Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

4.7

White Petrolatum

on 1/22/2004 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my hg for feet! This stuff is the only stuff (including Kerasal) that will heal and moisturize my scaly, rough, calloused feet. In just 3 days, I had soft, pink pretty feet to slip into a cute pair of sandals! It's the best!

on 10/13/2004 3:25:00 AM

During the last past 30 years (yes, start counting now, the woman must be a really old one ...), I have spent a fortune on skin care products, starting with the Clinique 3-Step System, then going on to Kanebo, Estée Lauder, Lancome, Dior, Clarins etc. - in the firm belief that you get what you pay for, that quality in skin care products, like in (almost)all other necessary things in life must be reflected in a steep price. And that mineral oils were to be avoided like the devil himself. Well, all these lotions and cremes didn't make me more beautiful - on the contrary, my skin was often red and itchy and always seemed in a way "tired". I needed a lot of foundation to cover all that. Needless to say, my bank account got tired as well.

Not so any more! Inspired, as so often, by Bellebrune as well as by Paula Begoun, saying that the skin on your face is not different from the skin on your body, I now use good old Nivea for night and for day, under my mineral make-up (with SPF, of course),the Vaseline Lotion (of course not forgetting to give my hands a treatment as well). Believe me, my skin never looked better!

on 12/10/2006 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Vaseline is a great eyelash conditioner! I use it at night, melting a bit between my fingers before stroking it on like it was mascara. Really keeps lashes flexible and not brittle. The next morning, my mascara goes on great and my lashes look full and long. Give it a try ladies!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Well I never thought I'd be looking up Vaseline reviews, let alone writing one myself. But here I am! Over the past several days, I was using RoC Deep Wrinkle treatment with Retinol, both the face and eye version. Well it appears I may be one of those that reacts badly to retinol, as after about 3 days, the skin around my eyes was burned...red, itching, irritated, peeling and anything I put on to try and soothe it made the pain worse. Tonight, I dabbed on gently some Vaseline...and I am singing it's praises. This is the best my eyes have felt in days. Good ol' Vaseline!!

on 3/2/2009 4:10:00 PM

Great for lips. Great for feet. Really heavy stuff so I wouldn't recommend using it in the summertime.

I have to agree with all the MUA ladies on this product. It is truly one of the most essential and versatile products in my bathroom. I use it for dry or chapped skin, makeup removal (especially the waterproof stuff), removal of false eyelashes, lip gloss, protect my skin when I'm colouring my hair. I could list a lot more I'm sure. It is soooo cheap, especially drug store brands/versions.

I always have this around. It works and it's cheap and it doesn't clog pores. Pretty much same as Aquaphor but much cheaper. I use both.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I but this in the travel size so I don't have to put my fingers in the pot everytime, much easier with a tube. I LOVE this stuff. I use it at night, first i put Vitamin E oil on my lips, around the eyes, eyelashes, around the mouth, and on my forhead. Then I put vaseline over top of all those areas and really lock in the moisture. In the morning my skin is so baby smooth and beautiful! I also massage it into my cuticles everynight, could not live without it.

on 4/18/2009 2:46:00 AM

Me and my mom both agree theres nothing like vaseline to soothe dry irritated eyes. In the dead of winter it seems like even supposedly deep moisturizing eye creams don't help with dry corners of eyes. Eyes, lips, hands, cuticle balm, ashy knees/ elbows, even severly dry parts of face! And the best part -you can get it at the dollar store. All of those above mentioned beauty needs could cost a person 50$. Who wants to spend that these days? ..wonder what it would do for hair? ..mmaybe not. ;)

I LOVE VASELINE! I use it mostly to remove makeup, moisturize eyelashes and eye area, and as a lip balm. Its also great for pimples that are overly dry from acne products, it makes the pimple more smooth and easier to cover. I also occasionally use it as a night cream by mixing a little glob with my face lotion. It is a amazing and versatile beauty essential that every person (man or woman) should own.
MAJOR PLUS : IT IS DIRT CHEAP