Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish

Filtered by age: 19-24
Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish
Camera FinishCamera FinishCamera Finish

Talc, Squalene, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Magnesium Carbonate, Octyldodecanol, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Chloride, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Chromium Hydroxide Greens, Chromium Oxide Green.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This powder made my skin look dirty and blotchy. It did not work well at all. I'm not sure if it's because the lady who was working at the counter recommended a colour that was clearly too dark for my skin or not. But it sat funny on my skin. For the price I would definitely not buy this again.

on 11/23/2013 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

i will be comparing this primarily to the MAC Mineralise Skin Finish natural because i feel that that is a comparable product that everyone is familiar with. I have tried several other powders though.
Camera Finish is probably the better of the two products and is my favourite powder foundation/setting powder. After i finish my MAC MSFN i will not be purchasing it again because I feel that Camera Finish is a better product.
$69AUD for 13.5g of product. comes in a cold compact with a very big mirror attached, beautiful packaging. Sponge included but i don't use a sponge with it, i use various brushes to apply (MAC 189, Real techniques blush brush and RT powder brush).
the powder has a small smell to it, but can only be smelt in the pan; it does not smell when applied to the face. The powder is not cake in any way, and is medium in pigmentation. I would say it has the same amount of coverage as the MSFN should you apply it to a clean face.
I wear shade G4 and I am an NC37-NC40. I wear Med Dark in MSFN which is slightly too dark for my face and pulls to the pinker side. Camera Finish have a G range: for those who are golden toned (warm) and an N range, for those who are Neutral toned (cool).
I find that this powder sets my foundation without actually changing the colour too much, I find that it is a perfect match for my face too, so if i wear a found. too dark, this corrects it, and same to say when i wear a found. too light.
I find that there is little fall out when i run my brush through the pan. The powder is very finely milled and there is absolutely no shimmer in the pan (MSFN has teeny tine bits of microscopic shimmer).
I find this powder controls oil slightly better than MSFN. I find that if i wore MSFN alone onto of moisturiser, i would be so oily in 3 hours. with camera finish, it extends it to 5 (i would be so oily at this point). thats saying a lot for me.
I just absolutely love the packaging, it is pigmented enough to set a found. and change the colour if i need to, it does not look cakey at all, and also controls my oil better. I recommend this product.
the only gripe, its very very steep price (it hurt when the SA said '$69' i almost died)

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

My search for the perfect powder has been long and frustrating..
Trying to find a non-cakey powder with oil control, and that doesn't oxidize.
I tried almost every drugtstore product as well as Clinique.
Then my sister purchased this and sang its praises, so I was intrigued.
It's quite expensive, at $65 AUD.
First time I purchased this, I bought the lightest shade, as I usually wear the lightest in my other powders. I found it too light.
Second time round I got the NP makeup artist to color match me and she reccomended natural 2. Perfect match! Very happy with this.
My HG for sure.
Fantastic staying power, natural matte finish, oil control, and no oxidization. Does not break me out and looks great in photos.
Thanks Napoleon! You have one happy customer.

