Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

White Petrolatum

on 3/17/2017 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Affordable, available at most stores and works for dry/ aging skin. Just wish I would've started using this sooner before I started aging! I'm 32 btw. But it's never too late to start, I can prevent future aging.

on 3/29/2016 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Basically I agree with everyone else here. The key is you have to know how to use it. I don't use this all over my face just on areas that tend to be a bit drier than others. It doesn't moisturize, it seals in moisture. So I always use a tiny bit on damp skin after I wash my face and it's helped make some fine lines disappear and prolong softness. I never have a problem with breakouts either. I can get massive tub of this at Walmart for $4. Also make sure you're buying VASELINE and not off brand Petroleum Jelly. Vaseline is refined in a way most off brand versions are not. This is important because Vaseline won't clog your pores which I'm not sure can be said for the other stuff.

on 11/15/2014 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product has become my HG it's done wonders for me. My lips were terrible for a very very very long time. I bought lipsticks but wouldn't use em cuz of how they'd look on my horrible lips, it was so embarrassing I didn't want to talk to people cuz I didn't want em to notice my overly dry peeling horrible lips. I read a lot of articles on exfoliating your lips and blah blah nothing worked. Anyways I got this and it cleared my lips in 2 days. 2 DAYS!!! I so very felt foolish for having not tried it sooner and going through all that. Now I use it every day I sleep with this thing on my bed. My lips are super smooth and soft. I love it. You don't need to pack it on a little will do just fine. The packaging doesn't bother me I keep it and my hands clean and I don't share cuz my face and lips quickly react to things. I keep a big size for my friends and family who wanna use it but keep the tiny one for myself only.

on 7/27/2014 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have a love/hate relationship with this, it comes in handy when my skin is especially dry , but if my skin is just fine it causes me to break out. So I guess I'll keep it around for those especially dry days and it works really well as a moisturizer for my lips so yeah I'd repurchase but it last so long I don't see myself running out anytime soon

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I use it on my lips. I use it on very dry hands. I use it to help cuts heal quicker. I use it to reduce the pain of hangnails. I use it to remove eye makeup sometimes. I use it on cracked heels. It really is an essential product.

on 2/22/2014 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Soooooo good!!! My favourite thing to use on my lips!! It's also good to use on your cheeks, nose and chin if you live in a cold climate like I do (Canadian Prairies) and are spending the day out in the cold it protects your skin against frost bite. LOVE Vaseline.

on 2/21/2014 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

A cheapie but goodie. You can use this on your lips skin and more. Always have a tub with me. I put on soaking wet skin when I get out of the shower. If feels nasty a first but let a sit for a minute then put your night clothes on the next morning my skin is crazy soft.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

The vaseline inside is just vaseline, and can be used with everything, as every vaseline purchaser knows. I love the new packaging :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Vaseline deserves the hype that it gets. It is a great moisturizing product and all purpose as well. I use this twice a week as an overnight moisturizer because I wake up with such amazing skin. This removes pimples and blemishes overnight! As an overnight treatment it has saved my skin's life and it has made me look better. I use it as brow gel, also use in in elbows, knees, feet, and lips. With crushed blush it also makes a great tinted lip gloss. It removes makeup like nothing else. My hair stylist also uses this as a barrier to prevent burning from blow-drying or when I relax my hair (usually every 3-4 months). The tub packaging makes me uncomfortable at times. I really wish it came in a tube. It dissolves mascara like crazy. I use this as an eye cream also and it plumps my eyes and diminishes dark circles. I haven't used it for burns or other problems like that. I'll have to try that. For all its worth, it does so much for so cheap. This will always be in my medicine cabinet and in my travel bag.

on 3/15/2009 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Staple, holy grail, go-to...this product is all of that and more. I realized a couple months ago that the lotions I was using were causing me to dry out more because the first ingrediient in most of them is WATER. It is nice to wear a nicely fragranced lotion or cream, but for true moisture protection Vaseline cannot be beat. It traps moisture into the skin rather than causing moisture to evaporate. All of the people I know with beautiful, line-free, wrinkle-free skin use vaseline on their faces, not overpriced creams with mysterious ingredients. This product does not clog my skin (although I would never use it on my nose), I think women would be so surprised at how good their skin would look if they slept in this for a few nights. It is also EXCELLENT for keepin hands, nails, and cuticles beautiful and keeps feet soft as well as keeping pedicures fresher, longer. If I want to use a nicely scented lotion, I use the Vaseline first and then put lotion or perfume over it which causes the scent to linger longer.