Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

4.3

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I quite like this for spraying on before my BB cream (or foundation but it's usually just BB cream) and powder on my t zone and then after I'm completely done with my makeup, I know this product isn't exactly a setting spray but for some reason it works for me to keep any makeup and powder from looking disgusting and cakey. I have well behaved combo skin. It works better than any other primer or setting spray have ever tried for this purpose. It's my anti cakeface spray.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I currently rotate between five different facial sprays, this one is a regular but it's not my favorite. In terms of store bought sprays, it's good, it does refresh my skin, it has a nice atomizer and it's very affordable. I use around 2 ounces of various sprays a month so quite a bit of it. I make my own spray with rose water and frankincense oil that I also like, but this is an okay alternative. In the summer, I put this or my homemade one in the fridge to make it extra refreshing. It's great all over your body on a hot day.

The cucumber version is slightly nicer to me, but that's only because roses taste terrible when it's on your lips. These don't leave a film or change my makeup much, but it's definitely not a setting spray. This is more to hydrate, cool down, or to wet your face before adding moisture to it. I'm looking forward to trying the Lavender version next. If you find this has too many ingredients I recommend trying a DIY version.

on 11/5/2017 12:29:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I don’t easily award a product with the name *Holy Grail*, but this is one of them! How do I love thee? Let me count the ways!

Following cleansing and moisturizing, I spritz this all over my face and neck. I then apply my makeup, usually a TM followed by some artistically placed concealer. A tiny dusting of powder along my cheeks and jawline to set, then I totally mist my face again with this spray of heaven.

My skin looks nourished, healthy, and plump, all the requirements of a French girl 😊 Takes away the powdery look, and really sets and melds makeup to the skin. I carry a tiny bottle with me in my handbag to refresh as needed.

Now for the weird part. I have very long naturally curly hair, waist-length layers (which I totally cut & style myself). Curly hair is bizarre, in that the less I wash it, the happier it is. Seriously, I only wash my hair once a week. Proper styling afterwards and each night allows me to achieve perfect curls each day, that I receive compliments on constantly. Most people have no idea I only wash my hair once a week. Here’s the magic: After my hair is about 80% dry, I put it in a ponytail on top of my head. Leaning upside down, I spray the almost dry tail with this spray, then wrap into a bun. I leave it up to dry overnight, and my curls look Hollywood-worthy in the morning.
Each night until I wash my hair again, I repeat the above process. I hope it works for someone else like it does for me! I only wish I knew this stuff in high school, would’ve spared a lot of teenage angst. P.S.- I’ve tried making my own rosewater & glycerin spray for curls, but can’t get the ratio like the Mario Badescu. Gave up trying.)

on 9/21/2017 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I love this for all-over moisture and skin refreshment! A must-have in hot climates.

on 9/13/2017 8:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Smells amazing. Leaves my skin feeling lightly moisturized and soft. I like to use this after I remove my makeup and apply serums when I don't need a heavy moisturizer. Does not cause any breakouts. I like this more than other toner sprays and it's a great value for the price. Would repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

So I'm really disappointed ...
Like other reviewers have noted, the spray bottle on this product is awful and it concentrates the product on one area of your face and makes it super heavy and wet. I prefer my rose water spray from the health foods store, it's cheaper and has a better sprayer. I will try this product with a different nozzle and see if it makes a difference. I'm very underwhelmed and don't think it's worth the price point as it leaves my skin a little bit sticky feeling.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I use it as a setting spray or whenever my skin needs a shot of moisture. Love the smell of roses. Made it a permanent part of my facial collection.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I caved in due to the hype this product had all over Instagram and also the idea of whipping out this bottle to mist rose water on my face in public on a hot day really spoke volumes to me!!! smells nice and works ok as a toner or to freshen up my makeup. But I don't think I'll be purchasing this product again anytime soon..

on 12/28/2016 9:27:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love the smell and I swear this made my foundation glow! All in all it's a good product .

on 2/1/2016 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff!

Let me first say that if you really, really don't like the smell of rose you will not like this purely for the smell. I don't particularly like the smell of rose but I manage because this is such a great product. The only reason I gave this 4 stars was because I'm not very partial to the rose smell.
It has so many uses. I have very dry, very sensitive skin. This stuff is magic. I use it as a toner, moisturizer, and to cool off. I agree with most other reviews that this doesn't necessarily make your makeup last longer but it does help 'blend' your makeup together and gives you a very glowy, more natural appearance.

The younger (teenage) people with perfect skin will probably have very little purpose for this item besides it "feeling good". I don't think this product is intended for those with flawless skin. They don't even need a toner. Something to keep in mind when reading reviews.
I also don't find this stuff to be sticky AT ALL. Perhaps the people who do are having issues with it not mixing well with other moisturizers/ skin products.

This has greatly improved my skincare routine, specifically at night. I use my Clarisonic so when I get out of the shower my skin is often very tight. I will quickly use Mario Badescu's aloe vera toner and then I use this facial spray because it helps IMMENSELY when putting on my moisturizer. It provides a base so that my hands don't practically stick to my face from how clean it is.
Only recently discovered I have seborrheic dermatitis but just before I figured it out I noticed a great improvement in my skin and it was because of this product! The reason is because of the aloe in it. Aloe has a number of great benefits to the skin. This stuff is awesome for redness, lesions, etc.

This is a must have item on-the-go. A slight bummer is that the regular sizes are inconvenient for your purse or travel. I bought a gift set with a 1 oz sized bottle of this stuff which I refill to keep in my purse and luggage.