on 8/31/2012 11:36:00 PM

I had been eyeing this up for a while but i never had the intention of buying it because of the $76NZD price tag. One day however, i was in a different Napoleon counter to my usual and they had ONE left in my shade on sale for just over half price ($40NZD). It was on sale because it was the terrible old black compact, not the new gold one. My review for the compact might be very irrelevant because it's the old one but i will say that to open this one is almost mission impossible. It is not a "push" button where the lid pops open but some sort of other ridiculous contraption where u have the push a clip down and then it unlocks, the clip jams very often.... I think they have gotten rid of the old 'lock' on the compact though since i didn't have this problem with the newer compacts when i was previously eyeing them up. The powder itself gives a satiny sheen to you're skin that reflects light from a camera flash in photo's. Even without the flash, you still get a nice 'sheen' to you're skin that will reflect in any sort of lighting. So... the product works!!, i would buy it again, there is no detectable "shimmer" in this powder like in the revlon photo ready range. This powder does come with two downsides: oily skin girls will need to carry this large compact around with them, it doesn't last like a mattifying powder would and so oil will break through. The other downside is the price, $76nzd compared with about $37 for Revlon photo ready or a $56nzd Mac MSFN.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have this is in the new formula (gold packaging). I have skin that depending on the day can be dry, oily or normal. I also am acne prone. Depending on my skin type on a particular day this powder can be classed as good or awful.
Firstly, when my skin is dry or normal, this powder is great... I use this over my Diorskin sculpt foundation (in 020) or Napoleon Perdis stick foundation (in number 3). It mattifies and removes "moisturizer shine" (i.e shine that peeps through foundation from your moisturizer).
I find it does not have much coverage, but that does not bother me as my liquid/stick foundation provides that...However, if you were using this purely for a foundation powder I don't think I would recommend it even for medium coverage powder foundation.
I only needed to touch up with this powder to reduce "moisturizer shine" once, when my skin was dry/normal.

However, if your skin even tends to oily, I would not recommend this. When my skin was in its oily stage, this powder didn't mattify and no matter how many layers I put on with my kabuki brush, shine still peeped through...1 hour later and I was like a grease ball...Skin so shiny and blotchy! Therefore, I do recommend this as a finishing powder for normal/dry skin, and highly recommend against for oily skin.

For reference, I am NC20-25 and use G1, in the new formula.

I won't repurchase, as I agree with another reviewer who said below that you can get a drugstore product that does the same thing for a fraction of the cost. (Personally I found the Maybelline Dream Matte mousse powder to be similar to this in terms of coverage and staying power).
I paid about $74 NZD for this

on 12/28/2011 3:27:00 AM

Nice product but in hindsight you can get the same thing from a drugstore compact and save yourself AU$59. I found it had no staying power to wear on it's own, so it's just something I keep in my bag now for touch ups on my t-zone when I go out. I will not purchase this again, $59 for about 12g of product, forget it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is my HG foundation powder and I have used it for over a year. For reference, I am NC 30 and I can use Look 1.

It has several uses for me. I use it to set my foundation and I use this in summer on its own. What I love most about it and what keeps me purchasing it is the fact that it always looks natural and never cakey. It is so finely milled and goes on so smoothly. It has light coverage which is what I want in a powder - it doesn't hide your imperfections (such as acne) so you will have to wear concealer but it does even skintone nicely. I find that this lasts me about 6 months.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this product :) I can't be without it.

on 12/1/2010 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

To get the best results from this product use it over ur foundation that way you dont have to use to much (no cake face) & it will last at least 4 mths. I use to use it over napoleon stick but found it wouldnt last all day the last 3 yrs ive been wearing it over revlon colourstay def a perfect combination i look flawless from 8am till 7pm. It is expensive but im willing to pay for this perfect product. Ive found that in U.s i can get it for $34 which is better than the $60 price tag here in Aus!

on 6/26/2010 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This use to be the best powder for me, but as i started wearing it time over time, it became the worst.
the good points - covers redness, imperfections
bad points - doesnt last long and makes your skin look cakey and dry.
I think its a matte finish assuming most pressed powders are mattified,but again makes my skin either too oily or too dry.
You need to apply heaps with this, as it is quite sheer. not a good coverage. never going to buy it again.

on 5/28/2010 11:48:00 PM

This, used in the darkest shade, is great for powder contouring. As an overall face powder in the right colour, it has a nice fine texture and is easy to apply. I always use a fan tail brush to apply face powder as I find this stops it for looking too cakey. I cant comment on whether it actually does what it promises i.e. stops the dreaded 'white face' in photos (this is caused by SPF in your foundation) but for the price, if you are looking for a good powder, opt for Revlon Photoready instead. It does just as good a job and is half the price. Overall however, this is a good product