Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

Price: $

Price: $

White Petrolatum

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is it - my holy grail lip balm.

I've tried Blistex, Chapstick, Carmex, Nivea (stick balms and lip butters) and Nuxe, which were all flawed in some way. I only had issues with my bottom lip, which was always perpetually peeling and had dry skin coming off every night. This was really annoying because every time I wanted to apply lipstick, I had to use a lip exfoliator. Then a friend suggested I try using Vaseline and holy shit, it worked like magic. I only apply this at night and when I wake up, my lips are baby soft AND they don't peel anymore even though it's almost winter here. My lips also look more rosy now since they aren't chapped/peeling. I highly recommend this to people who struggle with lip balms making their lips chapped/peel.

on 5/16/2017 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love this. Multiple uses, esp. when cuticles or heels are extremely rough at night with socks. I use 100% Shea butter or cerave cream to maintain heels and cuticles once they recover. For face, I usually prefer aquaphor because it absorbs a bit faster and is (a bit) more matte, less greasy, when applied sparingly. (The difference between aquaphor and Vaseline is that aquaphor contains panthenol which aids in absorption into the skin. Aquaphor also contains ingredients that speed healing). But, Vaseline is ideal for acting as a barrier to keep moisture in and germs out. I think there is definitely room for both in the medicine cabinet. Sometimes I layer Vaseline with lansinoh lanolin for lips. ( lanolin is classified as an emollient, aquaphor a semi-occlusive; Vaseline as an occlusive). I think kiehl's lip balm one is a mix of petroleum and lanolin, but it travels more on the lips and doesn't last as long. . .

on 12/16/2016 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Vaseline is my miracle worker, I use it after I wash my face as my nightime moisturiser, and in the morning my face is soft and much clearer, it helps redness fade like magic. The money I've spent on moisturisers is ridiculous, this cost me £2 for a huge tub which will last months. Can't live without it

on 8/23/2016 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Vaseline is a great occlusive if you need one. I can't spread it over my face, because my oily skin disagrees with strong occlusives. However, I will not take off lippies for that, since it depends on your skin. It is meant as an occlusive and is one of the best products for that. So for being a great occlusive, it gets 5 lippies. It is a cheap product that is a good staple to have around the house.

A lot of people with dry skin love it as an occlusive to seal in their moisturizer. I use it as a protectant when applying protects that I don't want to get anywhere else. For example, I use it on my eyebrows when applying a self tan. I also apply it on my lips and nasal folds if I ever use a strong, rinse off version of a chemcial exfoliate (AHA/BHA). I dye my hair at home and it is great to put over the ears and parts of hairline to prevent dye from getting there. In the morning, before I wash my face, I use a little bit of vaseline mixed with sugar as a DIY lip scrub (gets all the flakes off). It is also great to put over a cut. It helps with the healing the cut, by keeping it covered. However, it does trap heat, so I wouldn't use it over burns (use aloe vera instead). There are so many uses for it if you need a occlusive for whatever random reason.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I tried using this for lip moisturizing and it did not work at all. The consistency is so offensive I wouldn't consider using it for anything else.

on 3/16/2015 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Mom was right again! Vaseline at night as a face cream works amazingly. I wake up with softer and more even skin. Of course I had to go off and try expensive face creams that all left me with acne and redness...but I'm now crawling back to this. It's cheap, multi-purpose and fragrance/irritant free. Try not to buy the generic (store) brand as they often contain extra ingredients and fragrance.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This tiny tub kicked the crap out of me. I only used this ONCE and my face turned into a raging mess. I picked this up based on recs to lock in moisture for winter dehydrated skin. At night, I preformed my same old skincare routine but topped it off with a very thin layer of vaseline. I went to bed looking like Brutus from Popeye. Big ol greasy face. I woke up with pretty smooth looking skin. I just rinsed my face quickly with lukewarm water and applied my usual spf and moisturizer. I put on my ususal foundation and nope...bye. Skin looked so weathered! I looked like I was lost at sea for months. How can this be? Also, it immediatley caused a large breakout all along my jaw line and chin. However, no clogs probably because this was a one time use. I sit here now with a peel on my face trying to burn away the sins of the jelly. Overall, I am very reactive to products so I wasn't too surprised that this didn't work for me. However, many women for many years swear by this so it is worth checking out.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I really don't like Vaseline mainly because of the harsh petroleum smell but also because as a lip balm I find it only works as a quick fix and after it is soaked in, my lips actually feel more dry than they did in the first place.

I am writing this review to help anyone who may have the same problem - I have a solution!

Although it is becoming increasingly popular in the beauty world, I have found that a lot of my friends haven't ever heard of this product. If you have dry lips and find that no lip balm really solves this problem please, please consider Reve de Miel by Nuxe !!

It is pretty pricey for a lip balm but not extortionate and I promise you, it really works.

Lemme tell you about some of Vaseline's amazing usages. It's a moisturizer, a makeup remover, an eyelash conditioner, a lip balm, a great foot exfoliation finisher, and to keep your manicure cleanup simple you can rub some of this stuff around your nails before you start painting! Amazing!

everybody loves this.

be real, everybody loves this. a very good lip balm for my skin, i use it everytime and as a base of lip treatment/product i use.

here my story:
so i find myself always struggle with lip problem, it was flaky and dry all the time. everything i tried. name a brand of lip balm. and it didnt work out for me, the only was quite good is nivea lip balm that comes on green tube (i forgot the name). and then when it was runs out, i found it nowhere and i think it is discontinued on my country. so i am sad and grieving for my lips. i tried to go to my doctor but the lip treatment that they gave me not so good.
actually, i heard so many times about vaseline, but i never try it because it is not specifically stated for lip. and then i give it a try.........DAAAAAAMMMMNNN!!! i hope i started to use vaseline sooner, on my early teenage when my lip was on the worst.
vaseline gives me plump and healthy and smooth and kissable, name it!
i tried burt's bees ones, but it is gives me a flaky and hurt my lip so i comeback to this vaseline and this is like my holygrail. it is even beat the most organic thing ever, the burt's bees!!

i read so many times about vaseline that no good for ur skin blahblah, so i will try to expalin in a easy way. vaseline is petroleum jelly, which is the purest thing from crude oil. do not imagining crude oil as the one you use for gases. crude oil is more than that, it is the form of oil that extracted from deep ocean, deep wells on dessert. long story short, it is organic and nature made it.
so give vaseline a toast!