Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

4.2

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I wanted to see if I could find a more cost effective alternative to my beloved Skindinavia setting spray so I ordered the Mario Badescu Facial Spray. The 4oz. bottle was only $7.00. When I received my package in the mail, I was really pleased to see that they give you 3 generous samples of their other products, right on!

In my opinion, the key to a good setting spray is a combination of two things, the formula and the spray bottle. Skindinavia has the best bottle in my book, it provides a light mist and beats out all the other brands I’ve tried, including this one. Luckily I’m a hoarder and I saved my Skindinavia bottle and transferred Mario over into that bottle. I have to say, it made a difference and…. yes I know I’ve invested way to much thought into this.I do like this product very much. It contains various herbs that are good for your skin, aloe and rosewater and the scent is a light rose scent. I spray this on my face before I apply my makeup for moisture and then when I’m done applying my makeup, aside from my mascara (that is always my last step in “the process”). It melds all my face products (powders, concealer and foundation) together nicely and leaves a dewy finish to the skin. That being said, if you have oily skin, then this might not be for you. I’m planning on purchasing this product again because I really like to start my morning with a light mist of this all over the face, it primes my skin for foundation perfectly, leaving it feeling soft and hydrated. I will however continue my search for an equal to Skindinavia, as far as a setting spray is concerned, only because I prefer a matte finish to the dewy finish this gives.

For more reviews on cruelty free beauty products, visit my blog dizzynicky.wordpress.com or on Instagram @dizzynicky

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Hello! Why was i not aware of this product long time ago??? I had MAC Fix+ but really could not find it doing anything for me. I actually had it for a year...could not figure out it's purpose...did not set my makeup so i would use it in the summer to refresh my face, that was about it. I finally ran out and refused to spend so much and while shopping for Mario Badescu products for my acne prone skin (LOVE MARIO BADESCU) i ran into this facial spray..tried it and loved it!!! So soothing to the face and love how it sets my makeup leaving me with a nice glow. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Will defenitely buy again and again...so cheap!

on 5/16/2017 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

They've changed the spritzer.

It used to be an even mist, but now when you spritz your face you will cop an aggressive squirt concentrated in one area (in my case, my eyes).

It makes my eye makeup run and I have to keep my eyes wide open to avoid smudging my mascara after spraying, even if I applied my mascara 10 minutes beforehand.

If you're after a setting spray, use the Urban Decay one. This is simply awful.

Only purchase this if your aim is to have a grungy 90's eyeliner look.

Finished 3/4 of the bottle and didn't like it, but I was using it simply to get my $$ worth.
But today I applied it to my face BEFORE applying my makeup and I must say it made my foundation apply smoother and easier.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ingredients on bottle not the same as online!

I received my bottle today, ingredients listed on it are:

Aqua (water), propylene glycol, aloe leaf juice, fucus vesiculosus extract, gardenia florida fruit extract, polysorbate 20, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, parfum (fragrance), phenoxyethanol, sodium chloride, Cl 17200 (Red 33), Cl 42090 (blue)

Not even the same as on the Mario Badescu website, and definitely not the same as the nice ingredients listed here on MUA and on the Ulta website. Disappointing :(

on 10/17/2018 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product would have been great minus the Hexylene Glycol!
Used this product multiple times over a period of time and every time I did it would break me out!
If you have sensitive, acne prone skin like me, do a patch test or just buy rose water which is much cheaper and works a treat on sensitive skin.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I bought this facial spray after seeing it in that meme where the girl's bf asked him "who tf is Mario Badescu", and after experiencing how good it smells (like burying your face in a giant bouquet of roses). It is so refreshing, especially halfway through a hot day. The spray nozzle nicely distributes the product in a fine mist.

Please take care to know as a skincare product, it is not good!!! There is fragrance in it, something I try to avoid obsessively. I don't apply this on my bare skin often; I usually use it to set my makeup. It's good fun and all, but I would never rely on this to moisturize my skin.

on 11/23/2017 12:22:00 AM

I love this spray. I even keep a bottle in the office. I use it after I finish cleaning my face and dont need to use moisturizer. I spray it on my face when I have finished my makeup and it makes my makeup look great. It is not expensive and it does a wonderful job. Light scent. This is a must have for me.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This product is HEAVEN! Every time I try a new facial spray I always come back to this one. I love to spray it on my face and neck and it leaves my skin feeling very hydrated. I find that once in the morning is enough and I don't really need to spray it again throughout the day. But if you would like an afternoon pick me up for your skin, then give this a go. It leaves skin feeling refreshed and well hydrated. I even love this for sensitive skin or skin that is irritated. When I have had a day where my skin is irritated or sensitive this has always helped to soothe and calm my skin. Best facial spray hands down.

on 6/6/2017 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm falling so in love with MB's products. This spray is no exception. I use this for almost any reason - but particularly when I am out in the sun or at the beach. It's incredibly refreshing and cooling and of course, the scent is heavenly. It dries quickly without leaving my skin feeling tacky or wet and it doesn't cause any breakouts, which is a huge win for me. It also doesn't break up my sunscreen, so really, what's not to love?!

It's NOT A SETTING SPRAY. It's not advertised as such so I don't get why people are reviewing it based on a false expectation. The product works well, isn't crazy expensive, and it travels well. I will definitely make this a staple.

Popular Face Skincare Products