Chloride, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Chromium Hydroxide Greens, Chromium Oxide Green.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I want to hate it because of the price but I really can't....it's awesome. Whatever they put in this stuff is good. One of the few powders that doesn't leave me looking powdery or cakey. I've worked at makeup counters before and tried many powders...still it's my fav. If you like a setting powder that looks very natural and feels extremely light give it a try. Anyone who says this feels cakey must have layered their moisturizer, primer, and foundation on way too thick. A little does it ladies;)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have never worn any types of foundations and decided that I wanted to give them a try. I went into Ulta and had the lady try me on a few different kinds and shades. The Napoleon Camera Finish Look 6 looked AMAZING on my skin! It is light and does not make me look cakey or dead :-)...........I have a carmel complexion and this powder gives it a nice tone. I have fairly good skin, so I just use this powder alone with nothing else. I am shocked though that it costs $40.00. But you get what you pay for and I must say I LOVE this product so the money is definitely not an issue when it comes to this powder. I will definitely buy it again.

on 7/31/2010 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I was originally introduced to this product about 3 years ago when my friend finally admitted her secret to amazing looking skin. I purchased my first camera finish, but used it sparingly as it's super expensive back home, in Australia. I love its coverage, and the Look 4 matched my skin well in summer, but the price is what has held me back from it being my daily choice. If it was around the AU$40 price range, I would definitely repurchase more often, but, I decided since I'm living in Canada, I should be taking advantage of the cheap MAC, so my new powder is MAC's studio fix. Still, Napoleon is my first choice (only just though)

I do, however, find that sometimes it can look a little caked on, but if you use it sparingly, then the desired "airbrush" look can be achieved easily. Great to throw in the handbag with a brush for touchups, and this is the only powder I can honestly say gets rid of that horrible shine on the face in photographs.

on 1/10/2010 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was using the WHOLE Napoleon range for awhile but gave it up because i had to keep reapplying my makeup and it made me oily. This is not my idea of good makeup.

I think it was the primer that made me oily so I might have to report back after just using the powder. It was very good at setting foundation and had a great sized mirror for touch ups. You didn't need to use much to get it to set either so even though it was $55AUD when I bought it, it lasted for a very long time. It was a good colour match as well.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This powder is absolutely amazing! I bought this based on RavenBeauty's review for this powder. I am pretty pale (somewhere between NW5-NW10) and lately I seem to like powder foundations much more than liquid. I normally use Maybelline's Dream Matte in Light 0-1 and while the coverage is fantastic, it makes me look a bit too pale and powdery for my liking, so I use NP's camera finish in Look 2 to smooth and darken my complexion just a teeny tiny bit. If you're as pale as I am, don't go overboard with this as it gets you darker pretty quickly! I just lightly dab my 109 in it and blend it over a small portion of my face, and repeat. Not only does it give me the color I want, but the finish is absolutely smooth and flawless, not powdery at all and my huge pores disappear as well!
I can pretty much use B2, Look 1 and Look 2, but Look 2 seem to be the best for me so far.
Personally I like the packaging. It's simple and black, has a mirror and a sponge. The price is pretty steep, although you get more that with the usual powders, i.e. 13.5 instead of the usual 9g, e.g. MAC MSFN. Still, I like it so much that I will repurchase (in fact, I just hit pan this morning :)).

on 9/16/2009 7:40:00 AM

I have this in Look 1, i really like it, that said the colour is a little bit dark for my fair skin when i use the supplied sponge, but when I use a brush to apply it lightly it gives great coverage and my skin looks great in photos. not sure if i would buy again as the colour is not a purfect match for me considering the price..

on 8/22/2009 7:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've got this in Look 4, and it is definately one of the best powders out there.
It gives you a glowy airbrushed look and makes your face flawless.
i use this with a powder brush and have had several people comment it.
Compact is a little big but apart from that its a great product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I really like this as a light-coverage powder foundation. I got in in Look 3 which is sort of grey-ish looking in the pan, but it is meant to help eliminate redness. It looks perfect on- sheer coverage but enough to make my skin look fantastic without looking like I have makeup on. I'm very pleased with this product! For reference, I am about an NC20-25 right now. In the winter, though I will likley switch to Look 1.

on 8/24/2008 9:40:00 PM

I bought this as I was a bridesmaid at my friend's wedding and wanted to look flawless in the photos. Napoleon Camera Finish definitely did the job! It made my skin look fantastic! It is quite pricey, but if you can afford it, it's definitely worth it.

on 4/4/2007 3:01:00 PM

This powder is OK. I only got this b/c they were out ot my colour in the foundation stick. I wouldn't say that it conceals, cover and sets. It does some covering and does set makeup (well it's a powder and most powders will "set" your makeup). Conceals? Not really, you wouldn't be able to use this in replacement of your concealer. I would say this is light coverage at most. I keep this in my purse for touchs or when my face get a little too oily. I have dry/combo skin. Price is ridiculous for a mediocre product! $43CDN. Would not repurchase.