Bath and Body Works Creamy Coconut Body Lotion

Bath and Body Works Creamy Coconut Body Lotion

3.5

on 4/21/2017 3:43:00 PM

I get compliments on this one, and my DH likes it. Mixes well with Love and Dot. Nice for transitioning into Spring and warm weather. I tend to love vanillas, but they can often be too rich or sweet. This is soft and really works for me, though it does lose it's tropical top notes mid day and ends up as a vanilla. Too bad it is d/c'd and costs $30-40+ on amazon. The fact that it does evolve makes me actually like it more! I will need to scour the sales!

this smells more like vanilla or pina colada which i dont like:(

I actually like the pineapple scent that I get right off the bat when applying this. Unfortunately, most of that fades and most of the coconut too, and I am left smelling like a vanilla cookie. It's not bad, but not what I was looking for either. I'll continue to use it, but I'll be on the search for a more true coconut scent.

I ordered all 3 classic coconut scents, so was excited to open my box of goodies. This isn't a bad smell, but not what I expected. I read a review that described it as smelling like a car air freshener... the ones that hang from your rearview mirror. I was thinking to myself, "How can that be; that's just plain crazy?" Well, I found out today when I tried it on. It smells exactly like one.

In all fairness, everyone's chemistry is different. It might smell better on someone else.

I could detect the coconut smell as well as a hint of vanilla if that helps with the scent.

on 1/31/2009 12:31:00 PM

I bought this lotion on eBay, having never smelled it before. When I received it in the mail, I was initially disappointed in how artificial it smelled (like a strong, pineapple-coconut-vanilla air freshener). However, once I applied it to my skin and let it set for few minutes I began to smell a delicious, creamy vanilla fragrance without a trace of pineapple (I hate pineapple!); my boyfriend loves it! While the fragrance is fantastic and warm, I probably won't repurchase this again unless I want a good vanilla fragrance. If you're looking for a true coconut scent (or even a suntan lotion smell), this isn't the lotion for you, as Creamy Coconut is nearly all vanilla with a vague, minute touch of coconut. Again, a wonderful, comforting fragrance, but not what I was looking for.

on 7/6/2008 12:14:00 AM

This lotion smells great in the bottle--just summery and yummy! But on me, sadly, it turned into a very fake vanilla-y scent after a while. Maybe not a problem for vanilla lovers, but I had to take a shower

At least it was cheap!

on 3/19/2008 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I always grab a few of these when I see they they are being "brought back" as a classic, which they do periodically. They're normally on sale around $5, too. I have to say, I just love this scent. It's a true coconut scent, rich and warm with amazing staying power, especially for a lotion. It's like the scent of tropical sunscreen in the best way possible. Which is why I love it as a staple in the summer, and as a pick-me-up in the winter. I'll keep buying it if they keep making it!

on 1/3/2008 9:37:00 PM

LOOOVVEE this stuff! Bought a bunch at the huge sale and I am sooo glad I did. Smells sweet, very coconut/vanilla. My hubby and 3yr old daughter also love it. My mom loved it and said it smelled like coconut cream pie. I will always have this as long as they make it.

I found this today at the bath and body works annual sale. I think it was only $3.00. I didn't chose to buy this one, because it just smelled weird to me. I love coconut scents, but i just think this doesn't smell like a true coconut. Nothing tropical about this in my opinion. This kind of had a candy like smell to it. I really can't describe what I detected, but definitly something bad.

on 7/24/2007 11:52:00 AM

Why did Bath and Body works discontinue this? I think people who love warm vanilla sugar (from B&BW signature fragrances), should also like Creamy Coconut as well, because it is vanilla-based. It also smells like a very good smelling suntan lotion, which I see as a positive thing, since I love the beach. This seems to have a "comforting" smell that differs from the other Bath & Body Works coconut scents, although I do like Island Coconut too. However, this is definitely the best coconut I've tried yet. I like how it has a creamy, fresh coconut scent instead of an overly sweet coconut smell. Creamy Coconut is definitely a summer staple of mine. Even though it is now rare, I will be sure to stock up during semi-annual sales!